PDA

View Full Version : So I finally managed to finish AC Rogue on PC

Krust23
03-21-2015, 11:47 PM
And i gotta say, Wow! You guys really did a good job! You improved lots of stuff from Black Flag and Unity and i really liked that you mixed up the story this time instead of another playing an Assassin generic game :) Feels fun playing something different in the game and having a different moral directive in the game :)

And i really liked the ending, was really cool to see Arno there :)

So yeah, it was cool with having to look in haybales and grass for Assassins hiding so they dont ambush you and it was fun protecting people from them, really exchange of roles :) And of course lots of other extra missions and stuff you added was nice :)

The campaign was too short, but, i enjoyed myself!

Also, do you think the person you are in the real world in the game is gonna have a part in AC Victory since he/she supposedly joined the Templars now?

And last, i did not watch all the credits since it is too long so i pressed Esc to menu and now when i try to start the game it sends me direct to credits again? So will i never be able to play my game again? Or am i missing something?

Anyway, thank you Ubisoft for an awesome game, i hope we will get some DLC where you see Arno in Paris as Shay or something :)

jeffies04
03-22-2015, 12:22 AM
There's a button to skip the credits. I think it was like B on my controller.

I liked it too. It was definitely fresh, took all the best things from Black Flag/Freedom Cry and then some. It was a good installment.

WestLil0
03-22-2015, 07:19 PM
I too think Ubisoft did a very good job with Rogue, except it was TOO SHORT and even though it felt like a stripped down version of Black Flag. A few unique little twists still make it worthwhile. In addition to the ship upgrades and battles, looting warehouses and conquering forts/gang HQs are a different experience. It offers a few things reminiscent of previous AC versions. For example, lightning assassin strikes like in Revelations, the usual search for items to unlock a native and Templar outfit, renovating buildings to get income like in AC II, Brotherhood and Unity, etc. My least favorite activity were the assassin interventions, it was the same thing over and over and way too frantic. Unlocking the computers at the Abstergo office was much easier. I did miss the underwater exploration with the beautiful color offered by Black Flag. It's a good game although IMO it certainly does not take the place of AC II or Black Flag. I didn’t think I could side with the Templars but the reason for doing so was valid. I do have to say that the main plot, again IMO, is weak, and just not captivating. There was not a great buildup to the ending. There are times when the camera movements are very “wonky” such as in the bar fights to unlock taverns and in defending the ship. Using the pucklegun is awkward. The scenery is not as pretty as in Black Flag, but the icebergs are a new twist. I enjoy replaying great AC games, and have played AC II, Brotherhood and Black Flag numerous times. Will I replay Rogue? Maybe after a year or so. I'm still loyal to the AC franchise though, and I hope we get another epic one like AC II, Brotherhood and Black Flag and yes, even Revelations, which offered a great plot

wichking
03-23-2015, 11:23 AM
I myself found it good aswell but combat was just way to boring with this easy Ai. Story and the landscapes were beatifull however. and if you wanna skip the credits press and hold Space
What i mostly enjoyed were the statues on the islands. The parkour which was offered made it remind after the tombs in Ac 2 /brotherhood. MOre of that in opne worlds plx

Krust23
03-24-2015, 01:20 AM
I myself found it good aswell but combat was just way to boring with this easy Ai. Story and the landscapes were beatifull however. and if you wanna skip the credits press and hold Space
What i mostly enjoyed were the statues on the islands. The parkour which was offered made it remind after the tombs in Ac 2 /brotherhood. MOre of that in opne worlds plx

Alright thanks guys :) And yeah, this was a good game with positive and both some negative stuff, i had a blast anyway playing this game

tunnelcat
03-25-2015, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I'm liking this game so far too and the water graphics are better looking than in ACBF. I miss the rogue waves and water spouts, but blowing up icebergs to get at any flotsam and to make waves and ice falls is way cool. The Morrigan doesn't look as nice as the Jackdaw in my opinion however. The ice ram is way out of proportion to the ship. It makes it look like the bow will sink from all that weight. The arctic is a nice change of locale from the usual tropical settings in most of the recent video games, but does anyone feel cold while playing in this area of the game? All that ice and snow kind of bleeds into the real world. Brrrrrrrr! And did everyone notice all the nice little sound touches, like the animals now cry out when you kill them? The beaver sure makes a plaintive cry. Almost makes me not want to kill one.

ACZanius
03-25-2015, 02:08 AM
I liked it a lot too, still playing btw, for 2nd time, game is solid, fantastic optimization, truly a nice celebration of American Saga, the only thing that i was dissapointed was lack of challenge when you face Master Assassins, idk why nobody brings this up since it makes sense, they should have give more respect to Assassin characters true to their combat, no not some un-defeatable warriors but atleast different approach rather copy exact same animations for Assassins from Captains/Jagers like you are not trained in ways like normal soldiers but more deadly advanced ancient assassin ways , they should have make extra animations and abilities in combat for Assassins, extra moves also i did not believe how easy Adewale got down, i played Freedom Cry he was a freaking beast, a true warrior like he should have put more of a fight, the combat abilities he got where are they when he faces Shay or Kesegowase, he was a mercenary before he joined Assassins and trained by Assassins and how do they manage to make his fight? He can shoot trough walls, magically shoot many times in a row without reloading and when Shay hides he has PSYCH abilities and knows immediately where Shay is despite not even seeing where he went at all. I know it might sound weird but when you think about it it makes sense what i said. Bottom line, Assassins should have had more skills in OPEN CONFLICT, they did good with air kills and everything else, hiding etc but not enough respect in their open combat skills. For those who played Freedom Cry they know Adewale is super deadly.

Leo_2301
03-25-2015, 12:07 PM
But there is nothing new in the naval combat... the charge attack is from ACIV, burning oil is similar to oil barrels from ACIV, 4 swivel guns from ACIII, multi-firing swivel guns from AC4 and free-aiming with swivel guns is from AC:P, but breaking icebergs is a nice addition. It is also nice to sail in a sloop, rather than brigs, though it makes no difference. I just feel that Rogue took several gameplay elements from previous AC games and mixed everything together, resulting in a great game to bid farewell to the 'Kenway /American Saga'.

ACZanius
03-25-2015, 06:11 PM
True but if it ain't broken don't fix it.

strigoi1958
03-25-2015, 07:34 PM
All Ubi games like this are a mix of Farcry, AC, watch dogs, splinter cell and Tomb raider.... xp systems, crafting, weapons upgrading, unlocking the map through climbing high points etc.. Rogue even had the black smoke for hostile camps like FC3... but then, that's why I buy them all, that is the formula that works for me :D keep them coming.... loving Rogue

Krust23
03-26-2015, 04:54 AM
Yeah, but the best thing seriously was driving my boat and then a bounty hunter boat comes ramming into me and then their crew jumps on my ship and tries to take it over and we have to fight about it, i loved it!

Cant remember if this was as well in Black Flag but anyway, i love when that happens, so in future Assassin games please make the AI more offensive like this, it is pretty cool :)

strigoi1958
03-26-2015, 01:40 PM
the game is great..... I never finished it because the titles... go on for 3 weeks :D but I got up to the "ring or gun" and after exiting it goes back to the animation before the titles so I cannot get back to the animus unless I watch them.... (it's not going to happen)

Same with AC3 I only replay up to the titles. I wouldn't mind if they were interactive or interesting but it's just a never ending scroll of names that are too fast to read and too slow to wait to play again.

Mezuchan
03-27-2015, 01:53 AM
I just finished Rogue as well and loved it. The North Atlantic was beautiful with all the ice(bergs). Little detail I loved what that Shay couldn't be in the freezing water for that long, I found that a really nice addition and the shipwrecks were amazing as well. The sounds of the ice and wood creaking as you explored the wreck gave me chills. It felt 'real'. Also the penguins ❤ They really made me smile. Of course the environment with the sun rise/set and the aurora Borealis is simply stunning.

Another thing that's great in Rogue is the music. Real kudos to the composer. As a mix between my two favourites OST's (AC II and BF) it was a pleasure to me ears. I couldn't press the start button without finishing listening to the intro music XD

I enjoyed the native statues as well because, like wichking said, It also reminded me of the tombs in II. Of course there were a few little kinks. The parkour felt wonky at times and dead bodies often flew up in the skies only to land again but nothing major.

Oh Yes! The reverse boarding. That was a nice and fresh addition. It wasn't in Black Flag but whenever they have a naval element in future instalments they can put that right in.

The only thing I didn't like was that the modern day part was still in first person. Playing in first person makes me feel ill so it's hard for me to play but I like the modern day part as well.

One thing I gotta ask though... Did any of you PC players managed to get the Headless horseman easter egg to appear? I've gone to Sleepy Hollow several times and he never appeared. I've actually never managed to get easter eggs appear in any of the AC games.

jeffies04
03-27-2015, 10:37 AM
One thing I gotta ask though... Did any of you PC players managed to get the Headless horseman easter egg to appear? I've gone to Sleepy Hollow several times and he never appeared. I've actually never managed to get easter eggs appear in any of the AC games.

Yes. You need to go to Sleepy Hollow and head over to riverbank by the church and cemetery and just look at it. Let your controls go and let the sun go down. After not moving the controls and the sun going down the headless horseman will spawn. (It might just be triggered by the sun going down, but that's what I was doing the first time and it's worked multiple times since) It freaked me the hell out the first time. I was just standing there looking at the church and I'd set my controller down to look at something on my phone and all of a sudden I heard "BLEEP" that someone was after me and it was him! I nearly pooped.

Can you figure out how to kill him?

Shoot the pumpkin on the headstone in the cemetery.

Mezuchan
03-27-2015, 04:00 PM
I finally managed. It's weird though, I've stood on those banks looking at the church 10 time without anything happening... Oh well.

I already knew how to kill him though :P I accidentally came across it in a video about easter eggs.

jeffies04
03-28-2015, 03:25 AM
I already knew how to kill him though :P I accidentally came across it in a video about easter eggs.

Aw... it was great for me because I had NO idea he was in the game until he appeared. Totally spooked me out lol

tunnelcat
03-30-2015, 09:46 PM
Just got through the Lisbon sequence. I thought that whole thing was pretty scary and cool since I've been in a few earthquakes. Run for your life!

Defalt221
04-01-2015, 06:12 PM
There's a button to skip the credits. I think it was like B on my controller.

I liked it too. It was definitely fresh, took all the best things from Black Flag/Freedom Cry and then some. It was a good installment.

It could have been better if the end credits scene was also PLAYABLE like in AC2.

jeffies04
04-07-2015, 06:09 AM
It could have been better if the end credits scene was also PLAYABLE like in AC2.

Would have been cool if you got to make "the choice" for yourself.

If you made the "wrong" choice it could just be single gunshot then cut to black!

Senningiri_GR
04-08-2015, 08:16 AM
A fantastic game