PDA

View Full Version : Just hate the abstergo challenges

JuanPabloForero
03-20-2015, 03:08 AM
Does anyone else just hates the abstergo challenges in assassins creed Black Flag and Rouge? I donīt understand why they get you out of the game for that stupid challenges. At least in Unity is not frequent and you donīt have to walk in abstergo buildings. For me that ruins my experience with the game. I hate it in Black Flag, but the game is so good, I just passed that quickly, but to see that again in Rouge, NOOOO, PLEASE!!!!! Please, Ubisoft, take out that part of new games, itīs terrible!!!

tunnelcat
03-20-2015, 03:45 AM
Actually, I hate the Abstergo portions in all the AC games. I'd prefer they just drop them altogether. Living the life of the Assassin character is what it's all about.

Frag_Maniac
03-20-2015, 03:55 AM
The only ones I hated in Black Flag were the ones that require you to do Social Events. I expected it to be a mostly SP experience, and for some time after launch they didn't even have Social Events working properly anyway.

So far none of the ones in Rogue have been too difficult, except for a couple PC terminal cores that were tough to crack, if there even IS a challenge related to them. I've not progressed far enough to start purposely trying unfinished challenges though.

That said, I much prefer these types of challenges to achievements that are merely a matter of collecting certain items. At least you feel some sense of accomplishment with these.

jeffies04
03-20-2015, 06:22 AM
Granted you don't HAVE to do them... Curiosity did get the better of me in the Abstergo building in both games, I wanted to see what sort of side/present day things were on all the computers. So I hacked them. You get the knack for the puzzles after a couple and before long you're breezing through even the hardest ones. It's like your brain just "gets it" all of a sudden.

As far as the actual "Abstergo Challenges" that require you to, say, do so many headshots, etc. I don't really pay attention to those.

strigoi1958
03-20-2015, 07:14 AM
I have said a few times that the modern day section breaks my immersion.... One minute you're in a storm trying to aim your cannons at a man o' war with the sea swirling on the deck... pirate hunters catching up from behind with a whale to your left and a treasure location to your right... and suddenly you're in an office playing on a pc...

TBH I have often walked around looking for something hidden by the devs in the offices... maybe in a book title or on a stick it note.... or on a screen.. (there's a thread somewhere that showed glimpses of Victory and Unity were in ACBF)

but the modern day section is just an interruption... I know a lot of people are very keen on Desmond but I think... if I wanted a modern day game, there are better ones already available, like Watch Dogs, FarCry and Tomb Raider

jeffies04
03-20-2015, 10:58 AM
My love for the modern day died with Lucy Stillman. However, I recognize the game needs something to anchor it to reality since that's how they began the story.

db87
03-21-2015, 02:10 AM
The should put a option in the menu that skips all the Abstergo crap.

jeffies04
03-21-2015, 03:25 AM
The should put a option in the menu that skips all the Abstergo crap.

They could call it "permanent bleeding effect -- never leave the animus, EVER"

Frag_Maniac
03-21-2015, 11:16 PM
They could have a virtual break in game where Shay takes a pee break, grabs something to eat, etc. Then when you finally quit your session you find out you've peed your pants! LOL

RVSage
03-26-2015, 01:01 AM
Personally, I am fine with them.. Because post AC III that is pretty much the only modern day we got... Not the best way... but we could get a character who was playable like desmond, with some modern missions

Speedy_PC
03-26-2015, 04:06 AM
They could have a virtual break in game where Shay takes a pee break, grabs something to eat, etc. Then when you finally quit your session you find out you've peed your pants! LOL

OR! you might want to relocate your toilet and you won't have a problem about peeing in your pants.

https://d2gg9evh47fn9z.cloudfront.net/thumb_COLOURBOX5298920.jpg

saschia_009
03-26-2015, 02:39 PM
Abstergo chalenges I don't pay attention to. OK, when I am in for the 100% finish then I do, but noone forces me to, if I don;t like them.

On the other hand, Abstergo offices I like. I like getting the background info from hacked computers. And strigoi - you know, in real life, I often find myself aiming at a man-of-war, trying to survive the attack of several ships in rough waters, and the next moment my alarm rings and I have to get up and hang up washed clothes before they wrinkle, so, why not? And it does hold the past together.

Mezuchan
03-27-2015, 01:14 AM
When you said Abstergo challenges I thought you meant the actual challenges not the modern day story so I voted wrong.

I like the modern day part. It gives info about the lore. However I'm not to fond with how they're presenting it right now. I hate first person cuz it makes my heard hurt and I can't play it longer then 10 minutes before I throw up and the character has no face. I know it's supposed to be 'you' but if I wanted to be 'me' I would play games. I have no problem with it interrupting the 'story' as modern day is also story and you know you're a person in an Animus reliving genetic memories. But that's just how I feel.