PDA

View Full Version : Cool picture is it a TA152



XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:26 PM
Is this a TA 152?
http://airpower.callihan.cc/images/ww2axis/FW190/fw190.jpg


http://www.hardrockhotel.com/rock/memorabilia/elvis.jpg


Thankya Thankya very much
Van Elvis

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:26 PM
Is this a TA 152?
http://airpower.callihan.cc/images/ww2axis/FW190/fw190.jpg


http://www.hardrockhotel.com/rock/memorabilia/elvis.jpg


Thankya Thankya very much
Van Elvis

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:27 PM
It looks a litle long for a D9

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/rock/memorabilia/elvis.jpg


Thankya Thankya very much
Van Elvis

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:28 PM
Looks like a FW190 D9 if you ask me.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Yep D9, look at the tail.


<center> http://www.stormbirds.com/images/discussion-main.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:36 PM
not long enough for a Ta /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

D9

http://www.luftfahrtmuseum.com/drwg/s/fw190d.gif



Ta 152

take a look at the tail the D9 has an additional segement in its tail making it longer than a 109A, the Ta has two of them

http://www.luftfahrtmuseum.com/drwg/s/ta152.gif




JG53 PikAs Abbuzze
I./Gruppe

http://www.jg53-pikas.de/
http://mitglied.lycos.de/p123/Ani_pikasbanner_langsam.gif


Message Edited on 08/24/0312:37AM by Abbuzze

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:37 PM
i say d-9 tail is not as rounded as a 152

http://mudmovers.com/Sims/IL2/images/wallpaper/me262sharkt.jpg
U.S. infantry 84-91

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Looks more like Elvis Presley...

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.goblins.net/immagini/Logo/tdglogo_eng.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:56 PM
HEY Abbuzz how did you make those drawings

http://mudmovers.com/Sims/IL2/images/wallpaper/me262sharkt.jpg
U.S. infantry 84-91

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:00 AM
no it's mucking Elvis

<CENTER>


<IMG SRC="http://www.apqa16.dsl.pipex.com/sig5.jpg"


Then a powerful demon, a prowler through the dark,
nursed a hard grievance.

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:08 AM
It's a Dora from the USAF Museum in Dayton Ohio.

The best way to tell a Dora from a Ta152, if one can't see the wings, is by the position of the cockpit. Look at the profile posted above. The Dora's is farther forward with respect to the wings.



Message Edited on 08/23/0307:10PM by MiloMorai

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:24 AM
MiloMorai wrote:
- It's a Dora from the USAF Museum in Dayton Ohio.
-
- The best way to tell a Dora from a Ta152, if one
- can't see the wings, is by the position of the
- cockpit. Look at the profile posted above. The
- Dora's is farther forward with respect to the wings.
-

The Ta 152's wings are much longer IIRC?

<CENTER>


<IMG SRC="http://www.apqa16.dsl.pipex.com/sig5.jpg"


Then a powerful demon, a prowler through the dark,
nursed a hard grievance.

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:29 AM
Thanks Guys

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/rock/memorabilia/elvis.jpg


Thankya Thankya very much
Van Elvis

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:33 AM
Did you miss the part where I said if you could not see the wings?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif


Dunkelgrun wrote:
- MiloMorai wrote:
-- It's a Dora from the USAF Museum in Dayton Ohio.
--
-- The best way to tell a Dora from a Ta152, if one
-- can't see the wings, is by the position of the
-- cockpit. Look at the profile posted above. The
-- Dora's is farther forward with respect to the wings.
--
-
- The Ta 152's wings are much longer IIRC?
-
-

The H had 14.44m wings but the C had 11.0m wings compared to the D's of 10.506m. Hard to tell the difference between a D and the C by using only wingspan./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/crandall-stormclouds2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:41 AM
It's a Ta152 for sure, the dora had the vertical stabilizer smaller, but maybe(afterall, it may be posible) it's a dora wich has the tail section "prelevated" from a Ta....

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.hobby.ro/roarmy/aviatia/greceanu%20tudor/1.jpg
A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:47 AM
MiloMorai wrote:
- Did you miss the part where I said if you could not
- see the wings?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
-
- Dunkelgrun wrote:
-- MiloMorai wrote:
--- It's a Dora from the USAF Museum in Dayton Ohio.
---
--- The best way to tell a Dora from a Ta152, if one
--- can't see the wings, is by the position of the
--- cockpit. Look at the profile posted above. The
--- Dora's is farther forward with respect to the wings.
---
--
-- The Ta 152's wings are much longer IIRC?
--
--
-
- The H had 14.44m wings but the C had 11.0m wings
- compared to the D's of 10.506m. Hard to tell the
- difference between a D and the C by using only
- wingspan./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
<img
- src="http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/crandall-s
- tormclouds2.jpg">


C'mon Milo it was a question, I'm no expert. Give me some slack!
-



<CENTER>


<IMG SRC="http://www.apqa16.dsl.pipex.com/sig5.jpg"


Then a powerful demon, a prowler through the dark,
nursed a hard grievance.

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:48 AM
Von_Zero

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/annex/fw190.jpg


http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/air_power/ap.htm

http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/crandall-stormclouds2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:49 AM
It's the Fw 190D-9 displayed at the USAF Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. This plane was originally used by JG 26 and was surrendered to the RAF at Flensburg. When it made its way the the United States aboard HMS Reaper it was listed as USA-12 or USA-15. This may be the aircraft that flew six hours of test flights at Wright Field in 1946. The paint scheme is no original. But it's a pretty bird isn't it?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://www.nasm.si.edu/nasm/aero/aircraft/images/focke_wulf_fw-190d.JPG


http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/robban75/Dora-9-3.JPG


'When it comes to aircombat, I'd rather be lucky than good any day!'

Message Edited on 08/23/0311:51PM by robban75

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:50 AM
Dunkelgrun, did you miss the '/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif '? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/crandall-stormclouds2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:55 AM
MiloMorai wrote:
-
- Dunkelgrun, did you miss the '/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif '? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
<img
- src="http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/crandall-s
- tormclouds2.jpg">
-


Probably!!!!!
No bother.



<CENTER>


<IMG SRC="http://www.apqa16.dsl.pipex.com/sig5.jpg"


Then a powerful demon, a prowler through the dark,
nursed a hard grievance.

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the link Milo, I've found this beauty there:
http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/arm/x4s.jpg <?center>
The Ruhrstahl X-4 missile.

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.hobby.ro/roarmy/aviatia/greceanu%20tudor/1.jpg
A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 11:18 AM
I'm gonna say it's a Dora.

It does not have an enlarged vertical stabilizer.
The air intake is on the starboard side.
The cockpit is further forward.

Can anyone make out the Werknummer?

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 12:00 PM
As stated above it's Werknummer 601088.

http://www.geocities.com/kimurakai/SIG/sig2.jpg


"Kimura, tu as une tĂÂȘte carrĂ©e comme un sale boche!"

EJGr.Ost Kimura


http://www.jagdgruppe-ost.de/image/ejgrost.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 02:01 PM
i think its a D-9 with a smaller air intake

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 05:04 PM
Its a D9,and its featured in"Walk-around FW190D" Squadron-Signal publications,No.10.It says the paint scheme represents an aircraft flown by the tech. officer for III\JG 3 "UDET".

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Proof once again that people don't read the other posts.


btw..It's a Dora../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg