PDA

View Full Version : Which one is your favourite incarnation of Ezio?

GunnerGalactico
03-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Not sure if there was a thread about this before. After seeing Mario's thread, I decided to create one. The title is pretty obvious.

Which game best summed up Ezio as a good, all round character to you? You could also say which game/s in the trilogy are your favourite.

* Please note that this is not a bait thread or an invitation to start flame wars.

AC2

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140118214532/assassinscreed/images/f/f8/Ezio_AC2.png

ACB

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130406214455/assassinscreed/images/thumb/c/c1/ACB_Ezio_render.png/204px-ACB_Ezio_render.png

ACR

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110611173131/assassinscreed/it/images/3/30/ACR_Ezio.png

Farlander1991
03-17-2015, 11:08 AM
ACR.

I have a soft spot for ACR. Like, a lot of people say that its story is pointless, and from the perspective of Modern Day it is, nothing really happens. There's also quite a few ridiculous moments, like the parachute chase.

But still. Not only it's the first game (and pretty much only one that does it really well) in the series that makes the modern day and the past connect from character perspective and make that connection matter for their development (Altair, Ezio and Desmond all have a choice to make regarding their fate and Assassin heritage, and they each influence each other and take different decisions), it's also the game where I think Ezio's most human.

Because it's a game where he's tired, he never wanted any of that Assassin ****, he wants to lead a simple life, but he has responsibilities, but he becomes careless (not investigating target properly, endangering a whole city), it's a game where Ezio has, OMG, flaws! And where he decides, 'you know what, maybe I'm not cut out for this'. And that's more interesting from a character perspective than AC2/ACB Ezio, where he's pretty much the epitomy of awesome.

Defalt221
03-17-2015, 11:23 AM
NEED.MORE.VOTES. Call everyone to this thread....

Sorrosyss
03-17-2015, 11:58 AM
ACR. I loved the grey outfit, really felt like it reflected on the character as he was fading from the world, from his glory days in the Masyaf White. He had matured, felt much warmer and wiser, and was genuinely far more likeable than his previous incarnations. Though I suppose this is to be expected, everyone is pretty reckless in their youth.

Shahkulu101
03-17-2015, 02:07 PM
ACR Ezio, because he actually feels like a human and not Renaissance Batman.

JustPlainQuirky
03-17-2015, 04:24 PM
AC2 Ezio

Yeah i said it

why?

Because beards are gross

Sushiglutton
03-17-2015, 05:09 PM
Charming AC2 Ezio of course! He was a funny guy to hang around! And I thank him for his invention every morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLK70J-ZTrU

dxsxhxcx
03-17-2015, 05:13 PM
AC2 Ezio simply because I couldn't stand him after ACB (even thinking ACR did a much better job with his character than ACB, the problem is that he was beyond repair for me at that point);

Shahkulu101
03-17-2015, 05:34 PM
AC2 Ezio simply because I couldn't stand him after ACB (even thinking ACR did a much better job with his character than ACB, the problem is that he was beyond repair for me at that point);

Hmmm, interesting. Can you explain a bit more?

RADAR__4077
03-17-2015, 06:14 PM
You forgot reincarnated ACU Ezio lol

ACR for me. The game as a whole was little more than boring filler for the series, but I like Ezio at this point. The whole pretty boy skirt chasing assassin thing never sat well with me.

In ACR we see a more weary old assassin who is still able to kick some ***. I like the connection with Altair, and the fact that he ditched the frilly rich kid robes lol

GunnerGalactico
03-17-2015, 06:20 PM
I'm gonna have to go with ACR as well. For me, you can clearly see his maturity as a character and he reacted more realistically to certain situations. It was also nice to see him act a bit senile for a change, due to his age.

it's also the game where I think Ezio's most human.

Very nicely put. It is also one of my biggest as to why I feel that ACR is his best incarnation.

Assassin_M
03-17-2015, 06:27 PM
1- ACR Ezio
2- ACB Ezio
3- SoulCalibur Ezio
4- AC II Ezio

GunnerGalactico
03-17-2015, 06:30 PM
1- ACR Ezio
2- ACB Ezio
3- SoulCalibur Ezio
4- AC II Ezio

Ehh, I knew I forgot one. :p

Kaschra
03-17-2015, 06:50 PM
ACR Ezio for sure
He is simply much more human compared AC2 and escpecially ACB.
Farlander explained it all really well, I can only agree with him.

EaglePrince25
03-17-2015, 06:53 PM
ACR, its literally Ezio at the culmination of his entire life. Older, wiser, and scarred by everything he's been through. Similar to Altair I can't help but feel sorry for him, while still holding immense respect for him as well.

SixKeys
03-17-2015, 07:34 PM
ACB. ACR Ezio felt hypocritical and out-of-character at times and AC2 Ezio doesn't do much growing. ACB Ezio is a flawed person, but also does a little bit of emotional growing within the game's short campaign. I would add the caveat that ACB Ezio only comes across as wise and experienced because all the supporting characters got dumbed down to make him look awesome.

ze_topazio
03-17-2015, 07:44 PM
AC2 Ezio, in a time when most main characters were grumpy space marines or emo kids full of feelings in Japanese games, the youthful Ezio with his laid back and positive attitude despite the circumstances was kind of a breath of fresh air.

I have some problems with ACB Ezio, his personality changed too abruptly in to super serious, it didn't help that Roger Craig Smith change in voice tone made him sound like a heavy chain smoker for some reason.

I like ACR Ezio, he's a experienced old man, calmer and more pondered, smoother, it felt like a natural evolution of his AC2 self.

But yeah, young Ezio is best Ezio.

Hans684
03-17-2015, 08:39 PM
Acr & ace.

phoenix-force411
03-17-2015, 08:59 PM
ACR. ACB only showed character growth when you were to assassinate Micheletto Corella. What really bothers me is that Ezio can steel himself when it came to his anger towards his enemies(excluding his moment of weakness at the Vatican), but yet he loses it when Duccio calls his sister a "tart" indirectly and proceeds to punching Duccio.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-17-2015, 09:22 PM
ACR for sure.

He was definitely more mature and more likable than he was in his last two games.

ACB is a close second.

SixKeys
03-17-2015, 09:55 PM
ACR. ACB only showed character growth when you were to assassinate Micheletto Corella. What really bothers me is that Ezio can steel himself when it came to his anger towards his enemies(excluding his moment of weakness at the Vatican), but yet he loses it when Duccio calls his sister a "tart" indirectly and proceeds to punching Duccio.

I think that makes sense. Ezio cares deeply about family and he and Duccio have a history. His targets are basically just a job with no personal feelings involved.

Fatal-Feit
03-18-2015, 03:42 AM
ACR Ezio because:

1. Best character design. I mean, okay, he's pretty old, but the beard is sexy and his robe is sick.

2. Actual character flaws and development, courtesy of Darby McDevitt. He's no longer a rhetorical character (well, to some degree), he's actually humanized. These elements make for a compelling character, IMO.

3. Has better gameplay. Old Ezio has tonnes of new tools and stuff. Hook-blade, new counters, bombs, etc, etc.

SixKeys
03-18-2015, 11:57 AM
What flaws did ACR Ezio have? Besides being a hypocrite (killing innocents while scolding his students for doing the same thing etc.), which was never addressed in the story.

pacmanate
03-18-2015, 05:07 PM
ACB Ezio for sure, he was wise and was a leader. AC2 Ezio was too flamboyant and ACR Ezio was just a wreckless old man

VestigialLlama4
03-18-2015, 06:40 PM
I think AC2 Ezio was the best. Originally Ezio was a one-game-one-character creation. He had a specific arc - young spoiled kid who goes from being a normal kid to a member of a cloak-and-dagger secret society, he solves his personal quest for revenge but gradually seeks a higher purpose and transcends that. That was his story and AC2 told a coherent and complete story. Ideally they should have finished AC2 and skipped straight to AC3, because in terms of character development Brotherhood and Revelations essentially repeated the main points that Ezio learned in AC2. In AC2, Ezio develops, changes and matures as a character (especially in the GOTY edition with the Bonfires DLC) and we pass 20 years in his life. That sense of novelistic coming-of-age was done brilliantly there.

Between the three games, Brotherhood adds the least to Ezio's character, which obviously lends well to the very systemic and side-quest heavy gameplay in that title. He's essentially Renaissance Daniel Ocean with Machiavelli, Volpe, Claudia, Caterina, Leonardo, Bartolomeo as part of his crew giving them tasks and stuff to handle on, which obviously lends well to the purpose of Brotherhood as a Story-DLC artificially fertilized into a console release. The main bits of characterization are the Cristina Memories, which are set in the AC2 timeline (and to be honest I dislike it pretty bad, its like seeing deleted scenes restored in a later print and seeing first hand that people have good reasons for deleting scenes). Revelations is kind of nice but it doesn't do anything really interesting with the character, and the main revelation is Ezio finds out that he's intended to send a message to some unknown person called Desmond and he can't possibly understand the full meaning of his purpose...that is pretty much the same thing he discovers from Minerva at the end of AC2.

I mean Altair actually has more character development than Ezio does. He's totally different at the end of AC1 than he was at the start. He changes in Bloodlines and the AC2 flashback, the Codex entries shows him become this intellectual and philosopher (something that doesn't come across in AC1, there he's this thug who says he doesn't have a head for politics), and in Revelations, (Poor VA and flaws aside), he's come a very long way from the kid he was. Anytime we see Altair he's in a new and different phase of his life.

king-hailz
03-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Although AC2 is my favorite game, Ezio in ACR was just fantastic! His connection with altar and Desmond and to see him and just him was Great!

lothario-da-be
03-19-2015, 09:52 PM
ACR Ezio, he was wise, funny and charismatic and a more believable character than his young version. But maybe I also love this one the most because we had spend so much time with him when acr came out.

M3gaToxic
03-20-2015, 03:52 AM
What the what! No one like Ezio ACB?

pirate1802
03-20-2015, 07:45 AM
What flaws did ACR Ezio have? Besides being a hypocrite (killing innocents while scolding his students for doing the same thing etc.), which was never addressed in the story.

Dis.

old man

EaglePrince25
03-20-2015, 04:20 PM

LOL I don't have a problem with him.

SixKeys
03-20-2015, 05:31 PM

*raises hand*

M3gaToxic
03-20-2015, 06:53 PM
*raises hand*
Okay you are now off my hit list.

The_Kiwi_
03-21-2015, 06:45 AM
ACB = worst game ever
ACB Ezio = worst character ever

If you disagree, you are wrong.

Sabutto
03-21-2015, 07:02 AM
Brotherhood easily for me. Loved his robes.

pirate1802
03-21-2015, 07:14 AM
Hated his robes.

Xstantin
03-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Hated his robes.

Sucks that it became his "definitive" look for marketing/legacy outfits imo

Assassin_M
03-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Pretty happy that ACR Ezio is winning by a landslide. There's hope for this place after all.

pirate1802
03-21-2015, 07:04 PM

What can I say... kids love flashy toys.

The_Kiwi_
03-21-2015, 10:13 PM

Oh I totally agree, I hate that so much
I'd rather have no Ezio legacy outfit than having to deal with just his ACB robes, because I'd never use them and them being there instead of other ones annoys me

Altair1789
03-22-2015, 03:36 AM
Kinda off topic: I think Alta´r's Armor, Ezio's ACR outfit, and Haytham's oufit should be legacy outfits

GunnerGalactico
03-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Pretty happy that ACR Ezio is winning by a landslide. There's hope for this place after all.

*Looks at poll results on thread.*

You have know idea how much this pleases me.:cool:

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/jeremiah_johnson_nodding.gif

rrebe
03-22-2015, 05:20 PM
ACR. He felt more human in that one than the other two combined.

D.I.D.
03-23-2015, 12:25 AM
ACB. I'd like to be able to say ACR because I'd like to see more variety in characters' ages, but ACR Ezio was daft as a brush.

Markaccus
03-23-2015, 06:45 PM
ACR Ezio, because he actually feels like a human and not Renaissance Batman.

I voted ACB, simply because i prefer darker characters, and "renaissance batman" was a great incarnation of Ezio imo. :-D

Shahkulu101
03-23-2015, 06:51 PM
I voted ACB, simply because i prefer darker characters, and "renaissance batman" was a great incarnation of Ezio imo. :-D

Nothing wrong with that, I did enjoy that Ezio too.

Although I'd argue that ACR is the darkest 'incarnation'. The Ezio in 2 and BH is literally flawless, always the strongest, smartest person in the room who kicked *** and fought evil. In ACR he's tired and weary, and becomes reckless as seen in the incidents at the Arsenal and Cappadocia. Those were actions that were necessary (although the incident at Cappadocia is disputable in that regard) but costly - which I found gave his character a darker tone.

Markaccus
03-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Nothing wrong with that, I did enjoy that Ezio too.

Although I'd argue that ACR is the darkest 'incarnation'. The Ezio in 2 and BH is literally flawless, always the strongest, smartest person in the room who kicked *** and fought evil. In ACR he's tired and weary, and becomes reckless as seen in the incidents at the Arsenal and Cappadocia. Those were actions that were necessary (although the incident at Cappadocia is disputable in that regard) but costly - which I found gave his character a darker tone.

Yeah he did still have a dark side left over in acr, but the new lady in his life kind of chirped him up.

In ACB he was angry at the world,his life so far, and further embittered over losing his first love. He spent that whole game taking it out on anyone who gave him the slightest excuse.

In ac2 he was just a play-boy :-p

the_don7684
03-23-2015, 07:36 PM
ACR Ezio... The wiser and wylie vet. " Old tigers, sensing the end, are at their most fierce.." - Allan Quartermane (sp)