PDA

View Full Version : AC: Unity performance review

iiNN3X
03-16-2015, 11:24 AM
First I want to say this isn't another Ubisoft bash thread, but instead I want to post my experience with the performance of this game after reading so many bad reviews and complaints.

Okay so I got Unity pretty cheap (about 60% off or so) a few days ago and thought after reading so many negative reviews, I was expecting the worst.

My system specs are as follows:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition
CPU: Intel 4820K 3.70GHz overclocked to 4.6GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100i
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Dual Classified which has also been overclocked but not much.
Storage: 2x Samsung 840 500GB SSDs in RAID 0

I run the game on 1920x1080p @144hz on a BenQ Monitor. All settings on max with Vsync OFF.

So my first impressions of the game after the initial hour or so of game play were actually a lot better than I was expecting. The FPS wasn't too bad, I managed to average 40 ish, but the thing was it wasn't constant so sometimes it would go 60-70 and sometimes like 38-45. But usually it sat between 40-50 which was fine for me and didn't feel choppy. I did notice in some cut-scenes that some textures were very blurry, like as if they are on some sort of Super Low setting. But as soon as the game resumed from the cut-scene the textures went back to high definition. Not too sure what that is about but other than that, the graphics were quite nice, game play was very smooth (movement, fighting ect..) and I have had 0 crashes.

I am a little confused as to how the game works still as at first I was asked to choose between what seemed like 10 or so "Scenarios" ? So not sure if the game has 10 mini campaigns or are those going to be what the Rifts are ? I've only had 3-4 hours of game time so I am not that far in yet so apologies if I sound like a noob. Anyway the story so far is pretty good as expected from the AC series, and the voice acting is top notch. I like the multiplayer co op/campaign integration and some of the new activities added on the map that weren't present in previous AC series.

That's all I have to say for now, I will update this thread as I progress through the game or if anything changes but I am rather glad it turned out to be okay and rather stable. Maybe I have missed out on a lot of patches and it was a lot worse before ? I don't know.

Thank you for reading and any questions are welcome.