PDA

View Full Version : Rouge on PC: Give us back SMAA and LOD

BatJoe1
03-15-2015, 02:29 PM
Why has Rouge on PC been gimped when it is essentially the same engine as Black Flag? No option for SMAA which is better than the blurry FXAA. And what is going on with the LOD pop in in Rouge? It wasn't nearly as bad in Black Flag!

Anykeyer
03-16-2015, 09:07 AM
It looks like past gen fork of BF engine. PC has higher res textures but other than that it lacks most features BF had on current gen and PC, there's no volumetric fog, foliage doesnt react to movement in it and so on.

IC11O1
03-16-2015, 09:47 AM
+1

wkftherockubi
03-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Yeah as I said in another post, they really need to add a LOD/draw distance slider because the max setting here is terrible. absolutly terrible. And the lack of decent AA like TXAA for me is terrible.

iiNN3X
03-16-2015, 04:21 PM
+1

Cygnifick
03-16-2015, 07:24 PM
It looks like past gen fork of BF engine. PC has higher res textures but other than that it lacks most features BF had on current gen and PC, there's no volumetric fog, foliage doesnt react to movement in it and so on.

Be glad there is no volumetric fog, who needs a 25fps drop from a badly implemented feature. And I can't believe they downgraded the game so much from the Black Flag engine.

Anykeyer
03-17-2015, 09:52 AM
I didnt mean physx fog. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toQ4uK7V4Kk Rogue lacks almost every feature from that video

jeffies04
03-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Why has Rouge on PC been gimped when it is essentially the same engine as Black Flag? No option for SMAA which is better than the blurry FXAA. And what is going on with the LOD pop in in Rouge? It wasn't nearly as bad in Black Flag!

Rogue. Rouge is a color/ the makeup women wear on their cheeks:)

Easy mistake.

But yes I concur with everyone above. Looks like they designed it in the old gen version of the engine, and ported it from such. They did the same thing with Liberation, but added higher res textures and what not. It's noticeable but I just finished it and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I didn't think the scenery was bad at all. I give it a double-blade rating!

Afterthought: It would have been nice had they improved on the draw distance, as that was probably the most notable thing. BUT, after finishing the game, I'm giving it a pass. It didn't lower my experience at all.

Cygnifick
03-17-2015, 08:14 PM
I didnt mean physx fog. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toQ4uK7V4Kk Rogue lacks almost every feature from that video

Ahh ok :) No reason to buy this and support that kind of business. I can understand they didn't use Unity's engine but not making use of Black Flag's engine is sad to say it nicely.
What is going on with Ubisoft lately? Game after game is not what it could have been, full of bugs or not what was promised. It's a shame..

tunnelcat
03-18-2015, 01:24 AM
You know what? You'd think after all us PC gamer's constant griping, they'd at least fixed that resolution issue that creates those black bars at a the top and bottom when playing in something other than 1920X1080 or whatever your native resolution is. I've got a 1920X1200 monitor and I still get those stupid black bars even though the resolution is set to my monitor's native resolution in the game. :mad:

strigoi1958
03-18-2015, 07:40 AM
I think because the most common and popular aspect ratio is 16: 9 they aim at that market and the 4: 3 displays get left out... but saying that , I have seen some strange resolution sizes in games lately...

jeffies04
03-18-2015, 10:37 AM
I have a 16:10 monitor and don't really mind the letterbox. I really don't even think about it. Back in the Brotherhood days I was able to use the NVIDIA control panel to "zoom" in on the game, but it clipped both right and left sides off... I haven't tried since though.