PDA

View Full Version : Idea for AC remaster

dimbismp
03-14-2015, 02:07 PM
So,it is known that most fans want the last gen games for the current gen consoles.I have an idea about how this can implemented for the narrative and how it may also become something more.

So,this is how i would like to be:A young MD assassin(male or female,it doesn't matter) uses the Animus to relive Desmond's life through his blood vial.In other words,the MD assassin(who shall be a real character,not 'you') relives the life of Desmond,who is reliving the life of Altair,Ezio and Connor(Animus-inception ;) ).That way we may also see moments of Desmond life,like his escape or his life as a bartender etc.Obviously,there is no reason for the Brotherhood to relive Desmond's life,except from the MD assassin's curiosity.This MD protagonist may turn out to be the next proper protagonist after Desmond and be used for the rest of the franchise.

All in all,this game would consist of:
Proper MD--->Unknown/unseen parts of Desmond's life+MD from AC1-AC3--->Just a remastered version of the ancient story of AC1-AC3.If i was the administrator of the franchise i would release this game in 2017,as the proper AC sequel,and i would use this protagonist for 2-3 more,until the end of the series,which would be around the end of this console generation.

Theonly disadvantage i see with this idea is that there is no cannonical reason to add ACRo in this.So,do you like my idea?

Matknapers18
03-14-2015, 04:20 PM
I like the idea, the concept of playing through the unseen segments of Desmond's life is sweet. But this isn't a remaster. 'Remastered' implies that a game has been graphically updated to function on current-gen platforms. Maybe a few additions and changes to the gameplay, but ultimately its the same game, just prettier.

So essentially, your idea is not a remaster, but a whole new game in my opinion. Ubi would have to design concept art, new mechanics, a new character, new animations for that character, months and months of dialogue for that character, as well as creating new dialogue and animations for Desmond and altering the narrative in the previous AC games to link with the new MD story. They would also have to programme all these new Desmond levels, like his life as a bartender (which sound awesome btw) which would require a team to build new environments.

So its an awesome idea. But not a remaster, just a new instalment.

Also:

Obviously,there is no reason for the Brotherhood to relive Desmond's life,except from the MD assassin's curiosity.

Surely the whole point of adding a new protagonist is to implement a purpose to MD? Thats the whole reason why everyone is upset with our current MD content no? Because we have no purpose, no reason to be doing what we are doing. If we have no motive or objective in MD, the player doesn't care for the protagonist or what they are doing. That is why everyone hated the ACU ending.

dimbismp
03-14-2015, 04:52 PM
I like the idea, the concept of playing through the unseen segments of Desmond's life is sweet. But this isn't a remaster. 'Remastered' implies that a game has been graphically updated to function on current-gen platforms. Maybe a few additions and changes to the gameplay, but ultimately its the same game, just prettier.

So essentially, your idea is not a remaster, but a whole new game in my opinion. Ubi would have to design concept art, new mechanics, a new character, new animations for that character, months and months of dialogue for that character, as well as creating new dialogue and animations for Desmond and altering the narrative in the previous AC games to link with the new MD story. They would also have to programme all these new Desmond levels, like his life as a bartender (which sound awesome btw) which would require a team to build new environments.

So its an awesome idea. But not a remaster, just a new instalment.
You are both right and wrong here.Obviously they need to create new animations and story for the new MD protagonist+the new Desmond parts,but everything else,meaning Desmond's story during Ac1-Ac3 and Altair's,Ezio's and Connor's life, should be exactly the same(just with better graphics)

Also:

Surely the whole point of adding a new protagonist is to implement a purpose to MD? Thats the whole reason why everyone is upset with our current MD content no? Because we have no purpose, no reason to be doing what we are doing. If we have no motive or objective in MD, the player doesn't care for the protagonist or what they are doing. That is why everyone hated the ACU ending.Well the aaC remaster game would be just a prologue for the new MD protagonist.But,apart from that,meaningful things should happen.

Altair1789
03-14-2015, 09:02 PM
In a perfect world, the modern day protagonist in one of the games would have the ability to use the animus whenever and relive the remastered lives of the protagonists of all past gen ACs (AC1-AC3). It could be used as a story element, but that won't happen

For example, let's just say this happens in ACV and our MD protagonist is named Bob. Bob's reliving Samuel Fey's life and then exits the animus.When he goes back to the animus, he can choose between Alta´r, Ezio trilogy, Connor, or Sam again