PDA

View Full Version : Forum Spamming

Misterscruff63
03-14-2015, 11:11 AM
Why does this forum get spammed so bad, everytime you log in on a new day the forum is spammed in every department. Why is there not something implemented to stop this what are forum moderater's doing about this ? It look's bad on Ubisoft that they cannot control what's happening in there forum's ! :mad:

Tully__
03-14-2015, 02:33 PM
There are a number of tools in place to stop spam and the work very effectively against bots. Unfortunately, the vast bulk of what we're currently seeing is being posted manually by humans.
The forum staff are doing everything in their power to manually remove this problem while further automated measures are investigated. Unfortunately, any automated measure that stops human spammers also makes life very difficult for regular users.

Misterscruff63
03-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Thanks for replying appreciate it.

SofaJockey
03-16-2015, 10:43 PM
It's a tricky one, as some mornings I see twenty pages of spam.
Must be a pain in the backside for the mods.

It's not as if anyone is reading them anyway, so there must be another purpose.

Perhaps the number of posts a new account could make could be limited for a short time, as they are all new accounts.

Tully__
03-17-2015, 11:30 AM
It's a tricky one, as some mornings I see twenty pages of spam.
Must be a pain in the backside for the mods.

It's not as if anyone is reading them anyway, so there must be another purpose.

Perhaps the number of posts a new account could make could be limited for a short time, as they are all new accounts.
ANY account that makes too many posts in a short period is automatically banned and all posts deleted. That's one reason why they make so many accounts, to avoid the automatic ban/delete.

And yes, it's a pain but we soldier on for the benefit of the real forum users :)

Alphacos007
03-17-2015, 02:04 PM
Maybe you could add a captcha challenge for posting if the person has less than 10 posts? That's what is implemented in another forum I go frequently and it's very rare to see spam around.

Mr_Shade
03-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Maybe you could add a captcha challenge for posting if the person has less than 10 posts? That's what is implemented in another forum I go frequently and it's very rare to see spam around.

Captcha post checking for new accounts is already in place - however they can bypass this by using real people to post.

SevenReels
03-17-2015, 04:23 PM
I've seen the spam too, what kind of no lives are these XD