PDA

View Full Version : Joystick problems

Metallicaner
05-02-2004, 05:49 AM
Recently, the stick got a little loose and I thought I was going to open it up and "tighten" it a little.

So I did, but when I plugged it in and ran to IL-2, the plane continued to steer to the right all the time...

So I opened the stick again for to see if it was anything I could manage to fix (which I afterall could not see), I just put the stick back together again

The stick was now as loose as it was before, but it worked...

So then again, I opened it up for to tighten it, put it back together, and then the plane was turning all the way to the right yet again, and now I can't manage to fix it at all...! (This time the planes steer to the left)

I bought the Sidewinder FFS 2, but do not like it as good as my old one without FFS

So can anyone atleast try to help me out on how I can fix the damn thing?

Cheers, 249th_Metall

Metallicaner
05-02-2004, 05:49 AM
Recently, the stick got a little loose and I thought I was going to open it up and "tighten" it a little.

So I did, but when I plugged it in and ran to IL-2, the plane continued to steer to the right all the time...

So I opened the stick again for to see if it was anything I could manage to fix (which I afterall could not see), I just put the stick back together again

The stick was now as loose as it was before, but it worked...

So then again, I opened it up for to tighten it, put it back together, and then the plane was turning all the way to the right yet again, and now I can't manage to fix it at all...! (This time the planes steer to the left)

I bought the Sidewinder FFS 2, but do not like it as good as my old one without FFS

So can anyone atleast try to help me out on how I can fix the damn thing?

Cheers, 249th_Metall

Heavy_Weather
05-02-2004, 07:38 AM
you might ask Baldie, he damn near re-designs the sticks he plays with. other than that it sounds like you might be in the market for a new stick. have you ever considered the X45 w/throttle? check these out:

www.saitek.com (http://www.saitek.com)

you can get the stick and throttle for around 80 bux.

"To fly a combat mission is not a trip under the moon. Every attack, every bombing is a dance with death."
- Serafima Amsova-Taranenko: Noggle, Ann (1994): A Dance with Death.

AusDerReihe
05-02-2004, 07:50 AM
you migth want to recalibrate your joystick after tightening it, one of the pots migth have been affected by your "repair". recalibrating might reset it, or atleast set it's current positive or negative position to neutral.

-[AusDerReihe's Law: The total ammount of your whining will allways be less than the whinig you will get in return for whining in the first place]-

Metallicaner
05-02-2004, 08:06 AM
When I try to recalibrate it, you can see that crosshair thing moves around like crazy...