PDA

View Full Version : Seriously???? Come on already

OGsmeezer
03-13-2015, 04:13 PM
FOR ONCE, IN THIS MODERN AGE OF VIDEO GAMES I WOULD JUST LOVE TO KNOW THAT HAVING A TOP OF THE LINE PC WITH TOP OF THE LINE HARDWARE GUARANTEES THAT WHEN I BUY A TOP OF THE LINE GAME IT ISN'T GOING TO CRASH THE FIRST TIME I OPEN IT AND THEN CRASH REPEATEDLY AFTER THAT I AM SO SICK OF THIS CRAP
UGHHHHHHHH I can't open get into the game to try it out :( I'm so sick of all this WE'LL PUT IN MULTIPLAYER TO BETTER YOUR EXPERIENCE BUT REALLY IT'S JUST AN EXCUSE TO ALWAYS BE CONNECTED TO YOUR GAME SO WE CAN MAKE SURE YOU AREN'T A PIRATE YOU JERK WHO BOUGHT OUR GAME AND PAID FOR ALL THE DLC, FILTHY CUSTOMER YOU SHALL PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/smeezer/wtf_zpskvnkhukg.jpg

strigoi1958
03-14-2015, 12:58 AM
the problem is... consoles are all the same.. if it works on one it works on every one... PC's have thousands of configurations, thousands of possible problems from conflicts, software and hardware errors and viruses and malware and we automatically assume it cannot be our pc causing the problem even when a game runs perfectly on 50,000 other pc's..

I know, because my first visit here was to vent fury and summon all of hells demons to beset Ubi.... turns out it was a geforce driver and my audio codec. :o

OGsmeezer
03-14-2015, 01:24 AM
the problem is... consoles are all the same.. if it works on one it works on every one... PC's have thousands of configurations, thousands of possible problems from conflicts, software and hardware errors and viruses and malware and we automatically assume it cannot be our pc causing the problem even when a game runs perfectly on 50,000 other pc's..

I know, because my first visit here was to vent fury and summon all of hells demons to beset Ubi.... turns out it was a geforce driver and my audio codec. :o

I spent an hour on the phone with a ubi rep going through literally 20-30 different troubleshooting permutations, flushing steam, clean boot environment, reinstalling the game (I have really fast internet) reinstalling uplay running it from uplay running it from steam running it directly from the install directory, installing uplay directly from ubi website, tried more combinations than I can think of off the top of my head. It's not that simple of a problem at this point. So I do believe I am justifiably pissed. Also my hardware is pretty ace for the most part. Devils Canyon cpu, maximus vii formula, R9 290x, 32 gb ddr3 1600mhz, twin ssd's in raid 0, it's not like it's my fault for having ****ty hardware....

USAdystopia
03-14-2015, 07:32 AM
Obvious things to try:

Remove 16 GB memory

Use SSD's in single config

Be sure High Power is configured for Windows AND SSDs

BIOS update?

GPU driver update

CPU temp

GPU temp and airflow in case

Hyperthreading off

ULPS

No info on power supply

Why would you be "pissed" at a computer?? Figure it out.

jeffies04
03-14-2015, 10:06 PM
Delete you save files from Program Files/Ubisoft Game Launcher/saves/[Rogue numbered folder]/

This worked for me I was having the exact same problem. The save is corrupt some how. I backup all my games every 10 minutes while I play so it wasn't a big deal.It only happened to me once.

Woeful_Wraith
03-16-2015, 12:41 AM
WHEN I BUY A TOP OF THE LINE GAME ]

Top of the line game? From Ubi? BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

iiNN3X
03-16-2015, 01:40 PM
Obvious things to try:

Remove 16 GB memory

Use SSD's in single config

Be sure High Power is configured for Windows AND SSDs

BIOS update?

GPU driver update

CPU temp

GPU temp and airflow in case

Hyperthreading off

ULPS

No info on power supply

Why would you be "pissed" at a computer?? Figure it out.

Why would someone have to disable all this stuff just to run a game that a stupid team wasn't able to optimize and were too lazy to code properly for the PC ?

strigoi1958
03-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Why would someone have to disable all this stuff just to run a game that a stupid team wasn't able to optimize and were too lazy to code properly for the PC ?

because it is nothing to do with optimization or coding.... it runs on a million other PC's and not this 1.... logic dictates that we know the game runs so if it is not the game... it MUST be something at the users end. His choice, he doesn't need to try solutions he can just not play it.