PDA

View Full Version : Sugarcane fields in New York

Mataresian
03-13-2015, 01:04 PM
Call me nitpicker, but it really annoys me New York in Rogue is filled with sugarcane fields. From my knowledge sucarcane is not suitable for growth in such climates. Is this just an error of the developer? Also, am I the only one who finds the game a bit too colorful. It could really have done with the more darker and gloomier atmosphere from AC3.
Still I really do enjoy the game ;)

wvstolzing
03-16-2015, 01:20 PM
I don't think that's a nitpick at all.

Somewhat on-topic: The abundance of palm trees in Istanbul wasn't accurate either. Sure, it suits the 'middle eastern look', or whatever, but the palm tree isn't part of the indigenous plant life there. You have to go considerably south for that.

EmptyCrustacean
03-16-2015, 03:10 PM
Shay touched a magical artifact that caused the world to crumble in on itself. You'll live.

As for the lighting issue, I more than welcome it. Unity's dull lighting made the world as moody and ugly as the lack of soundtrack did.

Fatal-Feit
03-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Personally, the lack of moving foliage annoys me more.

ze_topazio
03-16-2015, 05:09 PM
I don't speak with any authority but almost every old pictures of colonial New York I've seen show a city with buildings painted in a wide variety of colors, so maybe AC3 was the one being inaccurate with all the brown and orange buildings typically associated with colonial America.