PDA

View Full Version : AC Rogue, Viking History fail?

mauerman
03-13-2015, 11:59 AM
I started playing Rogue, and I came across a tablet with some of Otso Berg's profile. He told a story of the Viking raid on the monastery in Northumberland in 793. He called it Lindsifarne. The name is Lindisfarne. Is this on purpose (if so, why change the position of two letters, when all other facts are correct) or is it just an incredibly stupid spelling mistake that no one thought to correct?

Regards,
mauerman

ze_topazio
03-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Probably just a spelling mistake.

JamesFaith007
03-13-2015, 01:49 PM
Normal spelling mistake, happens all the time.

And I wouldn't call it incredibly stupid, even best collector can't hunt down all typos in such long text and for every one he missed there are dozens he found and corrected.

bitebug2003
03-13-2015, 05:17 PM
Little pedantic to worry about a typo (the fact it's not a common word either).

i.e. the very first instance of 'Esper' was misspelled as 'Espier' in FFVI for Android - obviously fans picked up on that immediately and Square Enix changed it. <--- This I can understand.

Megas_Doux
03-13-2015, 05:21 PM
I noticed because Im a huge history nerd, but meh! A typo and nothing more.

ze_topazio
03-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Back in AC4 in the Kenway fleet missions, in one of the missions in Lisbon, they call the Portuguese royal palace the "Rebeira palace", but the palace was called "Ribeira" and not "Rebeira".

Just as a curiosity, in Rogue, the last building Shay enters before jumping in to the river is the Ribeira palace.

Locopells
03-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Probably a typo.

Been, to Lindisfarne, nice place.

mauerman
03-13-2015, 07:18 PM
It may just be a typo, but the actors who read it say Lindsifarne, multiple times.
How come no one, in the sound studio, the actors themselves, or the hundreds of proofreaders didn't catch it?
They say it multiple times, and all the other facts are correct, so as a Dane, and former viking, this gets me a little mad that they care so much about Italian, American, and French history to make it PERFECT, but when it comes to scandinavian, nah man screw you.

I may be a little *****y, but it's my history.

Democrito_71
03-13-2015, 07:59 PM
It may just be a typo, but the actors who read it say Lindsifarne, multiple times.

That's because the Actor reads from a script.

How come no one, in the sound studio, the actors themselves, or the hundreds of proofreaders didn't catch it?

Typos happens all the time and it's natural that people don't write everything right and miss those misstakes. Sometimes I write things wrong when I write in English, German, French, Greek and even my own first language, Swedish.

They say it multiple times, and all the other facts are correct, so as a Dane, and former viking, this gets me a little mad that they care so much about Italian, American, and French history to make it PERFECT, but when it comes to scandinavian, nah man screw you.

As a Swede, I'm not offended or pissed off due too a typo. Typos are a common thing and there's a few typos in Unity that I've noticed from a few french words to english words.

Their's no need to be offended over a typo just because it's about the Viking raid of Lindisfarne(which lies in northern England) is a part of the Scandinavian history.

Off topic; Holy Jesus there's a lot of spams on the forums these days!!

Megas_Doux
03-13-2015, 08:06 PM

Being honest it was only a typo, one that got misspelled and mispronounced couple of times yes, but still a typo. I If were you, I would not been taking it THAT personal like it was been done on purpose. As shown above by Ze, it has happened before

Altair1789
03-14-2015, 03:45 AM
Back in AC4 in the Kenway fleet missions, in one of the missions in Lisbon, they call the Portuguese royal palace the "Rebeira palace", but the palace was called "Ribeira" and not "Rebeira".

Just as a curiosity, in Rogue, the last building Shay enters before jumping in to the river is the Ribeira palace.

Rebeira

It was all Rrebe

pirate1802
03-14-2015, 06:23 AM

Actually ubisoft's rendition of Italian, Ameriacn/French history is far from 'perfect'. You won't notice the flaws though, because you aren't one of these people. Just like you noticed that typo while we didn't. Ask around about what some of our Italian forumers think of AC2's accents, or how ACU makes a mockery of France's revolutionary history.

So sorry, but it's nothing that is exclusively happening to you.

ze_topazio
03-14-2015, 10:24 PM
Actually ubisoft's rendition of Italian, Ameriacn/French history is far from 'perfect'. You won't notice the flaws though, because you aren't one of these people. Just like you noticed that typo while we didn't. Ask around about what some of our Italian forumers think of AC2's accents, or how ACU makes a mockery of France's revolutionary history.

So sorry, but it's nothing that is exclusively happening to you.

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/112492-image/Obama-smug.jpg