PDA

View Full Version : This can't be a coincidence...

Defalt221
03-13-2015, 09:44 AM
AC3 official trailer ends with the word "Rise"
AC4 Black Flag official trailer ends with the word "Defy"
AC Unity official trailer ends with the word "Unite"
AC Victory has the word "Victory"
Now think like this: When the oppressed "rise",then "defy" their oppressors and then "unite" together,they acquire "victory".
Or is it me thinking too much..?

wvstolzing
03-13-2015, 11:40 AM
Who are the 'oppressed' in this analogy?

Certainly not 'the people', or 'the common folk'; because as we find out (?!) in Unity, the common folk isn't any better than mindless cattle, easily manipulated into overthrowing a well-meaning aristocracy to make room for their secret Templar overlords.

Namikaze_17
03-13-2015, 12:47 PM
It can't be the Assassins.

Victory is in an era build for Templars honestly, and is the closest time to modern day yet.

If anything, it should show "the beginning of the end" so to speak for the Assassins.

Thinking about it now, I think it's referring to the Templars.

Oppressed= Borgia
Rise & Defy= Colonial Templars
Unite to Victory= Modern Day Templars

Just my crazy theory anyway, don't take it seriously. :/

wvstolzing
03-13-2015, 01:00 PM
Victory is in an era build for Templars honestly, and is the closest time to modern day yet.

It's definitely the era of capitalism at its most savage; it can only be the 'Victory' of what Germain was trying to establish.

Germain's motivations, and their overall relevance to the lore is one of the most intriguing aspects of ACU; but ... the way it was conveyed to the player was so incredibly lame. Here you have a somewhat sophisticated notion, but you barely even hint at it during a generic evil-guy-bares-it-all-out-speech-with-magic-sword-extravaganza-bossfight -- definitely a first-draft affair. Yet another intelligent twist to the 'franchise' that got half-assed beyond recognition, because the annual squirt-out date was coming up.

Sorrosyss
03-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Perhaps it is in terms of Juno?

Rise - She breaks free, reborn like a rising phoenix in AC3.
Defy -She encourages the Cipher and the instruments to work for her within Abstergo, defying orders.
Unite - Through the Helix servers she now sees how to unite and control humanity within the grey.
Victory - The Sage DNA is finally mapped. A First Civilisation body can be recreated, and she finally returns to the earth in physical form.

Though I'm probably clutching at more straws than the rest of you. ;)

wvstolzing
03-13-2015, 01:48 PM

Defy -She encourages the Cipher and the instruments to work for her within Abstergo, defying orders.
Unite - Through the Helix servers she now sees how to unite and control humanity within the grey.
Victory - The Sage DNA is finally mapped. A First Civilisation body can be recreated, and she finally returns to the earth in physical form.

You're doing a fine job at it, though :D
Seriously, this sounds awesome; but there's no way they're putting in this much thought into Juno.

It's a chilling thought nevertheless, that the more ridiculous the writing gets in this series, the more fan theories begin to resemble those of MGS fans.
At least in the case of AC, there's no single 'auteur' figure to over-interpret, and over-estimate all the way into geniushood. :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
03-13-2015, 02:04 PM

Best theory thus far.

Nice thought put into it...

Unfortunately, it most likely won't come to fruition. :(

JustPlainQuirky
03-13-2015, 03:04 PM
illuminati confirmed

Defalt221
03-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Best theory thus far.

Nice thought put into it...

Unfortunately, it most likely won't come to fruition. :(

It might just. Ubisoft can be unpredictable when they want.

Defalt221
03-13-2015, 06:06 PM
illuminati confirmed

Didn't you know? The Templars ARE the illuminati. They're also linked to those satanic cults in Unity. That' how they manipulate the world.

Locopells
03-13-2015, 06:10 PM
You're gonna make me do that Incredibles clip again, aren't you?!

wvstolzing
03-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Didn't you know? The Templars ARE the illuminati. They're also linked to those satanic cults in Unity. That' how they manipulate the world.

There are fundamentalist evangelists on youtube claiming exactly that, for the founding fathers (of the US).

The knights templar/freemasons/illuminati supposedly are holders of the secrets of Atlantis (in AC-lore, First-Civ, obviously); they establish the US as the 'New Atlantis' for world domination, etc. etc.

'Theories' (duh!) like that go from amusing to repulsive pretty quickly though, for various reasons.

m4r-k7
03-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Then after Victory it will be Fall / Collapse type word as its a constant cycle.

You rise to the victory and you eventually fall, and it goes on and on.

It could be talking about the Assassins. Perhaps the Victorian Era was an era of advancement for assassins but this was the last time of success for the Assassins and they slowly lost power as the 20th century began, leading to Abstergo.

Namikaze_17
03-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Perhaps the Victorian Era was an era of advancement for assassins but this was the last time of success for the Assassins and they slowly lost power as the 20th century began, leading to Abstergo.

Perhaps the game is about the last of the "glory days" for the Assassins as they begin to lose their old ways.

Maybe the Templars just literally win in this period and Sam becomes the last in watching the order crumble in front of him.

m4r-k7
03-13-2015, 08:41 PM
Maybe the Templars just literally win in this period and Sam becomes the last in watching the order crumble in front of him.

Yeah, maybe :)

Would be cool if Sam manages to postpone this inevitable win for a few more years. Maybe its a Victory for him, but not for the overall Assassins.

I just don't think the Victory part would be referring to the Templars as I think if the story was to do with the Templars gaining victory the title would have been more along the lines of Assassins Creed: Failure haha as the titles normally refer to the Assassins themselves.

Namikaze_17
03-13-2015, 10:31 PM
Yeah, maybe :)

Would be cool if Sam manages to postpone this inevitable win for a few more years. Maybe its a Victory for him, but not for the overall Assassins.

I just don't think the Victory part would be referring to the Templars as I think if the story was to do with the Templars gaining victory the title would have been more along the lines of Assassins Creed: Failure haha as the titles normally refer to the Assassins themselves.

There's always a hidden message deep within my friend... ;)

But yeah, I like that idea. Postponing the Templar threat, protecting family, balancing duty with family, etc.

Sadly, this will most likely be better than what Ubi comes up with. :(

Defalt221
03-14-2015, 07:42 AM
Perhaps the game is about the last of the "glory days" for the Assassins as they begin to lose their old ways.

True. Modern assassins are losing as said by Lucy in AC2. I bet we'll get some of the most intense Assassins vs Templars war. And 100% guarantee each of Templar deaths will be scripted.

marvelfannumber
03-14-2015, 09:41 AM

I don't understand where this whole satanism thing came from. The Illuminati were an enlightenment group, they went out of their way to question any kind of religion (including satanism).

wvstolzing
03-14-2015, 11:20 AM
I don't understand where this whole satanism thing came from. The Illuminati were an enlightenment group, they went out of their way to question any kind of religion (including satanism).

Real-life evangelical Christians are pushing the idea that freemasons are satanists. It's probably rooted in the idea that the freemasons are the public face of the true secret organization -- Knights Templar, or Illuminati, or whatever -- and that the Templars were worshippers of Baphomet, and so on.

Some of the really crazy people would trace that 'satanic lineage' back to Solomon's collusion with demonic forces, etc., etc.

Some of those conspiracy-heads, especially those with an 'evangelical' bent, are way, waaaayyyyyy out there. Not sure if it's insanity, or plain old fraud, but some of those people are seriously disturbing.

Defalt221
03-17-2015, 08:17 AM
Real-life evangelical Christians are pushing the idea that freemasons are satanists. It's probably rooted in the idea that the freemasons are the public face of the true secret organization -- Knights Templar, or Illuminati, or whatever -- and that the Templars were worshippers of Baphomet, and so on.

Some of the really crazy people would trace that 'satanic lineage' back to Solomon's collusion with demonic forces, etc., etc.

Some of those conspiracy-heads, especially those with an 'evangelical' bent, are way, waaaayyyyyy out there. Not sure if it's insanity, or plain old fraud, but some of those people are seriously disturbing.

So what religion do Templars follow? Who do they worship?

Farlander1991
03-17-2015, 08:39 AM
So what religion do Templars follow? Who do they worship?

Nobody.

In AC lore, both Assassins and Templars are atheists.

EDIT: Or are we speaking real-life here?

Namikaze_17
03-17-2015, 08:45 AM
EDIT: Or are we speaking real-life here?

I was gonna say the same...

wvstolzing
03-17-2015, 11:30 AM
I was gonna say the same...

To which the follow-up would be: According to who?

I was originally talking about fundamentalist evangelical Christians, and their fantasies; they say that freemasons, and all associated 'secret societies' are satanic. Some even claim that Benjamin Franklin was involved in ritual human sacrifice, and so on.

Yeah, this is where conspiracy nutjobs go from amusing to disgusting.

You wouldn't believe the amount of antisemitic drivel that they emanate. Not to mention -- present-day 'hidden history' proponents, especially those specializing (duh...) in Atlantis, or ancient aliens, can trace their lineage back to late 19th-early 20th century 'theosophists', who had a blatant racist bent. Dig a little deeper underneath innocuous-sounding, amusing fantasies about this or that ancient monument being built by the aliens or the atlanteans, and you find a 'theory' about the Aryan race having come from some distant star.

In real life the Templars were obviously Catholic.

Sorrosyss
03-17-2015, 12:04 PM
What about the whole Father of Understanding / Baphomet link though? Not trying to argue, just I always established that as their main belief system. In modern times, it's the symbol of a rather dark religion.

wvstolzing
03-17-2015, 12:23 PM
What about the whole Father of Understanding / Baphomet link though?

That appears to have been a made-up attribution, after they fell out of favor with the papacy for whatever reason -- probably financial.

As to 'baphomet', I remember reading a long time ago (so I may be misremembering things) that the name originated as a distortion of the name 'Mahomet'; at the time of the first Crusades, the belief spread in Europe that those heathen Turks were worshipping an entity of that name, which is obviously fashioned after 'Mohammad'. (There's a common Turkish name that's a similar sounding distortion of the Arabic original: 'Mehmet' -- the famous TV doctor guy 'Mehmet Oz', for instance). So apparently, 'Baphomet' fist became a minion of Satan, and then came the story that the Templars worship it.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-19-2015, 08:20 PM
You're thinking too much
Victory is just a Codename like Comet Was
Comet = Ice = North Atlantic = Rogue
Victory = Victorian England = V = ACV

lothario-da-be
03-19-2015, 09:48 PM
People still believe in such conspiracies? AC is not the same anymore, the devs don't keep themselves busy with such things anymore.

STDlyMcStudpants
03-20-2015, 06:01 PM
People still believe in such conspiracies? AC is not the same anymore, the devs don't keep themselves busy with such things anymore.

exactly.. theyve stopped caring
i.e unity just meant co op hahahahhaha