PDA

View Full Version : It blows my mind why...

tomenigma
03-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to tell you that i am sitting here and reading all those gaming reviewing on how wonderfully crafted is the newest "AC: Rogue". While I am reading bloggers praises it blows my mind why Ubisoft did not release it for new-gen console owners. I loved Black Flag, brought Freedom Cry and honestly I find this game more appealing that Unity.
Anyway, did anyone hear anything on why Rogue was not released on Xbox 1 and PS4?

Perhaps, Ubisoft is planning a secret release by porting these games to above consoles? I wish...

Cheers.

bitebug2003
03-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Unfortunately

Hi, welcome to the forums.

There are no plans currently to bring Rogue to PS4 or Xbox One, sorry!

:(

Defalt221
03-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Playing Rogue on PC now... Any questions? I'm in Lawerence Washington kill mission.

tomenigma
03-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Playing Rogue on PC now... Any questions? I'm in Lawerence Washington kill mission.

My PC sucks and I am left with xBox 1 only...

Hans684
03-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Rogue does have better critic than Unity so it making on current gen would simply be good for Ubi.

tomenigma
03-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Rogue does have better critic than Unity so it making on current gen would simply be good for Ubi.

I agree, Ubisoft probably can do it but Rogue might have cannibalized Unity sales. However, that could be avoided by releasing it as DLC to Black Flag (for next gen consoles)

Mr.Black24
03-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Wonderfully crafted? Why is it that Rogue crashes in my PC then? I start the game but instead this pops up:

ACC.exe-Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point RegisterTouchWindow could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.

AAAAAAAAgggggghhhhhhhhhhh. Why me?

Megas_Doux
03-11-2015, 08:48 PM
This might not be proper thread for it, but after having played Rogue for a while is my least favorite game in the series. The acting is on amateur levels, the story seems like fan-fiction and really donīt get the fuss of some here about Shay either, although I might know. The gameplay is a poor manīs version of AC IV in a way duller setting, which prompts me to say that Rogueīs NY although better designed for parkour than its AC III version, feels even more lackluster in my book, which I caanot emphasize how GREEDY is to hame the SAME freaking city just 15 years before. I like having SOME rural areas, in fact I miss those in Unity, but making a whole game based on those again????? Please not again.....

Regarding the reviews, and performance aside, well Rogue has naval and the same old baby tier combat difficulty, so.......

PD In less important stuff, the graphics are REALLY subpar, AC IV and even AC III are way better than Rogue and Iīve played those three on the same PC.

playlisting
03-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Rogue will make it's way on to PS4 & XBO. Mark my words!

pacmanate
03-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Rogue will make it's way on to PS4 & XBO. Mark my words!

I sincerely hope so, I love Rogue, its way better than Unity.

Megas_Doux
03-12-2015, 02:42 PM
its way better than Unity.

http://media.giphy.com/media/sklN0dVXqGCQw/giphy.gif

To each his own. Thing is despite there are aspects of Unity that I utterly HATE and Iīm not talking about its awful launch and transmedia, I like the direction of it, finally the combat is somewhat of a challenge and stealth begins to have improvements since 2007.

About Rogue and After having spent more time with it, I find it to be the DULLEST AC to date aside Liberation.....Poor manīs AC IV by all accounts, even its graphics look ugly, 2012īs AC III is superior.

Aside from its launch, the story feels like fan fiction, acting is awful, settlements feel dead and I thought I would never say this, but AC IIIīs NY is better. The "frontier" is vastly inferior to AC IIIīs, parkour's uncomfortable and clunkier than AC III and AC IV, and the combat system feels like 320 BC comparing it to Unity.......The good???? The Northern Atlantic is fine with its eerie background music and so does the templar outfit, it really suits Shay but thatīs it to me....

The first AC that Iīm forcing myself through.. I might have been pretty biased from the very beginning, though.

Defalt221
03-12-2015, 05:43 PM
This might not be proper thread for it, but after having played Rogue for a while is my least favorite game in the series. The acting is on amateur levels, the story seems like fan-fiction and really donīt get the fuss of some here about Shay either, although I might know. The gameplay is a poor manīs version of AC IV in a way duller setting, which prompts me to say that Rogueīs NY although better designed for parkour than its AC III version, feels even more lackluster in my book, which I caanot emphasize how GREEDY is to hame the SAME freaking city just 15 years before. I like having SOME rural areas, in fact I miss those in Unity, but making a whole game based on those again????? Please not again.....

Regarding the reviews, and performance aside, well Rogue has naval and the same old baby tier combat difficulty, so.......

PD In less important stuff, the graphics are REALLY subpar, AC IV and even AC III are way better than Rogue and Iīve played those three on the same PC.

True. I'm trying to enjoy Rogue more. Trying to. But I end up suffering from terrible parkour issues (He can barely run over slopes like Connor or Ed. And some mountains look climbable but you can't climb them.) The combat animations are terrible and the dual tool kill is gone.

Megas_Doux
03-13-2015, 12:01 AM
True. I'm trying to enjoy Rogue more. Trying to. But I end up suffering from terrible parkour issues (He can barely run over slopes like Connor or Ed. And some mountains look climbable but you can't climb them.) The combat animations are terrible and the dual tool kill is gone.

As I said above, I might be heavily biased against because since the very beginning I despised its existence, mostly after I found out that we would have Colonial America AGAIN and even a same freaking location just 15 years before. But the more I play it, I cannot help but notice that much of its stuff is really supbar: Combat animations, parkour, design of the locations, etc etc, etc.

ze_topazio
03-13-2015, 12:14 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/10/tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

JustPlainQuirky
03-13-2015, 12:38 AM
they can probably release it digitally. that shouldnt cost nearly as much as unsold physical copies

not that i care as i plan to buy Rogue on PC

Mr.Black24
03-13-2015, 01:59 AM
they can probably release it digitally. that shouldnt cost nearly as much as unsold physical copies

not that i care as i plan to buy Rogue on PC
Bruh I bought it and I'm still mad that my copy of Rogue on PC and it STILL won't start up and crashes. Uhhhggghhh money well spent eh?

JustPlainQuirky
03-13-2015, 02:01 AM
shoulda chekt yo specs yo

and viruses or whatevs

it has been running fine for the majority

but best of luck

it must be hard not being able to sail with da shay booty

#thestruggle #itllworkeventually

Mr.Black24
03-13-2015, 03:02 AM
shoulda chekt yo specs yo

and viruses or whatevs

it has been running fine for the majority

but best of luck

it must be hard not being able to sail with da shay booty

#thestruggle #itllworkeventually
Well I think I know the cause right now. Rogue runs on Windows 7 and over, while I have a Vista....
Ya know whats the twist, so does Unity but not only I have Unity installed, but I played the game, beaten it, and had fun with no problem.
Unity is a next gen game, while Rogue is a last gen....that really makes no sense at all!!!!
How does my PC run a next gen game while it craps the bed on a last gen?

And yes...i want that Shay booty...

JustPlainQuirky
03-13-2015, 04:06 AM
you could run the broken unity but not rogue? lulz

we all do ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Defalt221
03-13-2015, 09:46 AM
Well I think I know the cause right now. Rogue runs on Windows 7 and over, while I have a Vista....
Ya know whats the twist, so does Unity but not only I have Unity installed, but I played the game, beaten it, and had fun with no problem.
Unity is a next gen game, while Rogue is a last gen....that really makes no sense at all!!!!
How does my PC run a next gen game while it craps the bed on a last gen?

Rogue is like the BEST PC port of AC franchise Ubisoft ever made. And sadly the LAST. Since for Victory you can 100% confirm will be 100% filled with NEXT GEN optimization issues with NEXT GEN Bugs and glitches. Plus a NEXT GEN worse story with a NEXT GEN cliche filled Ezio clone v3.0 character with the never changing revenge tale about dead loved ones..