PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Job With Rogue :D

CptnSpandex
03-10-2015, 02:52 PM
For a port i was expecting some issues but nope its all good and the game is similar to black flag which is sooooo good ;), good job ubi.

jeffies04
03-10-2015, 03:18 PM
I mostly believe that their biggest struggles with Unity was that they were diving into some new territory. New engine design, new graphics design, etc. (same thing happened to them with AC3) and that we'll see improvements moving forward with Victory. My hope is that they've learned a lot. Black Flag in general was a very well-made game, in my opinion. So was the ACII-ACR trio.

dargor5
03-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Honestly I don't like Rogue that much. Feels like a huge step back after Ive played Unity. I was expecting for a Black Flag look but in terms of graphics is more like AC3.
On the technical aspect yes, this game is great, very well ported. I've had no issues what so ever and feel that ubi did the right thing taking their time to polish this port

jeffies04
03-11-2015, 08:52 PM
It's definitely so strange to be playing this after the graphical upgrades Unity has. I'm still enjoying the game though, and I understand it was designed for last-gen. It's still quite pretty. I like certain details they added like you can see their breath when you're in the North Atlantic, and the way the ice crumbles and flies up on deck when you're breaking through it. They did some good work on it.. it's just last gen I remind myself.

D4rkInv4d3r
03-12-2015, 04:06 AM
yep... they've done an amazing job on the PC port <3

the best PC port since AC Revelations ^^
AC3, Black Flag and Unity had all their problems with stuttering on some systems and had pretty high system requirements

Rogue is finally again a game, that runs absolutely smooth on 60 frames without any stutters and still looks beautiful, with all the ice, snow and lighting :D
well done :]

ACE7492
03-12-2015, 08:44 PM
I was just glad to get to run it without any problems so far. I know there are some who say they never had problems with Unity, but a lot of people did. It was nice to just enjoy the gameplay. I have killed a lot of people with my hidden blade, picked up bodies and moved them around just because I can. And I have used the crap out eagle vision since its not on a cooldown now. Ah, the good ole days.

I like Shay as a character and am anxious to slowly work my way to the end of the story while exploring about. I couldn't wait to finish Unity either, but for all the wrong reasons, I just wanted it to be over. It seems like a lack of co-op might have helped them focus on a more polished single player experience. Even if it isn't as "pretty" as Unity, it still plays great.

I can honestly say I miss being able to drop from a building quicker from Unity. But that's about it.