PDA

View Full Version : The Unity gear system and why I love it.

Incantari
03-10-2015, 02:07 PM
This is entirely my opinion, feel free to disagree with me. I make no assumptions that I am in the majority

One thing i've always disliked about past AC games is that I dont always like the outfits. I know many people love Ezio and Altair's outfits but they just scream "impractical" to me (Ezio's 2 and B outfits especially, liked his Revelations one) Connors was the first one that looked practical and Edwards is among my favorite. But even the "unlocked" Mega Super Awesome Armor from each game has never thrilled me beyond the stat boost (Brutus armor was just not my thing)

But I do love that this game not only gives you multiple styles with varying stats you can mix and match and customize it to your playstyle. If you want to run in sword swinging, medieval armor is your friend, phantom for pure stealth etc. But even that you can make it a hybrid build (I for one suck at QTE lock picking so the phantom belts are a godsend)

On top of that you can cover up the mismatched gear with outfits (Todd McFarlane's is among the best in the AC series IMO) and look good. I dearly hope that this is one thing from Unity that is carried forward into Victory

and please buy this concept for one of the unlockable outfits http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/210/3/6/victorian_london_assassin_by_weremagnus-d594251.jpg