PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ubisoft

L1nx77
03-10-2015, 11:10 AM
After years and years of violent yelling and threats of not buying any sequels you finally listened. We have a great PC port from you with Rogue. Too bad half of the community decided never to buy any more Ubisoft games after what happened with Unity. Now all you need is to fix your cloud sync on Uplay so it doesn't delete peoples games and your all set to becoming company of the year again

LikeICarehah
03-10-2015, 01:44 PM
uhm sure... its a good port.... but game itself is a 2012y game... Graphics itself on the AC III level... lack of filters and other stuff cant even get it on lvl of Black Flag... heck there is no option for FHD 144 Hz resolution... not to mention FPS lock.

sheby1911
03-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Haha it's not AC3 level it's much worse. Don't get too excited about ubi learning things...

CptnSpandex
03-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Well i think they did an excellent job this time, no port issues and im finding the game really good, BIG thumbs up to UBI

LateralusGTS
03-10-2015, 03:19 PM
I really enjoyed AC Black Flag and this one is similar. I like it so far, works really well on my PC (BTW graphics are decent, gameplay/stability is more important however)

siralex1986
03-10-2015, 03:37 PM
I really enjoyed AC Black Flag and this one is similar. I like it so far, works really well on my PC (BTW graphics are decent, gameplay/stability is more important however)

It is a very good compromise between graphics(which are meh, but ok)and performances(which are thanks God very good considering it's an old gen game).

So at least it's playable and enjoyable at its best, that I cannot judge so far even if it looks promising.

The only huge issue I have with Rogue so far is that playing it after Unity is a very bad idea, movements, combat and mechanics I found awesome in Unity are now lost again. :(

strigoi1958
03-10-2015, 05:04 PM
Absolutely loving it at the moment ... it brings back elements of AC3 and Black Flag.... it is nice to be sailing again... I will still be doing co-op in Unity... anyone wanting to join NAL just look us up we love to co-op

Misterscruff63
03-10-2015, 06:24 PM
Enjoying it too..... like others similiar to Black Flag and again like other's I enjoyed the sailing part. Hopefully there's not to many bug's in this.....time will tell !

Archangel630
03-10-2015, 11:34 PM
It is a very good compromise between graphics(which are meh, but ok)and performances(which are thanks God very good considering it's an old gen game).

So at least it's playable and enjoyable at its best, that I cannot judge so far even if it looks promising.

The only huge issue I have with Rogue so far is that playing it after Unity is a very bad idea, movements, combat and mechanics I found awesome in Unity are now lost again. :(

Lol, did you choose the 'drop down' button on that first tree leap too? I know I did. Very anticlimatic start to follow your buddy up the branch and then not swan dive off but basically step off 10 feet to the left to land on the ground and die below.

ACE7492
03-11-2015, 12:07 AM
Rogue is lots of fun so far. They didn't re-invent the wheel with this port, but it sure is a lot of fun. Most of the things I enjoyed from AC3 and black flag return with some new ideas. I am very impressed. Also, very glad to see some others enjoying this title. Hopefully, it will be a small amount of proof that you don't have to change everything so drastically to make something that still has the fun factor. I may be in the minority, but I still think the game looks great too.

Xandrez21
03-11-2015, 12:21 AM
After playing about 30 min of Rogue im able to state that:

1) Ubisoft HUGE mistake was to launch UNITY unfinished and make ROGUE just for PS3 and XBOX.
2) ROGUE is better than UNITY in so many aspects i have no space and words to write it down here.
3) ROGUE simply got AC III and AC IV parts and combined them to make a better game.
4) The team who made AC IV and ROGUE must be the only ones to continue to develop AC games.
5) You guys finally got it right on ROGUE, donīt blew it from now on.
6) FORGET, i said FORGET Initiates, i just opened it again and all my progress is gone.
7) FORGET, i said FORGET microtransactions.

Starting to have pleasure again playing AC games.... (till now), but a bit sceptical,,,,so...lets take it easy.

Barlog06
03-11-2015, 01:43 AM
Rogue is great! Port is great! I enjoy every second of it!

Please, let Ubisoft Sofia make another game! They are really great in it!

srini2020
03-11-2015, 11:32 AM
Ubi did good on this. They did tone down the visuals. We need better AA.

siralex1986
03-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Lol, did you choose the 'drop down' button on that first tree leap too? I know I did. Very anticlimatic start to follow your buddy up the branch and then not swan dive off but basically step off 10 feet to the left to land on the ground and die below.
You can say that, now I can truly understand how great Unity parkour is.

Not to mention the part where you have to kill all the guards without being noticed: "Ok, now I will crouch down a bit and.................................oh, crap."

ecocrash
03-11-2015, 08:34 PM
Great, but what about those who are still having issues with ACU?, expensive bit of digital failure for me and many others..

siralex1986
03-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Great, but what about those who are still having issues with ACU?, expensive bit of digital failure for me and many others..

There's a huge difference between releasing a finished game or a beta one trying to complete it with patches later; I'm afraid Unity will never be as good as it was meant to be, which is a shame cause after the last patch I can play it without a single issue and Jesus, it's amazing.

BUSTERR_TR
03-12-2015, 04:57 PM
LOL it is not a great port it runs great because it's graphics are old like 3 years.. It has almost no AA option and there are texture issues that needs to be fixed.

ACE7492
03-12-2015, 06:14 PM
LOL it is not a great port it runs great because it's graphics are old like 3 years.. It has almost no AA option and there are texture issues that needs to be fixed.

For 3 yr old graphics it sure does run well. I haven't seen anyone missing a face, I haven't been stuck in any walls, I haven't fell through the world either. I think I would trade off a major performance improvement over a small graphical improvement. But I may be in the minority of people. I still like to play games that are fun and nice to look at, I prefer it be in that order as well. The game isn't perfect, but after playing Unity, it feels more like an AC game again.

Oronra1989
03-12-2015, 07:50 PM
The new functions in Unity were passable, the free-running movement was easier and the combat system a lot less tiresome (even if his dodge was more of a disengage and gave your enemies time to circle you). But the story was as dull as AC3 and the scenarios and cutscenes continuously forced you into a fight, I completed it and its dlc more out of stubborn resolve that enjoyment.

For some weird reason Ubisoft's "next generation" system gave us thousands of active AI (which was the main reason for its stupidly high minimum pc specs) and took away all the standard functions we enjoyed from the beginning

- We can't eavesdrop or find out information of our own to make our next kill more strategic like in AC1
- We can't knock-out a guard instead of kill him and conceal his body so we don't raise an alarm
- We're identified on sight by anyone and everyone in the game, Arno can swing a sword but can't move through a crowd without being spotted (The disguise ability was great but kept cutting out short like his enemies were all trained to see through it)
- The customisation system's been mentioned as if Paris full of English accents wasn't bad enough, we now have brightly coloured dandies (during a time when anyone with money was being executed) wielding weapons from all over the world
- It was packed full of side-quests that have no inherent purpose, in Black Flag all the jobs brought you money or equipment (the only interesting side-quests were the murder mysteries which ended up being better than the main one)

I had such high hopes for Unity it looked great until I played it. Improve the graphics and give us 1-to-1 scale cities that's what we love about Assassin's Creed, but this game was a flop and not because of the glitches but because of its lack of thought for why people even buy these games.
I've completed Rogue it's pretty good, a bit short on storyline but it was way better than this. As an AC fan I'll probably play the next one just to be sure I don't miss Ubisoft surprising us all with an AC game that's worthy of its name.

ShootRawGuy
03-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Rogue is only ok. It is tooooo easy and becomes boring after a while. Unity got a great fighting system and amazing parkour.