PDA

View Full Version : No surround sound w/ audigy2?

mart242
07-21-2004, 09:26 AM
After installing FarCry, there was no sound coming out from my rear speakers. I had set it up to "quadraphonic" in the audio menu and in windows. I played with all the options from the audio menu but no luck, still no rear sound.

After searching thing forum, I did was a member did: downgrade the creative drivers to the previous version. It fixed it, surround sound was ok.

I played the game for a few nights but yesterday I noticed that there's nothing coming out from the rear speakers! I haven't changed anything in terms of hardware or drivers.. I've played with all the options in the audio menu but still no surround sound.

Any idea?

mart242
07-21-2004, 09:26 AM
After installing FarCry, there was no sound coming out from my rear speakers. I had set it up to "quadraphonic" in the audio menu and in windows. I played with all the options from the audio menu but no luck, still no rear sound.

After searching thing forum, I did was a member did: downgrade the creative drivers to the previous version. It fixed it, surround sound was ok.

I played the game for a few nights but yesterday I noticed that there's nothing coming out from the rear speakers! I haven't changed anything in terms of hardware or drivers.. I've played with all the options in the audio menu but still no surround sound.

Any idea?

skyjack666
07-21-2004, 11:15 AM
If you have an Audigy2, why aren't you using Dolby 5.1? Works great for me.

mart242
07-21-2004, 11:23 AM
I tought that dolby 5.1 was for when you have 5 speakers and a sub.

All I have are 4 speakers and sub, but the sub is a "pass through" for the 4 other speakers (ie: it has no dedicated connection).