PDA

View Full Version : Can't start a Finnish '41 campaign, a bug???

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I noticed that when I tried starting a Finnish "Continuation War 41" campaign, the mission will not generate for some reason. I click on the apply button but it on makes the clicking noise, no mission generated. I tried both available planes for that year. I tried completely uninstalling FB with the Disk one CD, then deleting what it didn't delete in the program folder manually. I then reinstalled the game, then applied the 1.1b patch. I did this at least three times and finally noticed that I can start the campaign before I apply the patch but bot after. Except once!! One time it worked after I applied the patch but I could only fly one mission, then the campaign was over, showing 100% completion!!! Can someone else try this for me and see if the can start the earliest Finnish campaign?? It always works for me '42 or later.By the way, I noticed the patch seems to work better with no sound problems and better frame rates if you patch it right after a fresh install. Maybe this has caused people most of the trouble, (especially with sound issues) that they are experiencing??
FB seems to run better for me, now if I can just get that early Finn campaign going!!

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

Message Edited on 08/25/0305:19PM by mortoma

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I noticed that when I tried starting a Finnish "Continuation War 41" campaign, the mission will not generate for some reason. I click on the apply button but it on makes the clicking noise, no mission generated. I tried both available planes for that year. I tried completely uninstalling FB with the Disk one CD, then deleting what it didn't delete in the program folder manually. I then reinstalled the game, then applied the 1.1b patch. I did this at least three times and finally noticed that I can start the campaign before I apply the patch but bot after. Except once!! One time it worked after I applied the patch but I could only fly one mission, then the campaign was over, showing 100% completion!!! Can someone else try this for me and see if the can start the earliest Finnish campaign?? It always works for me '42 or later.By the way, I noticed the patch seems to work better with no sound problems and better frame rates if you patch it right after a fresh install. Maybe this has caused people most of the trouble, (especially with sound issues) that they are experiencing??
FB seems to run better for me, now if I can just get that early Finn campaign going!!

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

Message Edited on 08/25/0305:19PM by mortoma

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 06:11 PM
Oops, I thought I was posting this thread in the tech support forum...sorry.....

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Try post this to Tech support forum. They'l help you to solve this problem.

Lt.Davis

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/apvg/tigerlogo01.jpg

**Speed is the KEY**

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 06:16 PM
I posted a fix on SimHQ.com FB board
seach for "finnish campaign"
It also will be fixed in the sound fix soon to be released by Oleg

http://people.freenet.de/JCRitter/1sigklein.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Yep, thanks!! I found it and am posting it so others can fix their copy of FB. This is if they ever want to be able to generate an offline campaign in '41 flying for the Finns.
If they don't then not a problem.

The link:
http://oldsite.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=002912