PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit Detail

Karbiner98
04-03-2004, 01:16 PM
hey guys

As you know the Il2 series has come a long way from it's initial release way back when. the meticulous amount of attention on every aspect of the game is almost at times unnecessary. And my god, some of the detail in the cockpits are unbelievable.

If you're anything like me, A good, detailed cockpit can TOTALLY change your attitude about playing the game, and well, lets face it, not all of the cockpits seemed to be detailed as well as they could be.

Since IL2's release, the detail in the early Bf109 cockpits ( a critical aircraft in the luftwaffe) has pretty much remained the same; and although the detail it has been given is more than what you could expect from other flight sims, it just seems like the 109 pit, (one of the most popular aircraft in the game). deserves more attention.

At this point in the game, I think it would be more beneficial to perfect those kind of qualities that make these planes so much fun to fly. In the future I would love to see all of the cockpits detailed in the manner that the bf110 and the J8A have been. Because lets face it, qualites such as those will only make the game better.

Matt

The Heavens were the grandstands

Only the Gods were spectaters

Karbiner98
04-03-2004, 01:16 PM
hey guys

As you know the Il2 series has come a long way from it's initial release way back when. the meticulous amount of attention on every aspect of the game is almost at times unnecessary. And my god, some of the detail in the cockpits are unbelievable.

If you're anything like me, A good, detailed cockpit can TOTALLY change your attitude about playing the game, and well, lets face it, not all of the cockpits seemed to be detailed as well as they could be.

Since IL2's release, the detail in the early Bf109 cockpits ( a critical aircraft in the luftwaffe) has pretty much remained the same; and although the detail it has been given is more than what you could expect from other flight sims, it just seems like the 109 pit, (one of the most popular aircraft in the game). deserves more attention.

At this point in the game, I think it would be more beneficial to perfect those kind of qualities that make these planes so much fun to fly. In the future I would love to see all of the cockpits detailed in the manner that the bf110 and the J8A have been. Because lets face it, qualites such as those will only make the game better.

Matt

PlaneEater
04-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Having sat in a real 109E4 cockpit in January this year, I can tell you--it really is that sparse.

Karbiner98
04-03-2004, 08:39 PM
I have no doubt as to the credibility of the cockpits layout. All i'm saying is the graphics of the 109 cockpit dont seem to be all that they could be, and that since the 109 was such a major warplane in the luftwaffe, that it deserves updated graphics

Just my opinion,

Matt

Karbiner98
04-03-2004, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Karbiner98:
I have no doubt as to the credibility of the cockpits layout. All i'm saying is the graphics of the 109 cockpit dont seem to be all that they could be, and that since the 109 was such a major warplane in the luftwaffe, that it deserves updated graphics, since its probably going to be flown extremely often amongst the Il2 community

Just my opinion,

Matt

Sorry i know i posted this twice, im still new to forums :-(