PDA

View Full Version : What's this video talking about?

king-hailz
02-27-2015, 07:52 PM
Is it true or BS? Asking because nobody is talking about it.

http://youtu.be/DuH3oU8my8I

Sorry, I guess it's true... so discuss people...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-27-future-assassins-creed-games-will-have-more-robust-modern-day-than-unity?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

Could someone change the title to 'More Modern Day in Victory!'

Xstantin
02-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Info from the stream

Democrito_71
02-27-2015, 08:11 PM
I hope the fact that Victory has a greater focus on the modern day is true, the one in Unity was barely there
and it felt like the MD-story didn't progress at all. I also hope we play as a new modern day protagonist as well.
So if this fact from Eurogamer is true, then I'll be happy :)

Bleem7
02-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Hopefully they'll show as much care to the protagonist.

But yeh, this is great news :D

Namikaze_17
02-27-2015, 08:32 PM
I saw this this morning...

I was unsure on whether to speak about it because it sounded fake.

So NOW ubi is deciding to do something about MD?

Something's not right...

RADAR__4077
02-27-2015, 08:34 PM
I hope MD makes a comeback.

I don't like the idea of "teasing for ten or twenty years" with first civ stuff. Sounds like they are going to water it down so they have an excuse to keep cranking out games every year.

Xstantin
02-27-2015, 08:48 PM
I don't like the idea of "teasing for ten or twenty years" with first civ stuff. Sounds like they are going to water it down so they have an excuse to keep cranking out games every year.

Same here about that "teasing" idea. I'm greedy. In a way it gives me the Truth video vibe and that went nowhere imo.

RADAR__4077
02-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Same here about that "teasing" idea. I'm greedy. In a way it gives me the Truth video vibe and that went nowhere imo.

Yeah wtf was up with that?

GunnerGalactico
02-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Not really sure what to make of this. Whatever it is, I personally hope that we are done with the "floating tablet" thing.

JustPlainQuirky
02-27-2015, 08:59 PM
Of course the immediate response to this on IGN is "boo modern day sucks"

Annastasya1978
02-27-2015, 09:18 PM
Well, the First Civ content of the story has always been my favourite part. If they can couple it back properly into the modern day I'll be very happy. My concern is the use of the word 'tease'. Unity had a tease of such content. I.E. Not much.

Still, I'll remain positive that Victory will feature a lot more of the First Civ and Modern day elements. Can but hope for a new modern protagonist. Dead Kings also seemed to leave a big hint that the Eve story thread is not dead yet. Fingers crossed I guess.

Megas_Doux
02-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Makes sense.....

With this annualization model, including modern stuff in EVERY game would dry their ideas for it rather quickly.

SixKeys
02-27-2015, 09:35 PM
If they indeed have a long-term plan this time and stick to it.....this could be great news. I hope we'll see a new 3rd person MD protagonist, first-person isn't much fun. Especially since Darby brings up the Monteriggioni part of ACB, which was so much fun precisely because you got to parkour around in both the historical and modern counterparts. If you're just a floating tablet strolling through the streets without the ability to interact with anything, that's going to be dull.

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2015, 10:33 PM
If you're just a floating tablet strolling through the streets without the ability to interact with anything, that's going to be dull.

I don't agree with this. Playing a 3rd person protagonist who reuses assets was dull because it always felt like a downgrade (it especially felt cheap when Revelations Desmond reused Altair's AC1 animations). There wasn't much to do besides lounging around. The most Monteriggioni had to offer was the same parkour playground with some hidden collectibles but it was nowhere as engaging as in the Animus. Exploring Abstergo and hacking computers or eavesdropping on other employees was more fun, IMO.

king-hailz
02-27-2015, 10:36 PM
The best thing about Monteriggioni was that it was a whole city for the modern day character... what the should think of is having a mini city from one district if London where all the modern day sh* t goes down..

Namikaze_17
02-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Hopefully we meet Galina... :o

SixKeys
02-27-2015, 10:44 PM
I don't agree with this. Playing a 3rd person protagonist who reuses assets was dull because it always felt like a downgrade (it especially felt cheap when Revelations Desmond reused Altair's AC1 animations). There wasn't much to do besides lounging around. The most Monteriggioni had to offer was the same parkour playground with some hidden collectibles but it was nowhere as engaging as in the Animus. Exploring Abstergo and hacking computers or eavesdropping on other employees was more fun, IMO.

I disagree on the Desmond stuff, obviously, but as for the floating tablet, I did say "without being able to interact with anything". AC4's hacking was fine because it took place in an office, but Darby seems to be talking about revisiting historical monuments in modern day. Imagine the modern day Colosseum in ACB without the ability to parkour on the structure. You would just be walking through a linear hallway, maybe press a few buttons to open some doors until you reached Juno's temple. Why even bother reusing assets if you're not going to do anything interesting with them?

JustPlainQuirky
02-27-2015, 10:46 PM
I still say go for transferrable customizable modern day character I.E. mass effect style

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2015, 11:19 PM
I disagree on the Desmond stuff, obviously, but as for the floating tablet, I did say "without being able to interact with anything". AC4's hacking was fine because it took place in an office, but Darby seems to be talking about revisiting historical monuments in modern day. Imagine the modern day Colosseum in ACB without the ability to parkour on the structure. You would just be walking through a linear hallway, maybe press a few buttons to open some doors until you reached Juno's temple. Why even bother reusing assets if you're not going to do anything interesting with them?

Well, that's essentially what we already got in Black Flag and Rogue, except replace the Colosseum with the restricted areas in Abstergo and you know my opinions on that. I believe this is where we have to agree to disagree.