PDA

View Full Version : Which throttle

BuzZz_WG
05-26-2004, 03:23 AM
I'm thinking about buying an entire chproducts HOTAS set. I noticed the pro throttle has no resemblance to any real-life throttle, which I think is a pity. I also noticed that it has no rotaries for antenna elevation (nice for modern sims) and no airbrake button.

So now I'm in doubt. I could buy the pro throttle and never miss those buttons, or be a handicapped pilot. I could also buy the Saitek x-45, but I didn't like the mimimum weight it has and it felt quite fragile. Is it that fragile and light? I tried the cougar, but I didn't like the stiffness of the spring in the joystick and the way it pulls to the corners. I love the lay-out, although I have rather small hands and couldn't reach everything very easily. I also loved the F-16 design. I hate to mod/repair a joystick after I spent 300 euros on it by the way.

So.. I'm in doubt and I would love to hear some advices. I know it has been asked before, but my main concern is the lack of buttons on the chproducts. Do you miss them?

BREAK! BREAK!
Nevermind...

BuzZz_WG
05-26-2004, 03:23 AM
I'm thinking about buying an entire chproducts HOTAS set. I noticed the pro throttle has no resemblance to any real-life throttle, which I think is a pity. I also noticed that it has no rotaries for antenna elevation (nice for modern sims) and no airbrake button.

So now I'm in doubt. I could buy the pro throttle and never miss those buttons, or be a handicapped pilot. I could also buy the Saitek x-45, but I didn't like the mimimum weight it has and it felt quite fragile. Is it that fragile and light? I tried the cougar, but I didn't like the stiffness of the spring in the joystick and the way it pulls to the corners. I love the lay-out, although I have rather small hands and couldn't reach everything very easily. I also loved the F-16 design. I hate to mod/repair a joystick after I spent 300 euros on it by the way.

So.. I'm in doubt and I would love to hear some advices. I know it has been asked before, but my main concern is the lack of buttons on the chproducts. Do you miss them?

BREAK! BREAK!
Nevermind...