PDA

View Full Version : Android - Player.Bin File location

FletchGL4
02-26-2015, 02:36 PM
Hi all

I am trying to locate the player.bin file on my android device. I have a HTC Desire X. Does anyone know where this can be found?

I have located the folder 'com.ubisoft.redlynx.trialsfrontier.ggp' but this doesn't appear to include the player.bin file.

Thank you in advance!

posthuman2
03-31-2015, 09:26 PM
Please, somebody, answer this question! How can we save and backup our local progress??

flooodi
04-01-2015, 06:23 AM
Well, it doesn't hurt to have a backup in case of problems... I would like to know also.

Fevves
04-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Got root? Use Titanium backup or Nandroid utility of your choice (perfectly legal method of backing up your apks and/or system), or... Manually browse through system partition with an adequate file manager. It's just a matter of c/p the proper files. Reinstating them manually yields the urge to fix permissions on them once reinstated in the original folder. I won't be trying this out now, as the latest glitch with reinstalling the game could block me out (should not, but anyway I can't afford to lose time).

No root? Sorry...

If all of this looks like some trash talk, then read some in an appropriate XDA forum section or use other forums to gain knowledge on root, howto's etc. we're on gaming forum so technicality should be left where it belongs ;)

Dunno if I should have posted this, I hope it's ok. If not, Mod can delete my post.

xitooner
04-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Mostly, I think that (for those that have rooted it), they just want to know the specific location via file manager. IOS-wise, player.bin seems to be the only truly important file, and there are plenty of posts (even from devs) about how to find player.bin for IOS... but none for Android).

flooodi
04-02-2015, 05:48 AM
Got root? Use Titanium backup or Nandroid utility of your choice (perfectly legal method of backing up your apks and/or system), or... Manually browse through system partition with an adequate file manager. It's just a matter of c/p the proper files. Reinstating them manually yields the urge to fix permissions on them once reinstated in the original folder. I won't be trying this out now, as the latest glitch with reinstalling the game could block me out (should not, but anyway I can't afford to lose time).

No root? Sorry...

If all of this looks like some trash talk, then read some in an appropriate XDA forum section or use other forums to gain knowledge on root, howto's etc. we're on gaming forum so technicality should be left where it belongs ;)

Dunno if I should have posted this, I hope it's ok. If not, Mod can delete my post.

Not rooted, so I think I have to just hope for the best.
Maybe I could try it with my old phone, if it allows to install frontier ;)

Fevves
04-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Mostly, I think that (for those that have rooted it), they just want to know the specific location via file manager. IOS-wise, player.bin seems to be the only truly important file, and there are plenty of posts (even from devs) about how to find player.bin for IOS... but none for Android).

root/data/data/com.ubisoft.redlynx.trialsfrontier.gpp/files/player.bin

Should be easily found by only using the search within file manager with root capabilities (i.e root explorer pro) if one is having the root. Then again, I'm backing up the whole folder out of precaution as I wouldn't want to lose my rider and maybe something else that could be stats dependable just in case of eventual fresh installation of the game. I'm also performing the weekly TiBu backup.

Not rooted, so I think I have to just hope for the best.
Maybe I could try it with my old phone, if it allows to install frontier ;)

If not, try manually installing it or even sideloading it.

Fevves
04-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Adding up: by only restoring this file, nothing much happened. The game haven't recognized me on a very fresh install.