PDA

View Full Version : Mission Complete

Zorro3
02-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi...
why do my missions never seem to end properly ?
i always have to escape to quit mission coz nothing happens,
i get mission complete message but the game just goes on ?

Zorro3
02-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi...
why do my missions never seem to end properly ?
i always have to escape to quit mission coz nothing happens,
i get mission complete message but the game just goes on ?

KGr.HH-Sunburst
02-23-2004, 03:11 PM
its you who desides when the mission ends
and its only normal to do it by escape and then hit apply..there is no other way

http://www.warhawks.tk/
http://www.digital-d.nl/fotos/sunburstsig.jpg

carguy_
02-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Heheh,yeah that`s a good thing.If you have fuel you can visit Stalingrad if you want to.

If the mission is really complete you should land at your airfield.Then hit `escape' - there should be a button with something like "end mission" sign.When the map with your progress will appear,hit apply.

If there won`t be any 'apply' option then something must have gone wrong during the sortie.

http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

Huxley_S
02-23-2004, 03:43 PM
You will find that many missions have a "hidden target" which is completed when you land back at base.

You can hit escape and end the mission at any time but to get maximum points you need to complete any objectives and for maximum points you'll want to achieve as many hidden targets as possible.

Therefore you should try to land back at base whenever possible.

I don't like the way missions end in this game... it is too open to abuse.

e.g. you're over enemy territory and your plane is too badly damaged to make it home. Hit escape and quit and "hooray!" you made it home.

- or -

There's a bandit on your six and it looks like he's going to shoot you down. Hit escape and quit and miraculously you didn't lose any planes!

Crazy! I'd really like to see this sorted out.

KGr.HH-Sunburst
02-23-2004, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Huxley_S:
You will find that many missions have a "hidden target" which is completed when you land back at base.

You can hit escape and end the mission at any time but to get maximum points you need to complete any objectives and for maximum points you'll want to achieve as many hidden targets as possible.

Therefore you should try to land back at base whenever possible.

I don't like the way missions end in this game... it is too open to abuse.

e.g. you're over enemy territory and your plane is too badly damaged to make it home. Hit escape and quit and "hooray!" you made it home.

- or -

There's a bandit on your six and it looks like he's going to shoot you down. Hit escape and quit and miraculously you didn't lose any planes!

Crazy! I'd really like to see this sorted out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

there is an option called NO INSTAND SUCCES when u got that ticked you need to land or have to complete the mission before you can proceed to the next mission

http://www.warhawks.tk/
http://www.digital-d.nl/fotos/sunburstsig.jpg

Zorro3
02-23-2004, 04:13 PM
thankz....i've only just started playing FB and i have no flying experience, but whatever game you play it should really give you a proper end of mission,
it's confusing,

eg; last night i completed my task, landed at the airfield got the hidden target, then i was just left waiting....so i am watching my colleagues land and one of them actualy crashed while taxi-ing on the side of the runway,
then when the next plane landed and started to taxi it crashed into the other ? so i lost two aircraft while waiting for a proper end of mission.

Huxley_S
02-23-2004, 04:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>there is an option called NO INSTAND SUCCES when u got that ticked you need to land or have to complete the mission before you can proceed to the next mission<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With No Instant Success - As long as the primary objective has been met that's it... landing is not necessary to complete the misssion. Therefore like I say if the primary objective is complete but there's no way your plane can possibly make it home (e.g. because it is too battered or there are too many bandits and you've got no ammo) you can still end the mission without losing the plane.

With No Instant Success unchecked you can end the mission as soon as you've left the runway and still complete the mission.

Like I say... crazy!

Huxley_S
02-23-2004, 04:18 PM
Zorro.

When you land - come to a complete stop, turn off the engine and hit escape.

There is no need to taxi off the runway or anything like that, as long as you're back at base that's all that counts.

Hanging around can cause the problems you just mentioned.

Zorro3
02-23-2004, 04:25 PM
ok thankz,
do you still get the hidden target...i mean just by landing on home turf.

Huxley_S
02-23-2004, 04:29 PM
usually yes... best make sure you follow the landing waypoints on the mini map because I've noticed that the hidden target is sometimes only triggered if you approach the runway from the correct direction.