PDA

View Full Version : Flight model difficulty??

Udidtoo
03-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Ok, here's the thing. 1st couple of hours on AEP I was slightly medicated with low dosage painkillers. My piloting skills are already questionable at best. I attributed my lack of performance to the Vics.
Now after almost 36 hours of testing different rides both TnB & BnZ I swear the flight model is back to the one I first fell in love with in IL 2, or closer to it anyway.
I had forgot what it was to have to watch out for spins and stalls in a Cobra. Each patch seems to have givin me the idea that I was improving. Maybe its just my imagination but the FM seems to be just a bit more demanding again and I like it. I shouldn't be able to just hop in any crate I pick and be Hartman incarnate. I like the fact that if you yank and crank that stick like a madman some of these birds will end your virtual life.
Any of the rest of you boys and girls feeling the difference in AEP?

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

Udidtoo
03-14-2004, 09:59 AM
Ok, here's the thing. 1st couple of hours on AEP I was slightly medicated with low dosage painkillers. My piloting skills are already questionable at best. I attributed my lack of performance to the Vics.
Now after almost 36 hours of testing different rides both TnB & BnZ I swear the flight model is back to the one I first fell in love with in IL 2, or closer to it anyway.
I had forgot what it was to have to watch out for spins and stalls in a Cobra. Each patch seems to have givin me the idea that I was improving. Maybe its just my imagination but the FM seems to be just a bit more demanding again and I like it. I shouldn't be able to just hop in any crate I pick and be Hartman incarnate. I like the fact that if you yank and crank that stick like a madman some of these birds will end your virtual life.
Any of the rest of you boys and girls feeling the difference in AEP?

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

Heavy_Weather
03-14-2004, 10:37 AM
yes you really have to watch how you fly, some of these birds will fall out of the sky just looking at them http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif for the most part i would say its the most realistic FM, for a game at least http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

"The wise man is often the man who plays dumb."