PDA

View Full Version : I like the 2.04 Patch

Jumoschwanz
07-23-2004, 10:13 AM
I always thought the fifties should be stronger. When you read the WWII pilots autobiographical books they always talked about how the six or eight fifties in the allied fighters would shred metal.

You read also much about the awesome destructive power of the axis cannons and how in any case it did not usually take much from the fifties or the cannons to destroy an aircraft.

I sure do not like flying agains the fifties. But I have always been mainly a 109 pilot in this sim and will always be, for better or worse.

I had a Il2 Sturmovik hang in the air on it's wingtip in front of me last night. I raked it with my three twenties from engine cowl, over the canopy to the tail at near point blank range . It flew away. Later on I hit one from a little below and behind at a greater distance with the same armament and it's wing came right off. I would believe there was this kind of inconsistency in actual combat too. Can you imagine the variables that existed? Too many to count.

B-17s seem easier to knock down to me now.

Another step forward for the world's greatest flight sim. Thanks to all those who busted their a$$ on this patch, S!

Jumoschwanz

Jumoschwanz
07-23-2004, 10:13 AM
I always thought the fifties should be stronger. When you read the WWII pilots autobiographical books they always talked about how the six or eight fifties in the allied fighters would shred metal.

You read also much about the awesome destructive power of the axis cannons and how in any case it did not usually take much from the fifties or the cannons to destroy an aircraft.

I sure do not like flying agains the fifties. But I have always been mainly a 109 pilot in this sim and will always be, for better or worse.

I had a Il2 Sturmovik hang in the air on it's wingtip in front of me last night. I raked it with my three twenties from engine cowl, over the canopy to the tail at near point blank range . It flew away. Later on I hit one from a little below and behind at a greater distance with the same armament and it's wing came right off. I would believe there was this kind of inconsistency in actual combat too. Can you imagine the variables that existed? Too many to count.

B-17s seem easier to knock down to me now.

Another step forward for the world's greatest flight sim. Thanks to all those who busted their a$$ on this patch, S!

Jumoschwanz