PDA

View Full Version : [Uplay_Shop] Buy or not to buy, that is the question

Pat_St-P
02-13-2015, 03:54 PM
I feel really upset this morning ...

What happens that as I am a fan of Assassin's Creed games I bought figurines and all the DLCs UNITY for games on PS4.
As the game has finally a multiplayer online mode. This is the opportunity to have exclusive elements relative to the other players.

But here's where we are today.

In addition to being very patient with this bug filled game.
And have redone the full game for a second time (DLC WITHOUT REVOLUTIONARY WEAPONS PACK that makes my game full of bug, that was unusable...).

UBISOFT now release a free DLC containing all promotional and preorder equipements weapons etc ...
But also exclucsives stuff included with figurines. That I just do not take it .... And without any communication from them.
This is clearly a scam.

As far as I know, the figures are still on sale in stores. But who will tell them the exclusive content he thinks he aen buying these figurines
are in fact free now ....

So why other DLCs are there always for sale ???

The Revolutionary Weapons DLC do so much bug in the game that it is unsable.... so notify all the players not to buy this DLC.
The Secret of the Revolution DLC. All weapons and equipment is found in the free pack Underground. So 6.99 for an additional mission only ...
far too expensive in my opinion.

UBISOFT, but especially your Community Manager in charge of this forum.
It's about time for a true communication to stop abusing people like that ...

What do you think about people who buy your products and then giving them free to all ...

What a fiasco management of specials, DLC and bug UNITY.
I really consider that UBISOFT just stole me 50$ of additionnal stuff with this game...
THEY ONLY HAVE NO RESPECT AT ALL FOR THEIR CONSUMMER !!!

UBISFOT should think about a refund plan for those in this situation. It think it's even worse that the season pass cancelation...

Alphacos007
02-13-2015, 04:24 PM
I am getting tired of this same post all over the forums, I've seen like 10 in the last 3 days. The money you paid was for the figurine itself, not for the outfit, the outfit comes as a bonus, and it was never garanteed that buying they would be only obtainable through that way.

Pat_St-P
02-13-2015, 04:37 PM
I am getting tired of this same post all over the forums, I've seen like 10 in the last 3 days. The money you paid was for the figurine itself, not for the outfit, the outfit comes as a bonus, and it was never garanteed that buying they would be only obtainable through that way.

If you open your eyes carefully and read like it should my post.... I'm not just talking about the figurine, but also about the broken DLCs and free DLCs that includes items sold in a previous DLC launch two week ago...

I admit that the figurine are concrete stuff that stays in our possession. But I still believe they should announce their intention. You find it normal that they give for free, something they were sold two or one weeks ago. And they still sell it right now. Without any explication ???

In fact, all the DLCs are a mix of all stuff sometime free sometimes sold... It's pretty confusing for the consumer.
This is why I say that it's nearly scams.

By the way I saw me too your post about tellin that you are so glad to have the outfits for free. Good for you.
But people receiving free stuff are rarely complaining... Think about people that paid for stuff sometimes.

Mr_Shade
02-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Just to address some of your concerns..

Secrets of the Revolution DLC didn't contain the items in the free pack?

Just to break it down..

Secrets of the Revolution

3 missions (1h of gameplay):

Chemical Revolution
American Prisoner
Killed by Science

6 Customisation Items:

Siege of Maastricht Hood
National Guard Trousers
Addorsed Eagle Belt
Athos Duel Shirt
Black Musketeer Breeches
La Tour d’Auvergne Bracer

8 weapons:

Maple Hunting Rifle
Over-Under Pistol
Razorhead Spear
Armorsplitter Axe
Parade Pistol
Pappenheimer Rapier
Hooked Impaler
Sabre of Honour

Underground Armory [free pack]
FREE ULC PACK

5 Weapons:

French Cavalry Pistol
Arno’s Duelling Pistol
Silver Crafted Pistol
French Cavalry Rapier
Spanish Cup Hilt Rapier

2 Customisation Items:

Leipzig Regiment Hood
Prussian Waistcoat
2 Full Outfits

So, different items /weapons etc?

The Underground Armory was always intended to be free, as a bonus for everyone.

While you may feel upset that people are able to acess the items that were included in the statues / figures - they were free for quite a while? - you paid for the statues/figure, not the codes?

While people now purchasing them, might not get the benefit of having exclusive access for those months, they still get a great item in the form of the Statues / figures - which is always going to remain. :)

Being unable to equip items and weapons is being addressed - in the mean time there is a workaround in the support forum - or - if you contact support.

Pat_St-P
02-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Just to address some of your concerns..

Secrets of the Revolution DLC didn't contain the items in the free pack?

While people now purchasing them, might not get the benefit of having exclusive access for those months, they still get a great item in the form of the Statues / figures - which is always going to remain. :)

Being unable to equip items and weapons is being addressed - in the mean time there is a workaround in the support forum - or - if you contact support.

If I can add some info also...

Secrets of the Revolution

3 missions (1h of gameplay):

Chemical Revolution included in limited edition as redeem code
American Prisoner preorder stuff, but I admit new for me
Killed by Science Uplay rewards.. don't tell me that somenone did'nt already unlock it by now...

So for real, for the majority of players, only 1 missions added

6 Customisation Items:

Siege of Maastricht Hood
National Guard Trousers uplay rewards
Addorsed Eagle Belt Uplay rewards
Athos Duel Shirt
Black Musketeer Breeches
La Tour d’Auvergne Bracer

8 weapons:

Maple Hunting Rifle
Over-Under Pistol
Razorhead Spear uplay rewards
Armorsplitter Axe uplay rewards
Parade Pistol
Pappenheimer Rapier
Hooked Impaler
Sabre of Honour uplay rewards

Underground Armory [free pack]
FREE ULC PACK

5 Weapons:

French Cavalry Pistol
Arno’s Duelling Pistol
Silver Crafted Pistol
French Cavalry Rapier
Spanish Cup Hilt Rapier EDGE promotional stuff

2 Customisation Items:

Leipzig Regiment Hood EDGE promotional stuff
Prussian Waistcoat EDGE promotional stuff
2 Full Outfits

My point is there is no way to really know what the DLC contains before buying them....
Why don't you admit that communication is lacking a bit...

Also, in my opinion why that all this stuff are basics items that we could only use at the beginning of the the game instead of being 5 diamond weapons with upgraded stats... At the end, it comes that players don't use it at all. Everyone use the same weapons, same outfits... etc...

I think that the attempt to join the real multiplayer game with player customizations and gears. It's a fail to me.
But it's a nice try.

Alphacos007
02-13-2015, 10:16 PM
By the way I saw me too your post about tellin that you are so glad to have the outfits for free. Good for you.
But people receiving free stuff are rarely complaining... Think about people that paid for stuff sometimes.

Just because I didn't buy one of the figurines, doesn't mean I haven't payd for anything. I bought a lot of stuff separately that later came free to the game, and I did not complain. At least I enjoyed them earlier.