PDA

View Full Version : FURIOUS (this post is for true fans)

ShootRawGuy
02-11-2015, 06:18 PM
What???? A new DLC????? For free????
What about those who paid to have the Arno's Fealess Outfit? What about those who have problems using their outfits and weapoins?? I still can't use my Arno's French Rapier and Arno's Dueling Pistol. I paied for them...LOL! This has been going on for 2 months. I have made several tickets. What is going on. AND....still Ubi**** sends out a mail to tell me how much they appreciate me going for the Guillotine Editon Pack and Season Pass. The Arno figurine and Elise Figurine is great btw, but I can only use Arno's Fearless outfit.
This has happened before. Ezio outfit!!!! Those of us working hard to unlock that in Initates, are NOW, no more special then a LEVEL 1 INITIATES!!!!
Why give a unique outfit away??? Is it a easy cheesy way out of complaining people??? Brag them???
-"Here take a outfit or two and some unique weapons. and shut up for a while!"
I will have refund for all my Unity content. I don't want a stupid old game like last time (still haven't picked one from the season pass). I also recommend all other players buying these exclusive items to do the same. Ubi gives 'em away for free anyways.
Wow I really feel like a true supportive fan now. I payed 3-4 times the price as normal editions. Why did I do such. I like the content, and for sure I like feeling unique. A unique weapon or a unique outfit. But NO. NOT anymore.

Alphacos007
02-11-2015, 08:16 PM
You didn't pay for the outfit, you paid for the Action Figure, the outfit comes as a bonus to people who buy the figure.
I can't argue with the glitch though, this should already had been fixed.

AherasSTRG
02-11-2015, 08:51 PM
I totally agree witht the OP. Ubisoft screwed up hard once more this year. They marketed the **** out of the game itself and all associated products only to reduce their value by selling faulty or dysfunctional pieces of software.

According to international and Canadian law, I am entitlted to a full refund, but as an individual I cannot afford to pursue it.

ShootRawGuy
02-11-2015, 08:52 PM
You didn't pay for the outfit, you paid for the Action Figure, the outfit comes as a bonus to people who buy the figure.
I can't argue with the glitch though, this should already had been fixed.

I know it's a bonus. I would say you pay for both as they announce the in-game content in the add.

TH3R4BB1T
02-11-2015, 09:25 PM
And I am just sitting here waiting for patch 5 and wondering what is left to be done after 99% (damn comp app missions) and 100% DK sync. The co-op got boring at the lack of variation in the missions, like another part of Paris with the same story. The club comp is glitched. So all hope for Rogue, although Ubi made me angry on the pre-order bonus missions you only get with digital and NOT with the hard copy and the CE (which was for PS3 and X360 in stores AND both had the missions too) is ONLY on the webshop. So more or less I think I will quit with Ubi as they f you all the time.

ShootRawGuy
02-11-2015, 10:43 PM
I am not sure I will follow Ubi's AC stories anymore. Or any games they make.
Some guys at work told me not to play Ubi-games cause they have a really bad support and politics towards their customers. I did ignore them because I had no problems on with my other games. I do see what they ment now thou.

YazX_
02-13-2015, 12:03 AM
I totally agree witht the OP. Ubisoft screwed up hard once more this year. They marketed the **** out of the game itself and all associated products only to reduce their value by selling faulty or dysfunctional pieces of software.

According to international and Canadian law, I am entitlted to a full refund, but as an individual I cannot afford to pursue it.

well it seems you have never read T&C when you signed up for UPlay, you are not entitled to do or get anything, i would suggest reading Ubisoft T&C for more details so you can be aware of what you have signed up for, its not only Ubisoft, all other gaming companies have similar rules.

To OP, Unity had rough release, so everything planned from DLCs and extra contents have been changed, its not like for every game, but this has been done to compensate the players who have problems with the game, i know and understand what you are saying, but on the other hand you got "free full game" with your season pass in addition to other paid DLCs (weapons DLC, i forgot the name) and also you will get AC:Chronicles of china as well. and for the price you paid, you paid that much for the figurine so its fair trade IMO.

i see it as nice move from Ubisoft rather than bad one, sorry you do feel this way.

ghost--pirate
02-13-2015, 12:14 AM
well it seems you have never read T&C when you signed up for UPlay, you are not entitled to do or get anything, i would suggest reading Ubisoft T&C for more details so you can be aware of what you have signed up for.

Rubbish....Ubisoft's T&C are superseded by the individual nations trading laws. Ubisoft can put anything they like in their T&C but they still have to abide by trading laws, and a lot of people think they have broken them......

YazX_
02-13-2015, 12:42 AM
Rubbish....Ubisoft's T&C are superseded by the individual nations trading laws. Ubisoft can put anything they like in their T&C but they still have to abide by trading laws, and a lot of people think they have broken them......

i'm not sure about that, i think they can add whatever they want and it should stand as long as it doesn't contradict with an already defined rule(s) in the trading law, these T&C were carefully written by a group of specialized lawyers so i dont think they would add something useless and wont stand. as far as i know, softwares and especially games are not covered by these laws, not sure if still this way though. unfortunately what people think might be far from what they are entitled to.

Anyway, do note that this is my personal opinion (read my signature disclaimer) and i dont want to drag this into off-topic thing, so lets get back on topic.

Fatal-Feit
02-13-2015, 06:05 AM
ULCs shouldn't have existed in the first place. This is what happens when you throw DLCs all over the place.

ghost--pirate
02-13-2015, 09:38 AM
i'm not sure about that, i think they can add whatever they want and it should stand as long as it doesn't contradict with an already defined rule(s) in the trading law, these T&C were carefully written by a group of specialized lawyers so i dont think they would add something useless and wont stand. as far as i know, softwares and especially games are not covered by these laws, not sure if still this way though. unfortunately what people think might be far from what they are entitled to.

Anyway, do note that this is my personal opinion (read my signature disclaimer) and i dont want to drag this into off-topic thing, so lets get back on topic.

Thats my point. Selling a broken product and refusing refunds DOES break trading laws (at least in the UK), software is covered by UK trading laws just like every product sold here, Ubisoft seem to be ignoring these laws.
I Pre purchased both Unity and Far Cry 4 and neither have ever worked properly, i just wish Ubisoft had a bit more respect for their pc customers (even if they are only 9% of their sales)

ShootRawGuy
02-13-2015, 10:12 AM
YazX, stop being so blinded by Ubisoft.
My Mastercard provider said I can cancel this trade. I got a broken product, I did make several tickets. Not an answer in months. The worst part is those who got these unique items for free can use them. I who paid for them can't. See my point here.
What Ubisoft does with the season pass free gift is a fraud. They put a eula on the free game which tells us we don't have rights to sue them if we pick one of the games. I did not pick one, cause they was old or I simply did not want them. Most of the lemmings own this Unity was thrilled to have another free game, and did not even read the eula. They simply dance to Ubisofts sweet music.

ghost--pirate
02-13-2015, 11:53 AM
I think we're probably wasting our time, Ubisoft refuse to comment and moderators will defend them to the end despite the facts. Do you remember last year Ubisoft releasing a statement stating they would "do better by pc Gamers", since then i've had at least 4 broken games. This is either very deceitful marketing or utter incompetence, either way like many others, i won't ever purchase an Ubisoft product again.
Best of luck for the future Ubisoft, i think your gonna need it....

Mr_Shade
02-13-2015, 11:57 AM
My Mastercard provider said I can cancel this trade. I got a broken product, I did make several tickets. Not an answer in months. .
Well something went wrong there, since support would answer, if only to give you troubleshooting in thew first contact.

Please PM me with your ticket number and I'll get someone to look into it asap.

Equipment / weapon issues - are being investigated and there is a work around you can do presently to use the items - details are in the support forum or given by support.

YazX_
02-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Thats my point. Selling a broken product and refusing refunds DOES break trading laws (at least in the UK), software is covered by UK trading laws just like every product sold here, Ubisoft seem to be ignoring these laws.
I Pre purchased both Unity and Far Cry 4 and neither have ever worked properly, i just wish Ubisoft had a bit more respect for their pc customers (even if they are only 9% of their sales)

i'm not denying that the game has bugs and issues, but i will be honest with you here, most of these issues have been fixed in the first couple of months, the game received 4 patches in the first month, patch 2 included over than 300 fixes, to be able to push such high extent of fixes in short time means that the whole company was working to fix Unity's problems even devs who never worked on the game and tells us that Ubisoft is really committed to fix the game.

Now, regarding broken product, for physical goods its easy to tell whats broken and whats not, for softwares and games, there are no bugs free software and i'm sure these laws took this into consideration, again i'm not denying that the game has issues and bugs, but i wonder what are the measurements in place for these laws to determine a broken software?

YazX, stop being so blinded by Ubisoft.
My Mastercard provider said I can cancel this trade. I got a broken product, I did make several tickets. Not an answer in months. The worst part is those who got these unique items for free can use them. I who paid for them can't. See my point here.
What Ubisoft does with the season pass free gift is a fraud. They put a eula on the free game which tells us we don't have rights to sue them if we pick one of the games. I did not pick one, cause they was old or I simply did not want them. Most of the lemmings own this Unity was thrilled to have another free game, and did not even read the eula. They simply dance to Ubisofts sweet music.

i'm not blinded by Ubisoft, i bought the game same as you, ran it before patches and had alot of problems, after the first month and 4 patches, the game became alot better and i finished it 100% sync with no problems, however, you are facing problems and i'm not saying otherwise and furious that you cannot use the items you paid for while others can use them for free, i do get from where you are coming from and you have the right to be angry, but perhaps if you tried to let me know your technical problem then i might be able to help you if it has nothing to do with account and keys.

Now for free game, you say its fraud and old games, the way I PERSONALLY SEE IT is you accept to get a full 60$ game in-compensation for Unity's problems at launch, therefore you are not entitled to take any legal actions since you have accepted this compensation which makes sense, if you don't want this compensation then don't accept it. and they are not old games, AC4 released in NOV 2013, Watch dogs in May 2014, FC4 NOV 2014 ,...... so they offered the most recent released games.

Anyway, as i said earlier, if you have technical issues and problems perhaps you could share them with us as i might be able to help out and remember that Patch 5 is in the works and we will have info about it soon by Community Managers.

ShootRawGuy
02-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Well something went wrong there, since support would answer, if only to give you troubleshooting in thew first contact.

Please PM me with your ticket number and I'll get someone to look into it asap.

Equipment / weapon issues - are being investigated and there is a work around you can do presently to use the items - details are in the support forum or given by support.

Tnx Mr_Shade!
I will send them right away!!

i'm not blinded by Ubisoft, i bought the game same as you, ran it before patches and had alot of problems, after the first month and 4 patches, the game became alot better and i finished it 100% sync with no problems, however, you are facing problems and i'm not saying otherwise and furious that you cannot use the items you paid for while others can use them for free, i do get from where you are coming from and you have the right to be angry, but perhaps if you tried to let me know your technical problem then i might be able to help you if it has nothing to do with account and keys.

Now for free game, you say its fraud and old games, the way I PERSONALLY SEE IT is you accept to get a full 60$ game in-compensation for Unity's problems at launch, therefore you are not entitled to take any legal actions since you have accepted this compensation which makes sense, if you don't want this compensation then don't accept it. and they are not old games, AC4 released in NOV 2013, Watch dogs in May 2014, FC4 NOV 2014 ,...... so they offered the most recent released games.

Anyway, as i said earlier, if you have technical issues and problems perhaps you could share them with us as i might be able to help out and remember that Patch 5 is in the works and we will have info about it soon by Community Managers.

Ok. About the games given. I got both Watch Dogs and AC4 Black Flag. Far Cry is not my kind of game. So I refuse to accept the EULA they put on the "free game"
I don't care about a $60 game. I don't want a refund on my Guillotine Case either. The items in that case is amazing. I simply want a compensation on my Arno the Fearless and Elise figurines, and most of all.....Make the items work!!!!
You ask for technical problems.....

http://youtu.be/sgX9z4SbXS8

ghost--pirate
02-13-2015, 12:36 PM
Seriously, 300 fixes, nearly all of them were for console's. ACU worked ok with patch 3 for me but it has since been broken again, lets hope the next patch can fix it agian.
As for the bugs in software, as a software engineer i completely agree with you but these games are not sold with "may contain bugs" and should work to a certain standard or the consumer is entiled to a full refund, it should be our choice to accept a free game instead, by denying us that choice our consumer rights have been broken. Its terrible business also, i believe most would have take the with the free game with a promise to fix the software, Ubisoft could have shown it does care about it customers instead they have become as hated as EA were a few years ago. We all just want to be treated fairly after all, and a lot of us feel ripped off. (especially after the statement i mentioned)

gloops1
02-13-2015, 12:51 PM
I have bought some weapons and have not received them as far as I'm aware. My account does not show any purchase? I have receipt by e-mail but no answer from Ubi as to where my pistols are? I don't think one can get them until you get the 'abilities'! Can anyone throw some light here plz???

YazX_
02-13-2015, 06:04 PM
I have bought some weapons and have not received them as far as I'm aware. My account does not show any purchase? I have receipt by e-mail but no answer from Ubi as to where my pistols are? I don't think one can get them until you get the 'abilities'! Can anyone throw some light here plz???

Please PM Mr_Shade with your support ticket number so he can investigate.

Ok. About the games given. I got both Watch Dogs and AC4 Black Flag. Far Cry is not my kind of game. So I refuse to accept the EULA they put on the "free game"
I don't care about a $60 game. I don't want a refund on my Guillotine Case either. The items in that case is amazing. I simply want a compensation on my Arno the Fearless and Elise figurines, and most of all.....Make the items work!!!!

Unfortunately this is a bug and has been reported several times on forums but people affected need to make sure to report it to support so they can forward it to the team to fix, i'm sorry but i cannot help in this case since devs have to fix this in the game.

Seriously, 300 fixes, nearly all of them were for console's. ACU worked ok with patch 3 for me but it has since been broken again, lets hope the next patch can fix it agian.
As for the bugs in software, as a software engineer i completely agree with you but these games are not sold with "may contain bugs" and should work to a certain standard or the consumer is entiled to a full refund, it should be our choice to accept a free game instead, by denying us that choice our consumer rights have been broken. Its terrible business also, i believe most would have take the with the free game with a promise to fix the software, Ubisoft could have shown it does care about it customers instead they have become as hated as EA were a few years ago. We all just want to be treated fairly after all, and a lot of us feel ripped off. (especially after the statement i mentioned)

Please do note that XB1 and PC share the same D3D11 API, so any fix for XB1 will also be reflected on PC, and actually MS will enable cross-platform gaming between PC and XB1 with windows 10 since both of them will be using same DirectX API, but also Devs have to implement this as well in game as well, anyway thats for another topic. now for the bugs, there are still global bugs that affect everyone or large portion of gamers, i wish i have info about the next patch but the only thing confirmed by CMs for now is the next patch is in the works and details will be revealed soon.

Sorry guys, as a gamer and customer myself i feel your pain and from where you are coming from, but we all share something here that we do know Ubisoft make great games and thats why we are buying their games, unfortunately the release of ACU was not smooth but hopefully the next patch will address most of the remaining issues.

ACE7492
02-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Hey YazX, I see you on here doing a lot of good trying to help others, and I think its a good thing, but you say:

Sorry guys, as a gamer and customer myself i feel your pain and from where you are coming from, but we all share something here that we do know Ubisoft make great games and thats why we are buying their games, unfortunately the release of ACU was not smooth but hopefully the next patch will address most of the remaining issues.

I think you are almost right, Ubi used to make great games, and as customers we still expect the same level of quality and commitment to making games that work on the first day. I'm not being unrealistic, I know any new game is going to have some small issues. But my game and many others DID NOT work on the first day I had it, and for many it still isn't working. 4 patches in such a short time and still having all these problems speaks volumes to this games quality.

TH3R4BB1T
02-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Hey YazX, I see you on here doing a lot of good trying to help others, and I think its a good thing, but you say:

I think you are almost right, Ubi used to make great games, and as customers we still expect the same level of quality and commitment to making games that work on the first day. I'm not being unrealistic, I know any new game is going to have some small issues. But my game and many others DID NOT work on the first day I had it, and for many it still isn't working. 4 patches in such a short time and still having all these problems speaks volumes to this games quality.

I really hope Division is not broken at the first day of release. But I already cancelled 2 out of three games from Ubi (both AC) and thinking if I should cancel R6 too. It is more the fear of another broken game and having to wait for patches.

TR.Misterscruff
02-13-2015, 07:45 PM
I'm not happy the game is broken far from it, but I have gone past that and have tried to enjoy it for what it is. Will it stop me buying games from ubisoft afraid not, reason I hope they have fixed the next one and play like it's suppose to. Am I wrong ? In my opinion...no I love game and maybe that's the fault.

ACE7492
02-13-2015, 08:02 PM
I have gone past it too. I found some enjoyment out of Unity. But compared to a lot of their other games from the past, I saw less quality. I think its great if you still want to support them after Unity. But, as a customer paying money for a product, we all have a responsibility to demand a high level of quality and accountability from the companies we purchase games from. I have bought all the AC titles and like you I would like to hope they learn from this one, but they still have to be held to a standard of excellence that they created with a great series of games. The reason people are so opinionated on this forum is because there are so many fans of the series who expect quality over quantity. Adding a game a year with bugs and problems speaks to quantity.

Pat_St-P
02-13-2015, 08:41 PM
What???? A new DLC????? For free????
What about those who paid to have the Arno's Fealess Outfit? What about those who have problems using their outfits and weapoins?? I still can't use my Arno's French Rapier and Arno's Dueling Pistol. I paied for them...LOL! This has been going on for 2 months. I have made several tickets. What is going on. AND....still Ubi**** sends out a mail to tell me how much they appreciate me going for the Guillotine Editon Pack and Season Pass. The Arno figurine and Elise Figurine is great btw, but I can only use Arno's Fearless outfit.
This has happened before. Ezio outfit!!!! Those of us working hard to unlock that in Initates, are NOW, no more special then a LEVEL 1 INITIATES!!!!
Why give a unique outfit away??? Is it a easy cheesy way out of complaining people??? Brag them???
-"Here take a outfit or two and some unique weapons. and shut up for a while!"
I will have refund for all my Unity content. I don't want a stupid old game like last time (still haven't picked one from the season pass). I also recommend all other players buying these exclusive items to do the same. Ubi gives 'em away for free anyways.
Wow I really feel like a true supportive fan now. I payed 3-4 times the price as normal editions. Why did I do such. I like the content, and for sure I like feeling unique. A unique weapon or a unique outfit. But NO. NOT anymore.

Totally agree with you !!! Not acceptable. I'm in the same position as you.

ghost--pirate
02-13-2015, 10:21 PM
YazX, the interface (api) has absolutely nothing to do with the problem. Perhaps its problems/errors within the Anvil engine or maybe its because pc's dont have unified memory and consoles do, who knows.... my point is simply that a lot of people use torrent sites to get games for free and those of us who actually PAY for them expect much better customer service, its not just ACU, its FC4, Watch dogs, even older games like Ghost recon future soldier, all of these still have serious problems which most of us doubt will ever get fixed.... this is unacceptable and a real same as Ubisoft did use to make good games which worked.....Rant over..:nonchalance:

Fathermadman
02-14-2015, 12:15 AM
Tnx Mr_Shade!
I will send them right away!!

http://youtu.be/sgX9z4SbXS8

Sadly I'm having this very exact same issue and nothing seems to fix the issue. I have tried a reinstall of the game, even went as far and throwing it on a freshly imaged system other than my primary system to see if it would resolve the issue. Nothing at all have resolved this and it is sad to say it looks to be corrupted save/profile. Not sure how Ubi is going to fix that unless the corruption of the save game/profile is the same issue on all players accounts.

ShootRawGuy
02-14-2015, 12:23 AM
...we do know Ubisoft make great games and thats why we are buying their games,
Well that strategy ended at UNITY....LEL!!!

+1

I really hope Division is not broken at the first day of release. But I already cancelled 2 out of three games from Ubi (both AC) and thinking if I should cancel R6 too. It is more the fear of another broken game and having to wait for patches.
I am very divided what to do now. Should I jump of this Ubisoft wagon, or should I stay? I love the AC-games. Love its story. I'm curious about Division and R6. I liked Vegas2. All the trouble I had in Unity made me question myself if its worth wasting money on. Now I don't see it as a fun investment anymore. A place I can go and relax and have fun, escape from the real world. Unity have made me soooo furious. I got past the furious part. Club competition got boring and all these outfit and weapon bugs have made me really furious again lately.

strigoi1958
02-14-2015, 01:49 PM
I can understand why some people would be angry... having paid for a limited edition with limited gear and then when they cannot wear it because it is locked, I guess it makes it worse that it is no longer exclusive and I can wear the Arno fearless outfit but having paid only 26 for the basic game. Maybe Ubi will give them a token discount off another limited edition or collectible... or a code for limited weapons in Rogue or AC victory....

http://i59.tinypic.com/29bn6sg.jpg

TR.Misterscruff
02-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Totally agree about getting angry... Just getting what I paid would be nice it's not about wanting something else. I paid to get that extra content and like you say those who just bought the basic have all benefited which is totally wrong.

Sdwakias
02-14-2015, 03:25 PM

Don't ever mention UK, please. Their laws suck.. How can they allow you to get a refund for a game you bought AND played? I don't care if someone played it for half an hour or 10 minutes. It's like buying an underwear, wearing it and THEN demand a refund. An in the case of games, it's not like you can't find a way to check them out. From gameplay videos to benchmarks to anything else, you know exactly how a game is. Pre-ordering is also like gambling. You buy it without knowing anything, you shouldn't whine later about it.

As for "I demand a refund because the game is broken"... You shouldn't. Broken or not, it's a game and the developers are the ones who decide when the game is complete or not. This is why you don't pre-order and don't buy if you see a game has negative reviews.

Lastly, international and regional laws are not important for a big company that know what lawyers to hire. After all, think of it like this... You promise to someone you'll give them 100 Euros in 1 month if they give you 80 now. You even sign a contrast about it. If you decide not to pay back, the person who paid can take you to the court and he will win. The catch here is that if we consider the undeniable human rights and other laws, the one who signed the contrast and didn't pay back could easily win the court. But no, this is not how things work. When you promise something, when you agree with something, when sign something, NO LAW OR RIGHT CAN MAKE YOU LATER BE INNOCENT IF YOU ABIDE THOSE THINGS YOU SAID/SIGNED.

ghost--pirate
02-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Don't ever mention UK, please. Their laws suck.. .
That is a fairly childish comment..
The UK Consumer Rights Bill is written with a certain amount of ambiguity so either party can believe their in the right, i doubt anyone on these forums has the expertise to lecture some else on the law...
Also I never did actually demand a refund, i think Ubisoft should have offered one though, as for whining about broken software, I'm bored of discussing it now and wont be posting again, its falling on deaf or childish ignorant ears.....;)

ShootRawGuy
02-14-2015, 07:04 PM
Don't ever mention UK, please. Their laws suck.. How can they allow you to get a refund for a game you bought AND played? I don't care if someone played it for half an hour or 10 minutes. It's like buying an underwear, wearing it and THEN demand a refund. An in the case of games, it's not like you can't find a way to check them out. From gameplay videos to benchmarks to anything else, you know exactly how a game is. Pre-ordering is also like gambling. You buy it without knowing anything, you shouldn't whine later about it.

As for "I demand a refund because the game is broken"... You shouldn't. Broken or not, it's a game and the developers are the ones who decide when the game is complete or not. This is why you don't pre-order and don't buy if you see a game has negative reviews.

Lastly, international and regional laws are not important for a big company that know what lawyers to hire. After all, think of it like this... You promise to someone you'll give them 100 Euros in 1 month if they give you 80 now. You even sign a contrast about it. If you decide not to pay back, the person who paid can take you to the court and he will win. The catch here is that if we consider the undeniable human rights and other laws, the one who signed the contrast and didn't pay back could easily win the court. But no, this is not how things work. When you promise something, when you agree with something, when sign something, NO LAW OR RIGHT CAN MAKE YOU LATER BE INNOCENT IF YOU ABIDE THOSE THINGS YOU SAID/SIGNED.

LOL!
Remind me not to hire you.
What you are saying is no one should be the first to try this game or any game at all. We should all wait and watch the reviewers. Who will be the first one to do such?? So being the first one to "BUY" it, he has no rights??? Funny way seeing things!
Comparing underwear and software is not classified under the same laws. I agree you can't come back next day and say these panties has some skid marks.
I recent got my Nexus 6. I had it for a few hours and the "google app" made some bugs. A lot of faults. I went back to the dealer and he called Motorola and asked what to do. Motorola said they have a swap policy for devices this new. They had 12 days DOA swap policy. Most brands have this. If its a reciever, a microwave, tv or what ever. Why do they? They wanna be there for their customers.
Have you ever heard Adobe releasing a faulty version of Creative Suite? Thats software.