PDA

View Full Version : Does changing cpu to latest gen improve the frame rate/gameplay in ac unity ?

Freyr1983
02-09-2015, 03:38 AM
Hi all ,

I know i have post lot of tech question on which graphic or hardware to run well in unity in ultra setting (if possible with a good frame rate)

As the title said will latest gen cpu can make your frame rate or game play much better ?

in Unity and black flag?

P.S my blackflag still can play well on best setting but with shuttering after playing awhile.

I do hope any tech expert can advice/help me on this

Thanks

><

strigoi1958
02-09-2015, 05:07 AM
a combination of cpu and gpu is needed... 6 core and 8 core cpu's do not give any real advantage in current games so a quad core would be ok at present but we do not know what the future holds... better to get a fairly good Cpu and a very good Gpu.

I have a i5 3570k which is overclocked to a stable 4.2 Ghz but yo can get a 4th generation i5 4690k for the same price.

As for GPU's well AMD and Nvidia both throw out shocking drivers all year round with a few exceptions... I have a gtx970 and it's a stepping stone for me (and probably for Nvidia as well) they are phasing out the 700 series so you might find a bargain GTX780 or something similar.

I do not have much knowledge of AMD cards so I cannot recommend anything.

Freyr1983
02-09-2015, 05:53 AM
a combination of cpu and gpu is needed... 6 core and 8 core cpu's do not give any real advantage in current games so a quad core would be ok at present but we do not know what the future holds... better to get a fairly good Cpu and a very good Gpu.

I have a i5 3570k which is overclocked to a stable 4.2 Ghz but yo can get a 4th generation i5 4690k for the same price.

As for GPU's well AMD and Nvidia both throw out shocking drivers all year round with a few exceptions... I have a gtx970 and it's a stepping stone for me (and probably for Nvidia as well) they are phasing out the 700 series so you might find a bargain GTX780 or something similar.

I do not have much knowledge of AMD cards so I cannot recommend anything.

I already have gtx 970 but for cpu i using i7 2nd gen cpu but is non oc version.

So if i want to get a latest gen cpu. i will need to change my motherboard too as my current motherboard do not support the latest gen of cpu :(

I need to be sure if the latest gen cpu will help in performance in ac unity before i go and get a new motherboard and cpu.

strigoi1958
02-09-2015, 11:37 AM
If your CPU already matches or exceeds a 2500 then I personally would not upgrade at the moment... Others have said there is an improvement so it is still your choice... I only notice a very small FPS jump from overclocking but my system and multi tasking is a lot quicker.

Anykeyer
02-09-2015, 12:28 PM
The answer depends on your current CPU.
And ofc if you have AMD instead of CPU you should consider switching.

YazX_
02-09-2015, 12:33 PM
you got i7 sandy bridge, its more than enough, currently if you monitor CPU usage you will find out that the total usage is 50%, this is unlikely to change unless if devs switched to DX12, and this will take some time and even by then your CPU will be probably fine.

dargor5
02-09-2015, 04:46 PM
I OCed my cpu from 3.2 to 4.2 and it did make a diference so the answer is yes, but, as others stated, getting a top tier cpu will not do that much of a good

Freyr1983
02-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Hi all,

Ok so the best is save the money 1st ?

wish my i7 2nd gen cpu can oc :(

USAdystopia
02-10-2015, 07:18 PM
The answer depends on your current CPU.
And ofc if you have AMD instead of CPU you should consider switching.

You don't know what you are talking about...so stop MAKING STUFF UP!

Anykeyer
02-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Kid, this is irrelevant, we already figured out he didnt make a mistake by purchasng AMD. So there is no need to be silly.

YazX_
02-10-2015, 09:01 PM
folks please be civil, no need for personal attacks and flaming.