PDA

View Full Version : Joystick question

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 01:06 AM
I have just downloaded the demo tonight and I am using a Saitek Rumble Force joystick. First impressions - this isnt bad. I am having a problem with the controller being overly sensitive. I feel like the plane is overly reponsive like a jet. Is this normal? I am sure I am missing something. Should I just trash this controller and buy an X45? I am looking forward to getting the full version this weekend but I want to have the controller problems worked out so I can just enjoy the game. Any ideas?

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 01:06 AM
I have just downloaded the demo tonight and I am using a Saitek Rumble Force joystick. First impressions - this isnt bad. I am having a problem with the controller being overly sensitive. I feel like the plane is overly reponsive like a jet. Is this normal? I am sure I am missing something. Should I just trash this controller and buy an X45? I am looking forward to getting the full version this weekend but I want to have the controller problems worked out so I can just enjoy the game. Any ideas?

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 01:15 AM
you can go into the controller set up and reduce the sticks sensitivity to suit your needs, its a link off the main loading screen, u will not regret buying the game either version, the demo is the original il2 game i believe, but the forgotten battles second edition gives you a lot more to use /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif there is also a ***** coming out for it soon to make it even better...... oh that word was p a t c h but its a bit of a swear word around here hehehehehe /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
in house joke, a ubi one at our expense /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:39 AM
Scruff12;

Welcome to the most immersive, challenging, realistic WW II prop sim. I had the same difficultys as you with the demo.

Try this:

For those who experience difficulties controlling aircraft with the default joystick profile (axis sensitivity curves in the Input menu), we provide sensitivity curves that we found more suitable for most of the modern input devices.

To set up the curves, go to the Input menu under the Hardware Setup in the Main Menu, and adjust the values according the following chart:

Pitch:

0 5 10 17 25 33 43 54 71 100

Roll:

0 3 7 15 25 35 50 66 84 100

Yaw:

0 8 19 29 39 51 62 75 86 100

These settings helped me keep a steady hand on the stick.

After playing the demo for a couple of days you'll probably run to the store and get the full monty.

Have fun!

Message Edited on 07/30/0306:39PM by rexcarrs

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:41 AM
if you do soften the stick sensitivity make sure you always trim elevator before shooting so you are shooting from the softened zone of the stick

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:59 AM
thanks - i will try those settings and see how it works.

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 04:53 AM
You can also try getting an X45 anyway and using it with your other stick.... FB supports multiple sticks. You can use the X45 stick for it's buttons and the throttle for what it is...and it's buttons..adding tremendously to your immersion.

<CENTER>http://www.world-wide-net.com/tuskegeeairmen/ta-1943.jpg <marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"Straighten up.......Fly right..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee> http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat

<CENTER><FONT COLOR="ORANGE">vflyer@comcast.net<FONT COLOR>
<Center><div style="width:200;color:red;font-size:18pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=red,strength=8)">99th Pursuit Squadron