PDA

View Full Version : How agree? Ubisoft should refund or compensate for Revolutionary Armaments DLC

Pat_St-P
02-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Who think that UBISOFT should refund or compensate in an another way those who bought the Revolutionary Armaments DLC.

I think that It is clear by now that all the problems we had / or still have with the use of certain weapon. Is due to the installation of this DLC...
Like many others already shared on this forum. I had so many problem with the selection of some weapons of Dead Kings or other regular bought and unlocked weapon.
I was so frustrated and exasperated. That I restarted my game from scratch by reinstalling the game completely but not the Revolutionary Armaments pack DLC.
Everything runs flawlessly by now. All unlocked weapons / bought / Dead kings weapons are selectable.

UBISOFT keep in mind that this is very annoying because we have to redownload all the udpates and Dead kings too (many GIGABYTES...).

So now, I found myself with a bought DLC (2.99$) that I cannot use. In fact, yes I can use it but it's impossible without messing all my savegame...

So I realy think that UBISOFT should at least try something to resolve the problem or try by a way satisfy us for our waste of money.

UBISOFT are telling us to communicate with Sony or Microsoft if we are not satisfied... WTH ???
The problem is not that it's not working. The problem is that it is wrongly coded...

If you are not satisfied from UBISOFT let them hear you...

RADAR__4077
02-06-2015, 02:00 AM
I feel for you. I almost bought it, but decided to wait after seeing all of the glitches because I didn't want to add to the problems.

Telling you it's not their problem is BS.

They need to show alot more concern for the customer and take responsibility for their mistakes before they get another penny from me.

JustPlainQuirky
02-06-2015, 02:07 AM
Havent touched Unity in so long.

Only havent traded it in because I couldnt get a refund for my season pass and am waiting on chronicles.

I honestly hate owning it. It's embarrassing.

Elite1111111111
02-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Hmm I'll have to try uninstalling that pack and see what happens.

beastrock18
02-06-2015, 06:41 PM
Uninstalling doesn't fix the pack. I cannot believe that Ubisoft hasn't even really addressed this, let alone fixed it. The closest there has been to an acknowledgement are a few vague forum posting by mods with the usual corporate-speak ("send ticket to support, no info on future patches at this time, yadda yadda.")

And yet there is still a sticky thread advertising this BROKEN pack on the general discussion page?!!?! SERIOUSLY? My opinion of Ubisoft keeps sinking lower and lower.

Elite1111111111
02-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Uninstalling doesn't fix the pack. I cannot believe that Ubisoft hasn't even really addressed this, let alone fixed it. The closest there has been to an acknowledgement are a few vague forum posting by mods with the usual corporate-speak ("send ticket to support, no info on future patches at this time, yadda yadda.")

And yet there is still a sticky thread advertising this BROKEN pack on the general discussion page?!!?! SERIOUSLY? My opinion of Ubisoft keeps sinking lower and lower.

Uninstalling the pack does however (at least for me) seem to fix the base game weapons not unlocking (of the few I've tested)

beastrock18
02-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Right, same for me... what it doesn't fix, however, is the content that people are paying real money for and instead receive nothing in return. And the fact the UBI continues to advertise something that is known to be broken is just absurd.

And this isn't the same as releasing a somewhat glitchy game that more or less provides one with the experience that was intended. Here, Ubi promised a set of concrete items, people paid real dollars (or euros) for those items, and those items were not delivered. And when people complain about this, they are met with near total silence. Consider me dumbfounded (and pretty seriously pissed).

Pat_St-P
02-06-2015, 07:39 PM
Come on MODS... Why don't you react to this thread...

Because you know that the Revolutionary Armaments DLC causes many problems to the game and you don't want to admit it.
Only because you don't want to loose your faces, for a broken DLC that people have bought and they cannot use it well.

And the insult above all this is that this DLC is still in circulation on the store...

Come UBI react to this and let all players know your real intention are ???

MenocidiX
02-06-2015, 08:12 PM
let all players know your real intention are ???
You don't need Ubi to answer this.

http://i.imgur.com/y5GKqwU.gif

Jish_01
02-06-2015, 08:35 PM
How do you uninstall the DLC?

Pat_St-P
02-06-2015, 09:22 PM
How do you uninstall the DLC?

Don't know on wich console you are. But like I said on PS4 it' very annoying.

first you have to make a backup of your save on a USB stick.

Then delete Unity completely from your library.

Reinstall the game from disc or redownload game if it's digital version.

Redownload updates.

Redownload Dead Kings.

So plan many many gigabytes and time for this depending on your interent speed.

But DO NOT redownload and install Revolutionary Armaments Extension.

unfortunately we cannot just delete an extension on PS4. It would be to easy I think... ;-)

Jish_01
02-07-2015, 01:20 AM
Can I reinstall my saved data? Or are you saying start from complete scratch?

Pat_St-P
02-07-2015, 01:23 AM
Can I reinstall my saved data? Or are you saying start from complete scratch?

in fact you down need to touch at all your savegame data....
I told to make a backup on a USB only to make sure you lose nothing.

So no, reinstalling game will not make you restart from scratch....

Jish_01
02-07-2015, 01:42 AM
Okay I've got my back up. Gonna try it now. Thanks for the help man.

Jish_01
02-07-2015, 05:20 AM
It's worked, I can equip. The weapon I wanted.. Only problem is now its saying I've already installed Dead Kings and won't let me reinstall it :/
Edit: it's okay its downloading now. Thanks again for your help!

Mr_Shade
02-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to re assure you that work continues on AC Unity and that the weapons re-locking is a known issue that we are currently working on to address.

Pat_St-P
02-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to re assure you that work continues on AC Unity and that the weapons re-locking is a known issue that we are currently working on to address.

Ok but it's been months that we bought this "BROKEN" DLC that made our old savegame useless...
I know you cannot do nothing. You don't have many powers into that company... But for god sake, the least you can do is transfer this message to the above concern person.
To the customer service or something like that.

BECAUSE IT IS NOT OK THAT WE BOUGHT SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T WORK AND THAT WE CANNOT USE....
IT'S FOUNDAMENTAL, IF A PRODUCT IS BROKEN YOU CAN BE REFUND.

And we have been waiting for this supposed patch for month with any color of it. So please do your job, and make our voice heard by the right person at UBISOFT.

SlateMcleod
02-10-2015, 05:17 PM
IT'S FOUNDAMENTAL, IF A PRODUCT IS BROKEN YOU CAN BE REFUND.

That does not count for digital purchases sadly. Ubisoft are not legally bound to financially compensate any of us.