PDA

View Full Version : Mission Club revival?

SixKeys
02-03-2015, 10:37 PM
We used to have a thing called Mission Club where members of the forum would replay select missions from each game and rate them. Batistabus was the one to come up with the idea and he used to create the threads, but I haven't seen him around much lately and the mission club seems to have fallen by the wayside. I really liked them and if Batistabus has nothing against it, I would like to revive them. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png

For newbies and those who need a refresher, here's an example of one such thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/762746-Assassin-s-Creed-Mission-Club-01-Outgunned-(AC-B) (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/762746-Assassin-s-Creed-Mission-Club-01-Outgunned-%28AC-B%29)

Would anyone be interested?

ze_topazio
02-04-2015, 12:02 AM
I doubt I would have the patience to participate but you have my moral support.

Fatal-Feit
02-04-2015, 12:13 AM
I'll participate. =D

(although I won't be able to replay Brotherhood/Revelations's missions because I lost my save)

dimbismp
02-04-2015, 12:14 AM
Seems interesting

Jaegermeiste
02-04-2015, 12:31 AM
This would be brilliant if reviewers are clinical enough to separate the mission from the bugs. Bugs should be accounted for (if they are mission related), and workarounds provided if possible, without affecting the overall "score". This IS Unity, bugs are basically a fact of life. The Bellec boss fight is one mission in particular that would need careful treatment along these lines, especially if this were happening a few patches ago.

Alphacos007
02-04-2015, 12:32 AM
Well I always rate the missions after playing them so this wouldn't change much for me, but sure why not! At least I'll have something new to do :rolleyes:

SixKeys
02-04-2015, 01:11 AM
This would be brilliant if reviewers are clinical enough to separate the mission from the bugs. Bugs should be accounted for (if they are mission related), and workarounds provided if possible, without affecting the overall "score". This IS Unity, bugs are basically a fact of life. The Bellec boss fight is one mission in particular that would need careful treatment along these lines, especially if this were happening a few patches ago.

It wouldn't just be Unity, but all the games so far. The missions are picked at random and not in chronological order, so as not to get boring.

Personally I think bugs should be taken into account. When we replayed one early mission from AC3 (the one where Haytham and his crew dress up as redcoats and in filtrate their camp), the mission bugged out on me twice, just like the first time I played the game. Consistent bugs like that can really mess up your enjoyment of the game and should be noted accordingly, although they shouldn't overshadow judging the overall mission structure.

Well I always rate the missions after playing them so this wouldn't change much for me, but sure why not! At least I'll have something new to do :rolleyes:

This is just a chance to go more in-depth into why you rate the missions the way you do. Hopefully the devs are paying attention to see what kind of stuff people enjoy in these games and what they don't. :)

Alphacos007
02-04-2015, 02:52 AM
Oh, I tought it was just to rate the missions in-game, to do something like a "protest" to show the devs what we like or not, by making a lot of people rate the missions. Great then, I'm totally in.