PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes IGE Co-Op - Week of February 1st, 2015

UbiMegan
02-03-2015, 07:52 PM
This week we'll be pushing out Title Update 5 of Far Cry 4 on all platforms. With this update, we'll be introducing Co-Op on custom maps for Far Cry 4! The patch is currently being pushed to all platforms, and should be available by end of day tomorrow for both console and PC. We'll have a news post shortly with more information on how to Co-Op will work with IGE maps, however the Patch Notes are currently available. We will also be updating this thread once the patch is available on the remaining platforms:

Title Update Status:

PS4 - LIVE
Xbox One - LIVE
PS3 - LIVE
Xbox 360 - LIVE
PC - LIVE

First, the Far Cry 4 dev team wants to give a big shout-out to all the map creators. Thanks for your dedication and for creating over 100,000 maps so far. We are constantly impressed by your ingenuity and creativity. Keep them coming.These are some of the upcoming changes for the IGE.

Regarding co-op for UGC maps:

All maps will be playable in co-op and in single player.
Map creators will be able to place two player spawn points. The first one will spawn P1, while the second one will spawn P2.
If only one player spawn point is present in the map, both players will spawn at the same location.
Quick play top rated co-op (public matchmaking, can invite a friend).
Quick play random co-op (public matchmaking, can invite a friend).
Custom co-op lobby. This is a private lobby only and it’s possible to create a playlist of 4 maps.

We added some new features:

On console, Lock/Unlock camera function. This is available when using the Select tool.
Occlusion Mesh helper. When you place an object or move an object, a gray box will display the occlusion mesh. This option can be enabled/disabled in the Editor settings.
5 new Ally rebel archetypes.

Some of the most important bugs we fixed:

Fix an issue where the Snow was de-activated when restarting a map while in the Map Editor.
Fix an issue where the Vista and the Snow do not appear once the map is published.
Fix an issue where the animal would not go out of an open cage.
Fix an issue where the rotation wasn't working for the spawners of wave 2 to 5 and for the ambient spawners
Fix an issue where the wave trigger settings were reset to the default value when opening the map.
Fix an issue where the healing syringe counter was displaying the wrong value after the Player restarted a mission
Static vehicles are no longer accounted in the AI budget
Fix an issue where the Map Editor could crash while using the Bumb tool.
On PC, fix copy to clipboard function. Map creators can now copy and paste objects from one map to another.
On PC, fix an issue where the search starts as soon as a letter is entered rather than after pressing Enter.

All Platforms [PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3]In-Game Editor [IGE]

IGE Co-Op is now live!
Fixed various Gameplay functionality issues with asset placements
Fixed various Gameplay functionality issues with the Map Browser

Co-Op

Integrated Outpost Master in Co-Op
Fixed various client connectivity issues
Fixed various Host/Client replication issues

Load and Save Files

Fixed various checkpoint placement issues

Vehicles

Fixed the occasional issue with vehicle placement

Matchmaking and PvP

Fixed matchmaking stability and general issues with PvP
Fixed inconsistencies with XP in the load-out menu

Gameplay

Fixed spawning issues under specific circumstances

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Fixed co-op matchmaking issues when user's signed in as an inactive profile

Masterbandit
02-03-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm confused. Is this the patch notes for PC aswell? Or are we getting a seperate patch? Because all it says are "console platform" and then specific to "Xbox 360 and Xbox one". When are we going to see a fix for the mismatched location bugs? The Nvidia Hairworks crash? Crashing in the arena? and numerous of other crashes the game is plagued with? How about the USB plugin bug that was supposed to be fixed in one of the earlier updates but didn't?

UbiMegan
02-03-2015, 10:27 PM
The platform thing was a copy/paste fail on my part, and it's been corrected - this title update is for all platforms and not just console. Related: The PS3 patch is now live as well.

A lot of the fixes in this title update were focused on map making and co-op because we were introducing a feature related to it. We're unable to give any ETA on any other future updates or patches (though they are being worked on!)

Masterbandit
02-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the update Meg.

SiLENCER206
02-04-2015, 03:05 AM
Does this patch include a fix for no party system in 5v5 PvP? I would like to party up with my friends prior to entering a match.

CoconutCat47
02-04-2015, 09:16 AM
so what patch number is the PC version on now when this takes effect 1.8?

Patu
02-04-2015, 03:33 PM
This sounds so good. After these co-op bugs are fixed, this game is near perfect for my taste. Just need to enable the game for dual core systems. ;)

Zenithar92
02-04-2015, 07:08 PM
I think 2017 Ron Swanson stole our performance patches.

We're screwed til then. :p

BlackLord049
02-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Is this just me or patch 1.8.0 has decreased performance when using SLI. I was running fine with TXAA4 enabled and now I have many drops and not only when driving...

Rollerfreund24
02-04-2015, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=UbiMegan;10558940]This week we'll be pushing out Title Update 5 of Far Cry 4 on all platforms. With this update, we'll be introducing Co-Op on custom maps for Far Cry 4! The patch is currently being pushed to all platforms, and should be available by end of day tomorrow for both console and PC. :confused:We'll have a news post shortly with more information on how to Co-Op will work with IGE maps, however the Patch Notes are currently available. We will also be updating this thread once the patch is available on the remaining platforms:

Title Update Status:

PS4 - LIVE
Xbox One - LIVE
PS3 - LIVE
Xbox 360 - LIVE
PC - LIVE

Load and Save Files
[LIST]
[
Pls enable the map creators to delete own old maps. The system will be overloaded soon with wrongly created testmaps....
Many thanks for your hard work and all the best

Palker4
02-04-2015, 08:39 PM
My game now crashes on loading a save. Great page 11 out of 10...

pdmongo
02-05-2015, 04:00 AM
Don't know what you did in the 1+GB patch that I was just forced to install, but I played co-op with a friend last night no problem. Today, the game is all but unplayable.

Lag so bad the screen locks up for several seconds at a time.

samphotoUBI
02-05-2015, 06:10 AM
Patch created new issues. Suddenly the sound will just pop and go out with the only way to get it back is to exit the game. When game closes to the desktop, I hear a pop and sound comes back. Also I just tried to fly a buzzer and as it took off the game popped and totally crashed out. This never happened to me in the 2 months I have been playing it so it is something that just arrived with 1.8.

Win8.1, 16gb, AMD video card.

It would seem that the latest patch needs a patch.

JRavens
02-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Thank you UbiMegan.

Please take this - it's dangerous out there:

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/its-dangerous-to-go-alone-take-this.jpg

JRavens
02-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Patch created new issues. Suddenly the sound will just pop and go out with the only way to get it back is to exit the game. When game closes to the desktop, I hear a pop and sound comes back. Also I just tried to fly a buzzer and as it took off the game popped and totally crashed out. This never happened to me in the 2 months I have been playing it so it is something that just arrived with 1.8.

I'm not be facetious, but have you rebooted and attempted to play again and experienced the same issue? I ask because some sound issues seem random. Also did you try verifying your files and lastly you should submit a support ticket so they can try to replicate the issue (or at least consider what the issue may be): https://support.ubi.com/en-US/

Hope it gets resolved for you!

Ubi_Jax
02-05-2015, 01:24 PM

Hey samphotoUBI!

Please can you try verifying your game files to see if this helps?

You can do so by clicking the little arrow next to "Play" in Uplay and clicking Verify. If you bought the game via Steam, please check out how to verify the files HERE (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335).

Thanks.

overclockerwart
02-05-2015, 04:46 PM
...after the patch I m experiencing some horrible stutter issues.

I tried this but it doesn't work
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/954533-EASY-FIX-Stutter-Frame-Skipping-Far-Cry-4!-Forums

win 8.1, 8gb ram, SSD + VelocityRaptor HDD, amdfx8350 OCed. Crossfire 7870 + 7850 OCed, latest AMD Omega 14.12...allways the most reacent systemupdates. no firewall active. Files are OK.
(even with this almost modern system it is not possible to play FarCry 4 with modest performance - and I beat 80 - 85% of the 3dMark users according to benchmarks)

sorry guys, I'm really dissapointed about this game. Gameplay/Story might be fun....but this performance issues are a pain in ...somewhere!
Paying the price for a gold edition wasn't worth it. I should have been waiting until everything is cheaper and FarCry 4 patch 2.3 is released.

You can't do this to your customers! Com'on this is still the Dunia II Engine 8! Patches since release Date -but instead of patching performance issues you are implementing some multiplayer features. ...on top there is this horrible long intro on each start (yes i did the -skip intro workaround) and the filecorrection of uplay is not as good as the one of steam. With this attitude you should change your buisness from PCGames to high risk Investmentbanking on Pennystocks.

Best regards,
Alex

p.s.: and I almost bought WatchDogs....but I will wait until patches provide a stable Version

...edit: dissabling CF makes it almost playable with DisableLoadingMip0 = "1" and GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1"

o-tab
02-06-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm now experiencing the same issues.

SLI performance has dropped 30%, and the game is now crashing repeatedly. I've done a verify of my game files and the same thing is happening. Patch needs to be recalled.

Daantjuh-NL
02-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Curios to see if coop will work now (base game) Haven't been able to play coop with my friend since I bought the game!

rockjohny
02-08-2015, 08:03 AM
Same here - crashing when it never crashed on me before. Also when i use mortar it won't cluster-burst 90% of the time, crosshairs missing on scopes at times, reinforcements won't show up unless i cut to map view then back. And i'm just using a single R9 video card.

Patu
02-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Same here - crashing when it never crashed on me before. Also when i use mortar it won't cluster-burst 90% of the time, crosshairs missing on scopes at times, reinforcements won't show up unless i cut to map view then back. And i'm just using a single R9 video card.

Are these coop or single player related bugs? I haven't been able to try coop on 1.8.0 yet but single player has worked just like before the patch.

sebonin
02-10-2015, 08:34 PM
this patch crippled performance with gtx 970 cant play in acceptable framerate now not even with smaa i could play very nice at msaa 2x =mfaa enabled now i cant even play with high framerate with smaa this is a downgrade for sure fix this or i will stop buying ubisoft games for good

WID992007
02-10-2015, 09:18 PM
this patch crippled performance with gtx 970 cant play in acceptable framerate now not even with smaa i could play very nice at msaa 2x =mfaa enabled now i cant even play with high framerate with smaa this is a downgrade for sure fix this or i will stop buying ubisoft games for good

are you using soft shadows ? if so reset them to ultra you will gain your performance back

also of note is the fact Nvidia has just today announced a new driver set that in some instances says it will provide slightly increased performance on some Nvidia GPU's with FC 4
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/81877/en-us

SDGuero
02-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Are these coop or single player related bugs? I haven't been able to try coop on 1.8.0 yet but single player has worked just like before the patch.

My buddy and I are having problems with Co-op. No longer works for either of us after the v1.80 patch. Worked fine before v1.80 when playing against each other or doing public coop games. Now only single player works.

We have both submitted support requests and have gotten generic responses back from Ubisoft:
Ubisoft Support Ticket: 02043844
Ubisoft Support Ticket: 02043951

We have totally different computers/ISPs, etc. Previous version worked fine for us, but that all stopped with the v1.80 patch.

I paid $60 for this game, mostly for the co-op play, and after owning it for 2 weeks the forcibly applied v1.80 patch broke it. I'm a sad Far Cry 4 customer right now... :(

SDCade17
02-13-2015, 04:06 PM
Ubi is soft is so lame in the customer service area. Half of these community managers can't even deal proper responses.

You people are bad at your jobs. What's with that? So many experienced issues being deflected.

Same dudes who release AC though too. Shocking.

Taipan52
02-14-2015, 08:59 AM
Is this patch goping to fix the "freeze on save" issue?

Is it?

Daantjuh-NL
02-16-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm still not able to play coop with my friend on the PS3! Never buying any Ubisoft game again!

BackPa-CZ
02-17-2015, 07:50 PM
Before patch 1.8.0 coop worked.
After patch 1.8.0 does not work, neither user coop map.
I have FC4 for PC

xXKyleStyleXx
02-18-2015, 04:54 AM
Is this just me or patch 1.8.0 has decreased performance when using SLI. I was running fine with TXAA4 enabled and now I have many drops and not only when driving...

Nope. Not just you. I have experienced all kinds of problems since this patch released. Frustrating as hell!! I am running RVE, 5960X, 32GB DDR4 2800, SLI x2 780 Classies on Hydro copper blocks. I've invested a little chunk of change to be able to play high end games at max settings so I know the problems aren't on my end. I hope it gets resolved soon!! Before 1.8.0 I was averaging 95+ FPS. Now?..........Run..lock...stutter......lock......r un....restart. Come on Guys!!!

ScottWright1966
02-25-2015, 03:23 PM
This week we'll be pushing out Title Update 5 of Far Cry 4 on all platforms. With this update, we'll be introducing Co-Op on custom maps for Far Cry 4! The patch is currently being pushed to all platforms, and should be available by end of day tomorrow for both console and PC. We'll have a news post shortly with more information on how to Co-Op will work with IGE maps, however the Patch Notes are currently available. We will also be updating this thread once the patch is available on the remaining platforms:

Title Update Status:

PS4 - LIVE
Xbox One - LIVE
PS3 - LIVE
Xbox 360 - LIVE
PC - LIVE

IGE Co-Op is now live!
Fixed various Gameplay functionality issues with asset placements
Fixed various Gameplay functionality issues with the Map Browser

Co-Op

Integrated Outpost Master in Co-Op
Fixed various client connectivity issues

Load and Save Files

Fixed various checkpoint placement issues

Vehicles

Fixed the occasional issue with vehicle placement

Matchmaking and PvP

Fixed matchmaking stability and general issues with PvP
Fixed inconsistencies with XP in the load-out menu

Gameplay

Fixed spawning issues under specific circumstances

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Fixed co-op matchmaking issues when user's signed in as an inactive profile

Why are these games being sold as good to go when there not even close to that. Its not so much the money but the aggravation of playing thru a mission to get to the end and the game freezes. maybe you should spend some of those millions on testing befor launch . And stop being in a rush to put out sub standard **** .