PDA

View Full Version : CURIOUS - Customizing Hidden Blades?

Fatal-Feit
02-03-2015, 02:57 AM
As of Unity, the developers have been teasing fans to create their own unique Assassin. Unity did a great job of giving players variety and freedom, but I feel it didn't go far enough. The hidden blade was always an Assassin's trademark, and throughout the franchise, it has had many unique iterations that defined the games and their protagonists.

We've had this discussion before, I wanna know how many of you guys actually think it's worth implementing in the future?

For those curious as to what I'm talking about, Hidden Blade upgrades are something like:

Hookblade - Improves navigation

Pivot Blade - Allows for close combat with your Hidden Blade

Dual Blades - Allows for quicker, more lethal, double assassinations

Phantom Blade - Allows for range kills

Poison Blade - Allows user to kill targets inconspicuously

Hidden Gun - Lethal and quicker alternative to firearms

DemonLord4lf
02-03-2015, 03:02 AM
As of Unity, the developers have been teasing fans to create their own unique Assassin. Unity did a great job of giving players variety and freedom, but I feel it didn't go far enough. The hidden blade was always an Assassin's trademark, and throughout the franchise, it has had many unique iterations that defined the games and their protagonists.

We've had this discussion before, I wanna know how many of you guys actually think it's worth implementing in the future?

For those curious as to what I'm talking about, Hidden Blade upgrades are something like:

Hookblade - Improves navigation

Pivot Blade - Allows for close combat with your Hidden Blade

Dual Blades - Allows for quicker, more lethal, double assassinations

Phantom Blade - Allows for range kills

Poison Blade - Allows user to kill targets inconspicuously

Hidden Gun - Lethal and quicker alternative to firearms

I would love to be able to customize what type of hidden blade i had. Or make it like a swiss army hidden blade. :p

SixKeys
02-03-2015, 03:02 AM
That's actually a good idea. Instead of having them be gradual upgrades, I would like them to be implemented in the customization (maybe this is what you had in mind, I dunno). Maybe that would finally get people to stop bickering about whether hidden blade combat should be possible or not. You could choose to wear close combat blade(s) which would be good for those who like to fight their way through, or you could choose one of the more strategic blades for stealth.

phoenix-force411
02-03-2015, 03:19 AM
I want there to be a customization system where I can color each piece of my gear to my color of choice instead of the current option in Unity.

Fatal-Feit
02-03-2015, 03:31 AM
That's actually a good idea. Instead of having them be gradual upgrades, I would like them to be implemented in the customization (maybe this is what you had in mind, I dunno). Maybe that would finally get people to stop bickering about whether hidden blade combat should be possible or not. You could choose to wear close combat blade(s) which would be good for those who like to fight their way through, or you could choose one of the more strategic blades for stealth.

Exactly.

Also, I can also see a counter mechanic implemented for the Pivot Blade. Killing two birds with one stone.

DemonLord4lf
02-03-2015, 03:38 AM
Exactly.

Also, I can also see a counter mechanic implemented for the Pivot Blade. Killing two birds with one stone.

So instead of a difficulty level, we can make a weapon to do the things we like?

SixKeys
02-03-2015, 03:47 AM
Should there be a option to have dual blades that do different things? Like one poison blade and a phantom blade, or a hookblade and hidden gun?

aL_____eX
02-03-2015, 04:36 AM
I want to have all tools at once, like a Swiss Army knife. I imagine the character to look utterly weird, carrying all different types of blades at the same time. :o

DemonLord4lf
02-03-2015, 04:41 AM
I want to have all tools at once, like a Swiss Army knife. I imagine the character to look utterly weird, carrying all different types of blades at the same time. :o

Gotta have them all, HIDDEN BLADES!

SpiritOfNevaeh
02-03-2015, 05:58 AM
I would love the idea of customizing a hidden blade :)

The_Kiwi_
02-03-2015, 06:46 AM
Hmmm
Each variant is unique to each assassin
IMO, the different versions are part of each character's identity
I don't think it would be the best idea to give people freedom with customizing it

DemonLord4lf
02-03-2015, 06:50 AM
Hmmm
I don't think it would be the best idea to give people freedom with customizing it

Spoken like a true Templar, borderline Juno supporter.

Namikaze_17
02-03-2015, 07:05 AM
I wouldn't mind this.

Great idea fatal. ;)

The_Kiwi_
02-03-2015, 07:23 AM
Spoken like a true Templar, borderline Juno supporter.

You have discovered my secret...
https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4aixk5HLb1qd3mby.jpg

DemonLord4lf
02-03-2015, 07:29 AM
You have discovered my secret...

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4aixk5HLb1qd3mby.jpg

Yep, i'm just that good.
http://crazyhyena.com/imagebank/g/dog-like-a-boss-sunglasses-pipe.jpg

Fatal-Feit
02-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm the real detective here, Spotty.

Hmmm

I hear you, but it's not taking any more uniqueness away than what we already have. Arno uses a rapier and a revolver, but players has the option to take both of those away. It's been like that in the past games. Beside the outfits and firearms, you could replace Ezio's sword with a mace, Connor's tomahawk with a dagger, and Edward's cutlasses with machetes. Taking a step further with the hidden blades won't pervert their identity any more than what we have now.

The_Kiwi_
02-03-2015, 08:44 AM
I hear you, but it's not taking any more uniqueness away than what we already have. Arno uses a rapier and a revolver, but players has the option to take both of those away. It's been like that in the past games. Beside the outfits and firearms, you could replace Ezio's sword with a mace, Connor's tomahawk with a dagger, and Edward's cutlasses with machetes. Taking a step further with the hidden blades won't pervert their identity any more than what we have now.

But those things are used by everyone
Hidden Blades are the assassin's signature weapon
And each assassin has his own unique variant of it

DemonLord4lf
02-03-2015, 08:48 AM

Therefore each assassin will have a unique hidden blade. I will have the Swiss army knife hidden blade because i can never really choose :D

Fatal-Feit
02-03-2015, 10:00 AM

The same thing can be said about the hidden blades. Everyone in the Renaissance used dual blades and hidden guns. The Chinese were using the hookblades long before it was cool. Pivot blades were used by everyone during the early 18th century. The same with Phantom Blades during the late 18th century.

LoyalACFan
02-03-2015, 08:39 PM
I actually kind of dislike the notion of having a plethora of different hidden gadgets. The hidden gun and swivel blade were cool, but the phantom blade, poison shooter, and hookblade were pretty damned cheesy IMO. If the next Assassin has a Hidden Grappling Hook, I'm going to be rolling my eyes so freaking hard...

My solution would just be to add Dual Hidden Blades as a category in the customization menu, so you could either carry one stealth-only hidden blade and a melee weapon, or dual hidden blades that you can both assassinate and fight with. Plus, the weapon flourish animation for the dual blades could be the iconic blades-extended pose I miss so much from the previous games :( It's a small little detail, but just holding Square and posing on a rooftop with your blades out was so friggin cool.

DemonLord4lf
02-03-2015, 09:01 PM
I actually kind of dislike the notion of having a plethora of different hidden gadgets. The hidden gun and swivel blade were cool, but the phantom blade, poison shooter, and hookblade were pretty damned cheesy IMO. If the next Assassin has a Hidden Grappling Hook, I'm going to be rolling my eyes so freaking hard...

My solution would just be to add Dual Hidden Blades as a category in the customization menu, so you could either carry one stealth-only hidden blade and a melee weapon, or dual hidden blades that you can both assassinate and fight with. Plus, the weapon flourish animation for the dual blades could be the iconic blades-extended pose I miss so much from the previous games :( It's a small little detail, but just holding Square and posing on a rooftop with your blades out was so friggin cool.

They were pretty cheesy. All we needed was a throwing knife or a crossbow.

kingo757
02-03-2015, 09:23 PM
I would love to see customization for the hidden blades from stealth to combat. Just like we customize are gear right now in Unity we should have something like that for the hidden blade. The hidden blade is a trademark for Assassin Creed it should be one of are most powerful weapons. Oh by the way don"t ever ever ever again take away the DUEL blades ever ever again. I was pissed when they took that option out for Unity don"t ever ever do that again.

DemonLord4lf
02-03-2015, 09:37 PM
I would love to see customization for the hidden blades from stealth to combat. Just like we customize are gear right now in Unity we should have something like that for the hidden blade. The hidden blade is a trademark for Assassin Creed it should be one of are most powerful weapons. Oh by the way don"t ever ever ever again take away the DUEL blades ever ever again. I was pissed when they took that option out for Unity don"t ever ever do that again.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-k32dfEaG-OM/Tyk94TOz6pI/AAAAAAAAAKk/p1f6yT2aE-c/s1600/whos_awesome.jpg

SixKeys
02-03-2015, 10:44 PM

Not really. Like Fatal said, each assassin in a particular era uses the same blades. Yusuf was the one to introduce the hookblade to Ezio. Alta´r was the one who designed the dual hidden blades and poison blade, Leonardo simply copied his designs and gave them to Ezio. Arno's phantom blade is supposedly a design Leonardo originally came up with, but it wasn't perfected until later.

m4r-k7
02-03-2015, 11:30 PM
This is a bit random but I bet we will eventually get a game based around mountain climbing in freezing temperatures (kind of like Far Cry 4's setting) and we will get a hidden blade attachment that lets us hook onto mountains and climb them easily. Kind of like the hook-blade but they will give it more functionality with mountains.

On topic, I think customizing the hidden blade would be cool, but it would take away from that specific "signature" weapon aspect.

Fatal-Feit
02-04-2015, 12:23 AM
On topic, I think customizing the hidden blade would be cool, but it would take away from that specific "signature" weapon aspect.

It wouldn't, though. I mean, we've been able to change the signature outfits and weapons. The hidden blade isn't any worse. Besides, the option is still there. The signature hidden blade in Unity would be the phantom blade. Changing it to say... the pivot blade would be no worse than swapping Arno's rapier and revolver with a rifle.

Should there be a option to have dual blades that do different things? Like one poison blade and a phantom blade, or a hookblade and hidden gun?

I was thinking about that, but it would be too much, IMO. I like the idea of everyone being unique to one thing during a CO-OP mission.

SixKeys
02-04-2015, 01:16 AM
I was thinking about that, but it would be too much, IMO. I like the idea of everyone being unique to one thing during a CO-OP mission.

That's assumimng co-op will stick around long-term. I'm not so sure it will at this point. It doesn't seem to have been quite the raving success Ubi was counting on. For single-player it would be kind of limiting if in every mission you had to choose between carrying poison or not being able to do double assassinations, for example.

Fatal-Feit
02-04-2015, 02:38 AM
That's assumimng co-op will stick around long-term. I'm not so sure it will at this point. It doesn't seem to have been quite the raving success Ubi was counting on. For single-player it would be kind of limiting if in every mission you had to choose between carrying poison or not being able to do double assassinations, for example.

I can't imagine AC without CO-OP anymore. It's bare-bones now, but there will be major improvements in the future. Give it another shot in Victory.

Anyway, you've got a point. Having 2 unique hidden blades would work, especially if it's something you can't switch on the fly.

RADAR__4077
02-04-2015, 04:03 AM
I would like to see weapons integrated into the stealth system. Make your weapon choice have more impact on how you play.

Make it so you can be covered with every weapon imaginable. Very effective in combat, but attract lots of attention from the guards.

Or

Use your choice of hidden blades as your primary weapon. Very stealthy, but requires more skill in combat. Very difficult to parry and counter, but very fast and lethal.

I mean really. A huge ****ing ax is effective in combat, but you really stand out at a party lol.

DemonLord4lf
02-04-2015, 04:08 AM
I would like to see weapons integrated into the stealth system. Make your weapon choice have more impact on how you play.

Make it so you can be covered with every weapon imaginable. Very effective in combat, but attract lots of attention from the guards.

Or

Use your choice of hidden blades as your primary weapon. Very stealthy, but requires more skill in combat. Very difficult to parry and counter, but very fast and lethal.

I mean really. A huge ****ing ax is effective in combat, but you really stand out at a party lol.

hmmm so instead of a difficulty level, we'd have a combat based weapon system? So for guys like me that don't want to feel overwhelmed in combat can use a power combat weapon, but those that want stealth can go with a more quiet weapon? I like it, i doubt ubisoft will implement it. At least not for Victory... we'll just have to wait and see what they do next.

SixKeys
02-04-2015, 05:33 AM
I can't imagine AC without CO-OP anymore. It's bare-bones now, but there will be major improvements in the future. Give it another shot in Victory.

I couldn't imagine AC without adversarial multiplayer but here we are. :(

Fatal-Feit
02-04-2015, 05:54 AM
I couldn't imagine AC without adversarial multiplayer but here we are. :(

People still play it. Anytime you wanna jam, just give me a shout.

SixKeys
02-04-2015, 11:56 PM
People still play it. Anytime you wanna jam, just give me a shout.

Wait, you play AC multiplayer? :eek: Any time you want, I am IN!!

LUR21
02-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Yes I would like the ability to choose different hidden blades. I think they need to bring back the quick weapon select for sword, short blade, hidden blade and fists instead of going to the menu all the time. And the ability to flourish hidden blades.

Fatal-Feit
02-05-2015, 11:38 PM
snip

DemonLord4lf
02-05-2015, 11:42 PM
I've been thinking about how the different blades can be expanded and here's what I have so far:

Hookblade - *Significantly improves navigation. Longer and quicker jump reach, grab, etc. *Allows for longer assassination reach from ledges, hide spots, corners, etc. *Longer reach for pickpocketing.

Pivot Blade - *Significantly improves combat. Fatal ground swipes are replaced with quick ground pivot blade assassination (similar to past games). A new orange counter window is available, which is an instant kill using the pivot blade (similar to past games).

Phantom Blade - Nothing new here. It works as it did in Unity.

Dual Blades - *Significantly improves double assassinations. Double air/normal assassinations are much quicker. Longer air assassination reach. You can double assassinate from corners, tables, tents, and haystacks.

That's all I have for now. Feel free to edit.

http://www.imgion.com/images/01/Crying-meme.gif

RADAR__4077
02-06-2015, 01:42 AM
I've been thinking about how the different blades can be expanded and here's what I have so far:

Hookblade - *Significantly improves navigation. Longer and quicker jump reach, grab, etc. *Allows for longer assassination reach from ledges, hide spots, corners, etc. *Longer reach for pickpocketing.

Pivot Blade - *Significantly improves combat. Fatal ground swipes are replaced with quick ground pivot blade assassination (similar to past games). A new orange counter window is available, which is an instant kill using the pivot blade (similar to past games).

Phantom Blade - Nothing new here. It works as it did in Unity.

Dual Blades - *Significantly improves double assassinations. Double air/normal assassinations are much quicker. Longer air assassination reach. You can double assassinate from corners, tables, tents, and haystacks.

That's all I have for now. Feel free to edit.

[EDIT] I forgot about quick shots. I'll add that later.

I like it.

Disable quick shot for phantom blades. Give you reason to use the hidden pistol. (Make it a hidden revolver???)

Throw in my idea from the last page, and I think we have the best AC combat system yet.

Fatal-Feit
02-06-2015, 03:44 AM
I'm glad you guys are liking the idea! Here's more.

Hookblade - *Significantly improves navigation. Longer and quicker jump reach, grab, etc. *Allows for longer assassination reach from ledges, hide spots, corners, etc. *Longer reach for pickpocketing. In combat, quick shot button allows you to pickpocket targets (like in Revelations).

Pivot Blade - *Significantly improves combat. Fatal ground swipes are replaced with quick ground pivot blade assassination (similar to past games). A new orange counter window is available, which is an instant kill using the pivot blade (similar to past games). In combat, quick shot functions as a quick and efficient attack button using the pivot blade. <-- It works as a more deadly substitute to tackle.

Phantom Blade - It works as it did in Unity, except no berserk blades.

Dual Blades - *Significantly improves double assassinations. Double air/normal assassinations are much quicker. Longer air assassination reach. You can double assassinate from corners, tables, tents, and haystacks. Unsure about how quick shot in combat will work.

(?)Poison Blade - *Significantly improves stealth. *Allows you to poison/berserk targets discreetly up close or from nearby distance. In combat, quick shot functions like berserk blades.

(?)Hidden Gun - An improvement over traditional firearms. Its reloading is very quick. Quick shots in combat is unavoidable. It doesn't alert as much guards as a normal firearm does.

Again, feel free to edit.

RADAR__4077
02-06-2015, 05:04 AM
I like alot of the ideas, but the pivot blade (we are talking about Connor's dagger right?) and pistol are starting to sound overpowered.

I absolutely love customization and would love to see it improve with weapons, but I want reason to customize.

I don't want to have lots of options that don't really make a difference (like unity) or have options with one do-it-all gadget that makes all others obsolete.

I want a challenge. I want each option to have definitive strengths and weaknesses.

I want customization to have a major impact on how you play the game.

I also want lots of room for creativity with cosmetic stuff, but I won't go off topic by spewing out those ideas.

Xstantin
02-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Sometimes I think it'll be nice to have old Ezio's close range poison back. I know the crazy darts are pretty much the same but Unity had a couple of spots where civilians would get in the way so I had to dance around crowds - like the Supreme being cult memory.

Hans684
02-06-2015, 07:25 PM
I'd like to be able to customize two hidden blades. The customizing should be layered.

First layer: An easy option between having gloves or not. The kind of gloves you choose will impact on your claiming speed and damage in first fights.

Second layer: Bracers: depend big on play style you can have none, metal bracers(like Ezio for combat) or leather. Again impacting you dpeed in climbing but also combat.

Third layer: It's small things like having metal on the gloves or not like Ezio. Metal on the gloves give more damage in hand-to-hand combat but again like above slows climbing but also accuracy in hits during combat.

Fourth layer: Choice between blades that function like standard blades but that can do one more thing(or simply a standard blade), Pivot Blade, Chain Blade and Trident Blade(Arbaaz Mir's blade).

Fifth layer: What kind of blade to have over the original, like Phantom Blade, Hookblade, Poison Gun/blade and Hidden gun.

Master Assassin choice: Fot Blade, this you get at a curtain point late in the game and thought special missions. It's a rear kind of blade and fighting, a true master should wear these.

Since the HB's is made of a special metal(never gotten the name) it's possible to use it in combat but with this layering of customizing it would be different.
The more metal you have the stronger the blade and the more damage you do but it's slower.
The lighter your blade is the less damage it does but you faster.

TacticalGamerJ
02-06-2015, 09:52 PM
http://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/acbsb.jpg

This please

Hans684
02-06-2015, 10:24 PM
http://www.gogaminggiant.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/acbsb.jpg

This please

I considered adding it but it's made by Templars. It's the only blade an Assassin has never used.

DemonLord4lf
02-06-2015, 10:28 PM
I considered adding it but it's made by Templars. It's the only blade an Assassin has never used.

Technically that's not true, its mostly used by Assassin turned Templars. So in a way, an assassin has used it.

Hans684
02-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Technically that's not true, its mostly used by Assassin turned Templars. So in a way, an assassin has used it.

The Switch Blade is a Hidden Blade made by Templars, there hasn't been a single Assassin shown useing it. So it's a Templar designed blade based in the Hidden Blade traditionally used by Assassins. It's as wrong as it's right or the other way around.

DemonLord4lf
02-06-2015, 10:53 PM
The Switch Blade is a Hidden Blade made by Templars, there hasn't been a single Assassin shown useing it. So it's a Templar designed blade based in the Hidden Blade traditionally used by Assassins. It's as wrong as it's right or the other way around.

Ah, i misunderstood what was posted. My bad.

Fatal-Feit
02-07-2015, 12:55 AM
I considered the switch blade, but what unique functions does it serve other than what we already have? I mean, if it's a skin then sure.

Altair1789
02-07-2015, 12:56 AM
I want the hidden blade customization, but I'm still not too much of a customization fan

Fatal-Feit
02-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Altair, mocking Toothless was so last week. =p

shobhit7777777
02-10-2015, 05:21 PM
This is a great idea