PDA

View Full Version : My Experience Replaying ACU

JCar4327
01-30-2015, 08:37 AM
So I downloaded Dead Kings and it glitched. Decided to delete the save game and it deleted my entire ACU save file. Needless to say I had to start over. I was concerned about the companion app because it was a major pain in the butt to complete (Hope UBI does not include anything like that in the next release).

Glitches: all seem to have been fixed with the game. Everything that was wrong before does not seem to be appearing this time through with two exceptions I will explain later.

Companion App: This is where I have one glitch. There is one blue chest stuck on the map and I cannot open it. I get the option to interact, but the chest never opens and the interaction option keeps populating. As far as the app syncing to the game. As soon as you reach a certain point in the game all the app missions and chests unlock and then the rewards are given. I did not have to complete any missions, save one that appeared on the map, or collect any chests.

Dead Kings: The first time through the weapons glitch got me. after uninstalling and re-installing the game the second play through I had no issues other than the Napoleon outfit not unlocking after I gathered all the artifacts needed to unlock it. I can equip all the weapons from the DLC.

Club: I was concerned I would have to join or create a new club. To my surprise, as soon as I took over the Cafe Theater and clubs became available I was still in my original club and the rewards we had one were unlocked.

I found the second play through to be quite enjoyable and have not experienced any of the issues I had on the first play through. The only issues I seem to be having now, other than the two listed above, is with co-op with public play. Almost every time I have played in public the mission glitches. I think this is more of an issue due to other people's internet connections than the game itself having issues. I have a super fast internet connection and when I play with others they seem to disappear and reappear in random places. I also was playing with another player and I killed all the guards in an area and as soon as that person entered the area I was getting killed by invisible guards that I could see him killing but I could not see on my screen.

Rebelgully
01-30-2015, 04:17 PM
What was your experience with the Initiates Chests unlocking and or being able to open? I'm thinking of starting new game now but Initiates is down and I don't wanna mess anything up I guess.

Pat_St-P
01-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Like JCar4327, i restarted a brand new game this week. I have the same result as him. And it's pretty fun to restart the game with unlocked gears from the club comp right at the start.

No problem at all with initiate chest since it's unlocked for everyone. You just have to recollect them to have your outfit unlock into your new savegame.

Bastiaen
01-30-2015, 05:57 PM
That's good information to have. I'll finish up the nomad missions in about a week, and was worried that I would only be able to complete Unity 100% once. Glad I can finish it multiple times. With all the weird online stuff in the single player (starting with social items in AC4), I really worry about longevity for AC games.