PDA

View Full Version : Huge dissapointment, not reccomending anyone to buy it

Nichotin
01-29-2015, 05:25 PM
Ubisoft has done it again.

To bring back homam3 in this state is a shame. If you are uncertain and only think im hating take a look at the reviews, http://store.steampowered.com/app/297000/?l=swedish.
Only 1 is reccomending it, everyone else is very disapointed.
That ubisoft have a problem with multiplayer is widely known, but when it said that it would be steampowered and not through ubisoft we all thought there was a slight chance of actually being good, but its not working at all.

The game crashes when going on multiplayer (tried on 3 different computers now), there is no LAN function, well inside game there seem to be huge issues with people dropping from games and the game freezes 10seconds each turn.
There are NO random map generator so you can only play scenarios over and over.

I reccomend everyone to play heroes 3 through gamefinder instead, there you can also play with the expansion packs.
Gamefinder have 100s of heroes 3 servers with other players online 24/7, just join and play, nothing needed except gamefinder + the game.

http://www.gog.com/game/heroes_of_might_and_magic_3_complete_edition 8.89euros for the full game + all expansions (even cheaper than this budget project)

Hope someone read this and decide not to buy it, atleast not untill ubi remake the whole game Again.

Regards

Nic

Aethelfern
01-29-2015, 05:56 PM
For those who want to play it in Multiplayer mode - aye, it's bugged atm.

There are NO random map generator so you can only play scenarios over and over.

However, random map generator absence / shortage of maps isn't a real problem for those familiar with Heroes 3 / having previous installations. I own both a standalone copy of SoD and Ubisoft's DVD with Heroes 3 and 4 Complete. Both Sod and Complete's map editor can create random maps in "Restoration of Erathia" mode and be saved this way. The maps are fully compatible with Heroes3HD, already tested. Custom MP3 files also work, I successfully inserted them.

But of course, people shouldn't be bothered with all that: RMG should be included imo.

I do enjoy the HD graphics a lot though. I hope they proceed with the rest of expansions, cause, let's be honest, RoE content isn't enough for us, old-time fans. Especially today, when Horn of the Abyss version is so good, stable, innovative and also offers HD resolution and some graphic updates. In order for THIS to be competitive with HotA, they HAVE to include AB and SoD quickly.

zxjetpac
01-29-2015, 07:38 PM
I will never give them another penny... I thought EA were bad but Ubisoft just release buggy games for fun now.

Plumbum500
01-29-2015, 10:47 PM
Is this for real? Ubisoft even did not make random map generator for multiplayer on PC?
What was the point of remaking game? For what did we pay?

blitzed4
01-29-2015, 11:03 PM
I have 2 questions.

Is the difficulty still locked in the campaigns to easy/normal mode?

Can you export the new HD assets to work with the old game if you bought the HD version?