PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Start Dead Kings DLC

SMGreer
01-27-2015, 10:24 PM
So having finished the game I thought I would go and start the Dead Kings DLC.

Sadly, despite finding the appropriate carriage, I only get a brief text box explaining what the DLC is with no means to travel to/or start it. I can only close the text window and that is it. No prompt to "Travel to Franciade" as I have seen in some tutorials. Has anyone else had this issue?

I am not even sure if I have downloaded the DLC or not, nor where I can go download it if I don't. Uplay makes it clear that the Dead Kings DLC exists but gives me no info regarding whether or not I actually have it installed.

I've tried to reinstalling, verifying files etc but nothing helps or changes the problem.

If anyone has had this and found a solution, I would be so grateful.

strigoi1958
01-28-2015, 11:16 AM
The only thing I can suggest, depends on whether the DLC is on your game... look at the map near the cafe and if you see an icon with F (for Franciade) point to it and it should offer fast travel and you can go to Franciade without using the coach...

hope that works if not then I think the dlc is still locked on your system

http://i61.tinypic.com/nnv28n.jpg

sliderulz2
01-28-2015, 03:11 PM
I've had same issue since last update, definitely downloaded on release day, been playing, then carriage outside cafe theatre prompts go to store. When i get to psn store it says purchased, i try to re-download and the message application not found appears. There's no word as to why, or an acknowledgement from ubisoft there's a problem. Come on ubi get it sorted, i've finished the very short very easy single main story

SMGreer
01-28-2015, 03:29 PM
The only thing I can suggest, depends on whether the DLC is on your game... look at the map near the cafe and if you see an icon with F (for Franciade) point to it and it should offer fast travel and you can go to Franciade without using the coach...]

Sadly it won't let me fast travel. For whatever reason, I appear to be locked out the DLC.

@sliderulz2

I've also sent a support thingy to Ubisoft but yeah, haven't heard back either which is a bummer. Hopefully this will be fixed soon enough as it's rather frustrating at the moment.

TH3R4BB1T
01-28-2015, 06:21 PM
Did you download a package of around 8gb saying 'Dead Kings' when you started the game? It should pop up as like an update.

sliderulz2
01-29-2015, 02:00 AM
I can't use fast travel either, DLC locked out completly, guillotine gun gone from inventory. I know the people from ubi monitor these posts, so how about an announcement, or even a post that you acknowledge the problem and your ' doing all you can to to rectify the issue'

sliderulz2
01-29-2015, 12:22 PM
Please any solutions, i tried everything, uninstalled game, re-installed it, the store just says application not found, would i like to search store. I tell you i have had about enough of the lack of help from ubisoft, i don't wanna be rude but i think you should at least check this out. If you are not sure what problem is, i'll spell it out for you. The Dead Kings DLC has reverted to predownload state, the PlayStation store says it's purchased but i can't access it. Now ubi i want a solution, and fast, even an acknowledgement, a 'sorry we're investigating'. Iknow this problem doesn't afect all, but still, :mad:

strigoi1958
01-29-2015, 12:52 PM
On here it is just fellow gamers... the mods are just for the forum and not really a direct link to the devs or the support... I would imagine the locked sections in the game... such as achievements and weapons and outfits and DLC are all being worked on... they affect different people in different ways but I expect it to be fixed soon. Patch 5 is being written and it must be difficult to complete because as they fix one thing another support request arrives but it will get done.

SMGreer
01-29-2015, 03:14 PM
Did you download a package of around 8gb saying 'Dead Kings' when you started the game? It should pop up as like an update.

Nope, never got the prompt for that update. Also could not find anywhere to start the download manually if it indeed had not been installed. Is there some way to do that?

TH3R4BB1T
01-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Is it also not listed in the DLC on the game page in uPlay? If you 'buy' DLC you have to download them from there.

SMGreer
01-29-2015, 06:36 PM
It is listed in DLC tab but there's no buy/download option or anything. It's just...there. As are two bits of DLC I don't own. I worry I'm missing something but there's nothing I can see.

SsoulSslayer
01-29-2015, 10:09 PM
well im not the one have this problem, ubi, fix this son, plz

mason19912013
08-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Make sure ur not in a main story pause the game if it says leave mission leave the mission or complete that quest line and it should appear on your map