PDA

View Full Version : Playing Console Maps On PC (and vice-versa)

arkane78
01-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Hi,

Firstly, I apologise if this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer with a search, I'm probably missing something obvious.

I Found some videos on Youtube where people were playing some amusing maps and wanted to play them myself on PC, yet despite searching for them in Map Browser, they don't show.

Is there a reason that (on the FC4 Maps Website) - I can browse maps from different platforms (PC, XBox One, PS4 etc) - yet can only play PC maps?
If I'm missing something like a setting or similar, please let me know.

If this is how it's supposed to be - why is that?
Is the game radically different on PS4/XBox One from PC?

A78

Manlius10A
01-26-2015, 04:14 PM
There is no cross-play of user generated maps between platforms. It would be wonderful for this community if there was, but that is not how this game is set-up. My understanding is that the PC has a much higher AI limit than its current-gen console counterparts.

Steve64b
01-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Bumping this topic as I've been experimenting with getting console maps working on PC. It's a bit hacky tacky, but I've successfully played published XBOne & PS4 maps in COOP on PC. However, the console maps seem to use a different ground texture format which causes the maps to render a black terrain on PC.

If you want to try it out, check out http://maps.farcry.eu/swapper ;)

Fallen-Champ
02-13-2017, 01:49 AM
I really hope if they do another game that maps are playable on each platform.

This Game (http://The Golf Club Will Support Cross Platform Sharing Between PS4, Xbox One, PC) - The Golf Club allows cross platform sharing of golf courses on PC XB1 PS4

The sequel The Golf Club 2 is also the same, I think you only see peoples details for who made the course on the same platform you play the game on (but not 100% on that)
DOOM Snap Map allowed people on PC XB1 PS4 to play each others maps and see the names of the maker no matter what platform.
Gunscape also allows map sharing over all platforms and they are looking into PC v PS4 and PC v XB1 play coming with an update later this year so this stuff is possible.

With the PC having way more items allowed in maps it could be that they require an indicator on that platform so if they go over a set performance bar then that map will be PC only as the consoles can't handle the extras placed in it - All that would do is give those the option to maks some maps for all platforms, they could publish it and then add in more stuff and publish a PC only version ;)

PS4 and XB1 should have map sharing as standard and if there is ever to be a new Far Cry game with an editor again then I would hope that we get way more allowance for items per grid square and overall items per map than we got on PS4 because that had the same allowance as PS3 and XB360 which was shocking.