PDA

View Full Version : Will I lose unlocked Uplay stuff if I restart Unity in the future?

fauxtronic
01-25-2015, 03:10 AM
I'm surprised to be at this point considering I've 100%-ed every other AC game, but AC:Unity has worn me down half way through Sequence 5. I just can't carry on. It's become too grindy and repetitive and something that just happened during a long co-op game (the loss of sync points that had been collected) finally killed any patience I had left. I really wish I hadn't bought it. So, I'm going to stop playing it and will probably come back to it in a year or five.

My concern is that if I delete the save game, I will lose stuff unlocked with Uplay when I start a new game. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

ETA: The platform is PS4 if that matters.

I'm going to bump this and then abandon it if no replies, because it seems to be suffering the same fate of my other pleas for help on this forum. No replies at all.

I'll make it simple:

1. I have unlocked stuff on Uplay while playing AC: Unity.
2. I intend to abandon AC: Unity and not return to it for a very long time.
3. If I delete my AC:Unity save game, will I find when I return to the game, that I have lost the stuff I unlocked on Uplay?

NikoTehGreatest
01-25-2015, 12:57 PM
I'm going to bump this and then abandon it if no replies, because it seems to be suffering the same fate of my other pleas for help on this forum. No replies at all.

I'll make it simple:

1. I have unlocked stuff on Uplay while playing AC: Unity.
2. I intend to abandon AC: Unity and not return to it for a very long time.
3. If I delete my AC:Unity save game, will I find when I return to the game, that I have lost the stuff I unlocked on Uplay?

I don't have Unity, but I believe that when you purchase the rewards reward on uplay, it stays forever unlocked, so when you delete your save file or, only in previous instalments,start a new game, you don't lose the rewards because they are tied with your uplay account.

Hopefully that answered your question :-)

timpbader
01-25-2015, 02:06 PM
If that was the case I would think there would be widespread complaints by now. That content has never been tied to a save file before. I also didn't lose Uplay items when I deleted and restarted Watchdogs.

fauxtronic
01-25-2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have a lot of Ubisoft games, mostly on PS3 and PC but a couple of PS4 and that's what I would expect, but AC Unity/Uplay integration is kind of unique. There are no additional save slots so you have to delete the save game and profile to start a new game, there are a ridiculous number of rewards to unlock and some are temporary boosters (for health, melee, etc.) related to co-op. While I don't expect the temporary boosters to be given again, I'm just worried that the Uplay unlock system with Unity uses a different mechanism to other games... and, well, might be as badly thought through as so many other aspects of the actual game.

Actually never mind. I've just noticed I can get 20 if I trade this in on Amazon.co.uk, so I'm gonna do that. Thanks again anyway.