PDA

View Full Version : What do you do if you don't want to play a club competition?

Michaeljcox24
01-24-2015, 02:09 PM
Guys,

I like the look of the legendary prowler coat, like a lot of people. I don't have the time, desire, enjoyment, or requirement to play multiplayer / online. Is there a way of avoiding having to do the club competition to get it ? Not all of us are 15 - 25 year old XBox one gamers in America who play online.

Or does the game try and force you to do it to get it? Is there away round it? Micro transactions etc?

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies.

Lignjoslav
01-24-2015, 02:16 PM
You can participate in the competition even if you don't play with your club members, or online. All of the creed points that you make during the competition count towards your team's score. Playing particular missions (one heist and one co-op in each competition) will double the points you earn. You can play those missions solo and it will still count and you can play with random players that the game finds for you and it will also still count. Make sure you earn at least 500 points to be eligible to get the goodies should your club win.

Other than that, they are working on an alternative way to unlock the stuff, but AFAIK it's not there yet.

P.S. Not everyone who plays online is a 15-25, or American. :p

Michaeljcox24
01-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Yeah sorry, just not a fan of the whole online thing. I know some people are. Prefer to put a game on when I feel like it, and not have the stress of being thrashed by someone who plays it 24/7 while I've been at work.

Lignjoslav
01-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Online component in ACU is strictly cooperative, so nobody's getting trashed. In fact, playing those missions with others makes them a lot easier 90% of the time. :)

Michaeljcox24
01-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Co Op games are fun when you actually know the people on your team, I agree, it can be a great laugh.

All of my mates have wives and kids though, and very little time to invest into online coop gaming. They like me, prefer to have a single player game once in a while when they feel like it.

Thanks for replying. I just found a forum post on the console thread saying they are working on 'remaining issues', so it might be addressed. Who knows.

Kudos dude.

similarly
01-24-2015, 03:41 PM
I usually HATE multiplayer, but the people I've played coop with in Unity have been great, and it's been really positive.

That said, you DON'T have to play multiplayer or coop to contribute points to the competition. ANY creed points you earn will count. Also, you can solo the coop missions and heists. I usually solo the heists.

Also, from what I understand, the gear will be available to BUY two weeks after the competition ends. This means that if you WIN the competition, you get it free, but if you don't win, you can wait two weeks and buy it with your in-game currency (not real money!).

Lignjoslav
01-24-2015, 06:41 PM
That's neat! I'd love to get my hands on the legendary sans culottes trousers! :)

strigoi1958
01-24-2015, 11:21 PM
Also you can start a club in the last 24 hours of competition and you will be against 5 teams who probably do not play any more ... just do 1 mission and get your prize

Anykeyer
01-27-2015, 09:14 AM
Also you can start a club in the last 24 hours of competition and you will be against 5 teams who probably do not play any more ... just do 1 mission and get your prize

LOL. Nice trick

strigoi1958
01-27-2015, 11:24 AM
I've done it twice.... the bronze section is full of 1 player clubs that either do not play or earn very little.... the first time I was against 5 teams 4 were 1 player clubs 1 was a 2 player club.

3 teams had not scored any points the whole week, the other 2 had less than 10,000.

The next week, the same thing... only the club promoted with me was scoring points but again only got to 37,000 all week.. I had done 60k in one mission.

So anyone not wanting to wait 2 weeks for an item, just start a new club and if you are against a club with more points than you think you can be bothered to earn, quit and start a new club :D you will quickly find an easy section. Win in 20 minutes.

Remember the prize for winning with 20k is the same gear that people win for 70 hours of farming points to help their club earn 60 million...

The choice is yours..... WORK long and hard and battle for every creed point as many hours as you can put in every single day.... or just be SMART :D

jeffies04
01-27-2015, 07:00 PM
I'm not a big multiplayer guy either, but I really enjoy Unity's coop. The feeling you get when an anonymous stranger stops what they're doing and comes running back in a mission to revive you, for example, is a pretty good one!

I especially like that I can't hear anyone hyperventilating into their microphone.

TH3R4BB1T
01-27-2015, 08:16 PM
What about just walking around? Have a look at the city, it's people and everything that is going on. Trying to competing with people playing 24/7 made me stop even going for it. The lag I have also does not make it easy at times. So I wait for the new patch, hope it solves the most annoying bugs (it will not solve ALL the bugs) and maybe then I will give it a try. The co-op is fun, but having to do the same thing three times over is just to much. Some missions are boring, others though and a few are fun.

The most annoying co-op was The Tournament with the 'challenges'.

Anykeyer
01-28-2015, 07:45 AM
The choice is yours..... WORK long and hard and battle for every creed point as many hours as you can put in every single day.... or just be SMART :D

Or just ignore rewards completely and play when I want to play while staying in my current club:)