PDA

View Full Version : We need more games with same protagonists or else..

Defalt221
01-24-2015, 12:45 PM
Or else they won't be as famous as Ezio. Every Assassins creed game released has fans comparing to Ezio. Connor came and everyone was like... "No,this guy is horrible. He's nowhere NEAR EZIO. Ezio rules!!! EZIO...EZIO!!! EZIO IS EVERYTHING!!! EZIO FTW!!!"
Edward was also the victim of such atrocity. It's Ezio who set the bar too high.
What many don't realize is that the reason Ezio is so famous is BECAUSE OF A TRILOGY on Ezio. I bet if Connor gets a sequel,he'll be MORE FAMOUS THAN EZIO. Yeah,I said it. Connor has more potential to outperform Ezio. And enough of this Ezio copy-paste on every AC protagonist. I'm tired of this "Ezio-like brash,arrogant and charismatic character defines every AC protagonists." That's why Arno (a.k.a Ezio 2.0 minus some character development) was so hated by people. In fact they hated him more than Aiden Pearce from Watch Dogs....
We seriously need a sequel of any of the familiar protagonists. I'm not talking about stupid DLCs. I mean a full blown game like the Ezio sequels that give closure to Connor or Arno. That'll make us appreciate theses characters more.

dxsxhxcx
01-24-2015, 01:12 PM
your logic is flawed because (IMO) Ezio's reputation comes from AC2 alone, ACB did **** with his character (turning him into "grumpy" Ezio out of nowhere) and while ACR was a little better in that aspect I already was too tired of him to care..

Kiltraki
01-24-2015, 02:06 PM
Connor definitely would not be as popular as Ezio. Ezio is just a more like-able guy. Ezio also appeals to the casual fanbase and is considered one of the best protagonists in recent gaming. Connor received a (for the most part) pretty mediocre reception. No one hated him, he just wasn't as enjoyable to watch as Connor.

Also I absolutely disagree that Arno was more hated than Aiden Pearce. Arno was liked a fair bit by most of the community, his problem was that his character wasn't fleshed out enough for people to care about his redemption quest. He's more liked (at least in the casual fanbase) than Connor. Maybe not so in the forums or on Reddit (there's a pretty dedicated bunch of people to Connor) but they are a minority.

dargor5
01-24-2015, 05:04 PM
To me there's a bit of truth in this. With the 3 installments on Ezio's story we got to see him not only grow from child to man, but even to old age were he was actually a Master Assassin.
Ezio is actually the only Assassin we have seen become a true master of the order, Edward, Connor, Arno, they are just good at it and we assume they became masters then but never got to play more, so yes, I think the other characters would be if not more famous more memorables if we were given more gameplay with them.

Another thing about Ezio is his story got 2 off game videos, the first Videos that are on youtube showing live action of Giovanni Auditore and the latest one AC Embers showing Ezio's final moments.
If the other Assassin's were to get the same treatment things would have been different, but I understand that this wasn't the original idea when AC started and Ezio's trilogy was just a way to milk the franchise more

Defalt221
01-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Connor definitely would not be as popular as Ezio. Ezio is just a more like-able guy. Ezio also appeals to the casual fanbase and is considered one of the best protagonists in recent gaming. Connor received a (for the most part) pretty mediocre reception. No one hated him, he just wasn't as enjoyable to watch as Connor.

Also I absolutely disagree that Arno was more hated than Aiden Pearce. Arno was liked a fair bit by most of the community, his problem was that his character wasn't fleshed out enough for people to care about his redemption quest. .

Then I think Arno should get closure before Ubisoft jumps to another new protagonist. One reason we cared about Ezio so much is because we get to see his entire life. His story is thus very believable and the way he retires and all those journeys he takes (Rome,Florence,Venice,Romanga,Constantinople etc..) makes AC 2 trilogy feel like a true action adventure game. The adventure part was huge. Arno should get something like this.

Defalt221
01-24-2015, 05:52 PM
To me there's a bit of truth in this. With the 3 installments on Ezio's story we got to see him not only grow from child to man, but even to old age were he was actually a Master Assassin.
Ezio is actually the only Assassin we have seen become a true master of the order, Edward, Connor, Arno, they are just good at it and we assume they became masters then but never got to play more, so yes, I think the other characters would be if not more famous more memorables if we were given more gameplay with them.

Another thing about Ezio is his story got 2 off game videos, the first Videos that are on youtube showing live action of Giovanni Auditore and the latest one AC Embers showing Ezio's final moments.
If the other Assassin's were to get the same treatment things would have been different, but I understand that this wasn't the original idea when AC started and Ezio's trilogy was just a way to milk the franchise more

Agree 100%. Though people liked Ezio is AC2 very much,this love for him increased manifold with all those short films and future installments that innovated his story more.

AjinkyaParuleka
01-24-2015, 07:15 PM
Connor was a welcome change.After ACIII,all protags are Ezio versions.I was kinda sad when i did not see Connor in ACU for some mission even after being invited by Lafayette.

Altair1789
01-24-2015, 07:44 PM
The thing about Ezio is that he was perfect. He didn't make mistakes, he was a womanizer, he was always joking, etc. Not only that, but we had 3 games with him, and most people joined the series during AC2 or ACB. Now Ubisoft doesn't want any protagonists who aren't charismatic. Arno was the closest to Connor we'll get, after Connor and Arno's bad reception, they'll be way too hesitant to make a realistic assassin. Ubisoft needs to stop caring what fans think, because of that we got 2 games with no modern day, and now a lot of people are asking for modern day again. They also need to stop trying to introduce everyone in the world to this series. Because of that, we haven't had any story that's relevant to the previous AC game since AC3 (which barely had connections to the previous games). If new people start playing AC, and they want to get into the story, they should watch cutscene movies on youtube. The way Ubi is focusing so much on gameplay AND decreasing relevance to previous games is really contradictory. They're trying to introduce the people who only care about gameplay, so then why make the story unrelated to the previous games? If they only care about gameplay, they shouldn't care about the story confusing them, especially since they should keep in mind "this is my first game of the entire series". When I say the story is irrelevant to the previous game, I don't mean we should stick with the same protagonist, I mean the story should have a connection to a game that you'd need to play to understand.

I don't think they should do more games with the same protagonist. I think they should make every assassin kinda like Edward in the sense that he was introduced in the game, we saw his family, then he died. Don't make an assassin with plans of killing him off a few games later, because then he'll get the Connor treatment.

Sorry this might sound confusing. I did a lot of editing

GunnerGalactico
01-24-2015, 07:46 PM
After playing Rogue, I was hoping that Ubi might add another facet or conclude the stories of Assassins such as: Aveline, Edward and Connor on last gen only. I thought they might've gone that route, but that time has long passed unfortunately. :rolleyes:

bitebug2003
01-24-2015, 07:48 PM
I'd like more with AC's with Arno, Edward or Shay.

And Aveline (but she was an exception as I don't think we'll see more female Assassin's as the lead)

dargor5
01-24-2015, 08:23 PM
I'd like more with AC's with Arno, Edward or Shay.

And Aveline (but she was an exception as I don't think we'll see more female Assassin's as the lead)

Thing with Edward is that we already had closure, he wanted to retire after Black Flag and we even saw him on the theater with Haytham, with Connor after he buried the key we don't know what ever happened to his life, same thing we Arno, heck I don't even know what happened between Unity and DK.

I think a story should not spoon feed you everything, wonder and curiosity is good, is what make me like AC1 MD story and not so much the rest of them, but having no idea where the hell everything went is another issue.

Edit: I know that we Connor we had those cutscenes at the end about the revolution but nothing more about his life, we even saw Ezio die, that's why we remember him that much

Namikaze_17
01-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Er, I don't want to stay with one protagonist. Ezio was great, but he bored me by the time of revelations.

Then Connor came and hell unleashed.

Don't wanna repeat that cycle again. ^__^

If anything, I think protagonists should be treated like Edward, Shay or Arno like the others mentioned.

Perk89
01-24-2015, 08:49 PM
I agree that part of what made Ezio was so great was that we got to see his whole story. Ubisoft committed to him and it worked out. Now they're so concerned with waiting to see what the public reception to a character is before they start future plans for him, and by the time a possible sequel could come out, they're already a few games down the line and his time has come and gone-with that character now growing an ever increasing backlog of characters who stories have no resolution and henceforth aren't nearly as interesting.

Heck, why not have Connor star in Unity?
Why not have Edward star in Victory?

it requires more commitment to the characters and the narrative, but the path they've chosen to trod instead certainly hasn't worked.
Being a protagonist in AC used to be a cool, elite club. Now they're cranking them out with no real plan as to where they want to take them or any commitment to telling their story.

Journey93
01-24-2015, 10:08 PM
As much as I love the Ezio Trilogy Edward proved with ACIV that a protagonist doesn't need more than one game
to become popular

Edwards story was told in ACIV in a satisfying manner but sadly Ubisoft screwed up with Connor and Arno in that regard
especially Connor needed one more game (I hate Arno)

Shahkulu101
01-24-2015, 10:20 PM
I'd be totally fine with one character game, if the endings of our protagonists didn't leave such glaring holes.

I don't want an Arno sequel because of his character (I liked him - he was alright) but because there's so many questions about him and Napoleon.

emperior
01-24-2015, 10:55 PM
I agree, we should get more games about the same assassin. Much more enjoyable.

Altair1789
01-24-2015, 11:41 PM
I'd be totally fine with one character game, if the endings of our protagonists didn't leave such glaring holes.

I don't want an Arno sequel because of his character (I liked him - he was alright) but because there's so many questions about him and Napoleon.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel

JustPlainQuirky
01-24-2015, 11:43 PM

This.

Ac3 could have been perfect had the ending been less inconclusive.

And I would argue AC2 would have been fine as a single standalone in Ezio's story.

ACIV's story feels complete despite it not being my favorite.

Fatal-Feit
01-25-2015, 12:17 AM
More fuel to the reason why ACB and R shouldn't have exist. Even if Revelations saved Ezio's character and story.

emperior
01-25-2015, 10:35 AM
More fuel to the reason why ACB and R shouldn't have exist. Even if Revelations saved Ezio's character and story.

Those were solid games in my opinion. Revelations was totally worth it.
AC3 would have been so much better if we had a conclusion on Connor's story.
We know everything of Altair, Ezio and Edward but not about Arno and Connor. They need more, or they won't be remembered.

Namikaze_17
01-25-2015, 10:57 AM
They need more, or they won't be remembered.

No, they don't.

I'm content with TOKW's ending being the end for Connor as much as the DK ending for Arno.

They'll be remembered in my book.

Bane..
12-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Or else they won't be as famous as Ezio. Every Assassins creed game released has fans comparing to Ezio. Connor came and everyone was like... "No,this guy is horrible. He's nowhere NEAR EZIO. Ezio rules!!! EZIO...EZIO!!! EZIO IS EVERYTHING!!! EZIO FTW!!!"
Edward was also the victim of such atrocity. It's Ezio who set the bar too high.
What many don't realize is that the reason Ezio is so famous is BECAUSE OF A TRILOGY on Ezio. I bet if Connor gets a sequel,he'll be MORE FAMOUS THAN EZIO. Yeah,I said it. Connor has more potential to outperform Ezio. And enough of this Ezio copy-paste on every AC protagonist. I'm tired of this "Ezio-like brash,arrogant and charismatic character defines every AC protagonists." That's why Arno (a.k.a Ezio 2.0 minus some character development) was so hated by people. In fact they hated him more than Aiden Pearce from Watch Dogs....
We seriously need a sequel of any of the familiar protagonists. I'm not talking about stupid DLCs. I mean a full blown game like the Ezio sequels that give closure to Connor or Arno. That'll make us appreciate theses characters more.
"EZIO IS SO FAMOUS BECAUSE OF A TRILOGY"
It's clear you didn't understand nothing. He's everyone's favorite because he's perfect and epic as a character. Wake up, hater.

Connor was a welcome change.After ACIII,all protags are Ezio versions.I was kinda sad when i did not see Connor in ACU for some mission even after being invited by Lafayette.

Oh my god, i've never read something more wrong than that.
Noone is like Ezio, and never will be. He was a perfect character , he got everything, style, class, look, skill, humor and a playboy. And that's why he's everyone's favorite and won all those gaming awards.
Connor is probably the worst character of the series, boring with nothing to give you, he's just there, nothing more. Luckily he got 1 game, very very few care about him. I've immediately understood why he's so universally disliked as soon as i started AC III. No personality, no humor, no style, only good at fighting. Nothing more.
Cristina and Ezio's story O W N S Connor's emotionally speaking. Comparing Connor to Ezio is ridiculous.

No. Ezio was already awesome in AC2. ACB and ACR made him a mentor and a legend in gaming history.

siralex1986
12-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Even with 10 games featuring Connor as a protagonist, he woulnd't beat Ezio's fame and same would happen to Arno.

I liked them both honestly(well, Arno mainly), but they don't have that................something that makes me want to play another game with them.

On a side note, I'm quite in love with Jacob&Evie, I think they're the best characters since Ezio and so far I'd definitely be happy with a sequel featuring the twins!

cawatrooper9
12-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Even with 10 games featuring Connor as a protagonist, he woulnd't beat Ezio's fame and same would happen to Arno.

That's quite a claim. Ten games, even with Ubisoft's release schedule, is five straight years of Connor at least (and that would be an unprecedented 2 games per year for 5 years in a row). And your claim is based on... ?

siralex1986
12-01-2015, 03:37 PM
That's quite a claim. Ten games, even with Ubisoft's release schedule, is five straight years of Connor at least (and that would be an unprecedented 2 games per year for 5 years in a row). And your claim is based on... ?

Man, you don't have to take everything literally, I'm not claiming anything; it was just to say that with the same number of games or even with a few more I'm quite sure Connor or Arno wouldn't beat Ezio.

And again, no one can tell for sure, we're just assuming here based on the community feedback on the characters; we definitely know that Ezio has currently a sort of semi-god fame and has become an iconic character when speaking of AC, but no one can really tell if we could have more characters like him in the future.

If you ask my personal opinion I can't see any potential on Connor or Arno, while I see it on Jacob&Evie(if Jacob =/= Jack, ofc).

cawatrooper9
12-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Man, you don't have to take everything literally, I'm not claiming anything; it was just to say that with the same number of games or even with a few more I'm quite sure Connor or Arno wouldn't beat Ezio.

And again, no one can tell for sure, we're just assuming here based on the community feedback on the characters; we definitely know that Ezio has currently a sort of semi-god fame and has become an iconic character when speaking of AC, but no one can really tell if we could have more characters like him in the future.

If you ask my personal opinion I can't see any potential on Connor or Arno, while I see it on Jacob&Evie(if Jacob =/= Jack, ofc).

See what I've bolded? That's a claim.
It's cool that you like Ezio, but don't you at least think part of the reason he's so popular is that he's had three games (when everyone else has gotten one, save Altair's small sections in Revelations)? Do you really think Ezio would still be so popular, six years later, if his story had ended in Minerva's vault? Or would he have been but another string of dark-haired, charismatic male protagonists in a long line of AC characters?

siralex1986
12-01-2015, 04:45 PM
See what I've bolded? That's a claim.
It's cool that you like Ezio, but don't you at least think part of the reason he's so popular is that he's had three games (when everyone else has gotten one, save Altair's small sections in Revelations)? Do you really think Ezio would still be so popular, six years later, if his story had ended in Minerva's vault? Or would he have been but another string of dark-haired, charismatic male protagonists in a long line of AC characters?

Who knows, it could well be indeed; being the protagonist for 3 games surely played a role, but I think Ezio also made his own fortune.

Though, I think there's a reason if Ubisoft sticked to Ezio for 3 games and has still to find a good replacement 4 games after!

cawatrooper9
12-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Though, I think there's a reason if Ubisoft sticked to Ezio for 3 games and has still to find a good replacement 4 games after!

See, I disagree. I think many fans here would've been happy to have a second Connor game, another Edward adventure, more time with Evie and Jacob- some were even hoping for more Arno! And don't even get me started on how many people wanted a Haytham or Shay game/series!

Part of the issue now, I think, is that the books are closing too many doors and not leaving room for future games to expand on a single character- and at what cost? Are these books really worth sacrificing another good subseries?

D.I.D.
12-01-2015, 06:12 PM

No. There was a lot of curiosity about Connor before his arrival, and a lot of disappointment with the game in which he appeared afterwards. Your rabid Ezio fan surely exists, but mostly in your head.

What many don't realize is that the reason Ezio is so famous is BECAUSE OF A TRILOGY on Ezio. I bet if Connor gets a sequel,he'll be MORE FAMOUS THAN EZIO. Yeah,I said it. Connor has more potential to outperform Ezio.

Nope. Ezio was wildly popular before there was even a sequel, let alone a trilogy. Arno started quite well, but ultimately I don't want to see him in a sequel. I liked Edward and Aveline a lot, but I don't want to see them in a sequel because their stories closed perfectly well. I wish Adewale had a bigger game, but his story pretty much wrapped up. I'd be interested in seeing Evie in her late 30s/40s or maybe older. You see how this goes? It's not simply "I like this character therefore there has to be more".

And enough of this Ezio copy-paste on every AC protagonist. I'm tired of this "Ezio-like brash,arrogant and charismatic character defines every AC protagonists."

On this we agree. All the assassins except Altair seem incongruous to their lives to me. That's doesn't mean I want Altair 2.0 either, but I do want them to think harder about this. Jacob annoyed me, and not in the way they wanted him to be annoying.

That's why Arno (a.k.a Ezio 2.0 minus some character development) was so hated by people. In fact they hated him more than Aiden Pearce from Watch Dogs....

I don't see the evidence that there's this burning hatred of Arno. There was scorn for his game, largely because of the bugs controversy, and I doubt many people absolutely loved Arno since he wasn't really written that way. I think you're projecting your own feelings onto the world at large, which we all do, but you need to at least take it down a couple of notches to get anywhere close to the truth. The really strange thing here is that YOU are asking for two more Arno sequels, for a character you don't even like, in the belief that you'll like him in the end. At a cost of three years' business and ~$70 each time to the consumer, what kind of business strategy is this?

Unless I've been incredibly lucky/unlucky to miss all this Arno-hatred, there's no way in the world he's more reviled than Aiden Pearce. Dear God, that's an awful character, and there was a genuine storm of angry comments out there to express that point of view (still a fun game imo, despite that).

Why is a DLC expansion "stupid"? Freedom Cry was fun, and Dead Kings showed a different side to Arno and used the environment for a very different atmosphere. Presumably Jack The Ripper will do the same thing. I think it's great to see the cities being redressed to give us additional eras, like the WWI glitch. Just because you demand sequels for characters doesn't mean DLCs are stupid when they squeeze more life out of an environment. The cities are at least as important as the characters, so it's nice to see these laps of honour for the environments before we move on.

TL, DR - Using DLC expansions to provide more of a character to the people who actually bought that game makes a ton more sense than reproducing more games with the same character in the hope that you'll turn the market's opinion around on your golden boy.

Assassin_M
12-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Your rabid Ezio fan surely exists, but mostly in your head.
Lol no. You should go on YT more.

Nope. Ezio was wildly popular before there was even a sequel, let alone a trilogy.
That is false. Altair remained more popular than Ezio till ACB. Ezio was nothing but a footnote until ACB came out.

To the person who went on a string of necros worshiping Ezio....do not awaken the demon.

D.I.D.
12-01-2015, 06:50 PM
That is false. Altair remained more popular than Ezio till ACB. Ezio was nothing but a footnote until ACB came out.

To the person who went on a string of necros worshiping Ezio....do not awaken the demon.

Sales figures, M. We could argue about whether it was the game, the setting, or Ezio himself that made AC2 dramatically more popular than AC1, but we can say that even with the advantage of time and novelty that Altair did not become a Sonic/Mario unit-shifter. Most importantly, he was not bigger than his game, and Ezio obviously is.

Assassin_M
12-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Sales figures, M. We could argue about whether it was the game, the setting, or Ezio himself that made AC2 dramatically more popular than AC1, but we can say that even with the advantage of time and novelty that Altair did not become a Sonic/Mario unit-shifter. Most importantly, he was not bigger than his game, and Ezio obviously is.
Well, if it's sales figures, AC III is still the top selling game in the franchise. It's been over 3 years and no other game managed to dethrone it yet (Probably no game ever will). What's more, AC III is the second highest voted game for Xbone backwards compatibility, right after AC II (By a pretty small margin)

My point was at you saying that Ezio was big since before Brotherhood, which is not really true. The biggest proof for this is Ubisoft itself. Which outfit is Ezio's default now? Brotherhood's. Which outfit does he wear whenever he appears in third party games? Brotherhood's. Which Ezio is always on marketing material, database entries...etc? Brotherhood's. There's a reason for that. Go anywhere on the internet and look for polls pitting Ezio and Altair against each other after AC II came out. Altair almost always wins. Yeah, no arguing that Ezio was popular in 2009, but saying that he has been a Sonic/Mario unit shifter? Nah. ACB's sales were substantially lower than AC II's.

BananaBlighter
12-01-2015, 07:18 PM
See, I disagree. I think many fans here would've been happy to have a second Connor game, another Edward adventure, more time with Evie and Jacob- some were even hoping for more Arno! And don't even get me started on how many people wanted a Haytham or Shay game/series!

Part of the issue now, I think, is that the books are closing too many doors and not leaving room for future games to expand on a single character- and at what cost? Are these books really worth sacrificing another good subseries?

Hmmm...I wonder. Does the fact that Syndicate's book 'Underworld' is a prologue mean Ubisoft are considering future installments with the twins?

D.I.D.
12-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Well, if it's sales figures, AC III is still the top selling game in the franchise. It's been over 3 years and no other game managed to dethrone it yet (Probably no game ever will). What's more, AC III is the second highest voted game for Xbone backwards compatibility, right after AC II (By a pretty small margin)

My point was at you saying that Ezio was big since before Brotherhood, which is not really true. The biggest proof for this is Ubisoft itself. Which outfit is Ezio's default now? Brotherhood's. Which outfit does he wear whenever he appears in third party games? Brotherhood's. Which Ezio is always on marketing material, database entries...etc? Brotherhood's. There's a reason for that. Go anywhere on the internet and look for polls pitting Ezio and Altair against each other after AC II came out. Altair almost always wins. Yeah, no arguing that Ezio was popular in 2009, but saying that he has been a Sonic/Mario unit shifter? Nah. ACB's sales were substantially lower than AC II's.

True, but ACIII sold on a crazy marketing push, and it did so by conspicuously avoiding the use of images of Connor himself. They pushed anti-British, America F YEAH, "freedom from tyranny" to get the eyeballs of people in the States on it, and it worked a treat. The games press used screenshots and coverage of who Connor was, but the mass media push didn't talk about him at all. It's also the most pre-ordered game in the series's history, and therefore sold unseen.

The American Revolution was always going to be Connor's trump card, and they already played it. Ezio's sequels were sold on the promise of "More Ezio", not Cesare Borgia or Manuel Palaiologos. I have serious doubts if "More Connor" is going to be anything like as big a draw, but supposing I'm wrong? I think ACIII's massive sales are a problem for any Connor sequel anyway. It will inevitably sell less well, and the stellar numbers of ACIII will make that comparison worse. Brotherhood selling a million fewer than ACII wasn't a big deal, but a drop in sales for a Connor sequel to a more sensible level, without the attendant American Revolution hype, would make seriously negative headlines.

Ubisoft are smart marketeers and they don't leave money on the table for no reason. I reckon they saw very quickly that Ezio had the potential to sustain at least one more sequel and a handheld game and ultimately managed to just about get away with turning that into a full console trilogy. I'm not going to try and claim that was an unqualified success, given that I was one of the people who really didn't think much of Revelations as a game at all (loved Istanbul though). I think they just about got away with that, and in terms of a legacy it's lucky they put Altair's library scene into ACR to give it some gravitas.

I think they use Brotherhood's outfit because it refined Ezio's outfit and, by a nose, it's the best-looking of his Italian fashions. It has all the features people consider to be iconic about Ezio, whether or not they played ACB as well as AC2. I don't think that necessarily speaks to the timing of Ezio's popularity. Obviously his popularity had built yet further by the time BH appeared given that the snowball was still rolling, but it was pretty clear after AC2's release that AC now had a character with serious potential. The decision to pull the trigger on BH in the first place means Ubi saw it coming before AC2 was even complete.

Farlander1991
12-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Well, if it's sales figures, AC III is still the top selling game in the franchise. It's been over 3 years and no other game managed to dethrone it yet (Probably no game ever will).

AC4 will actually topple AC3 in time.

If we look at the retail copies (openly tracked), AC3 has sold 12.97 million retail copies by this point, while AC4 - 12.57. It's safe to assume that digital is having the same trend.

Because here's the thing, AC3 had HUUUUUUUGE initial sales, but the tail quickly plummeted. And while AC4 didn't have as big of a surge on release, its tail goes down a lot slower, which, in turn, means more sales in the long run.

AC3 by the end of 2012 sold 9 million retail units, AC4 by end of 2013 - 7 million. In almost 3 years after its release, AC3 has sold 3.97 million retail copies more, while in almost 2 years AC4 has sold 5.57 million copies more. And that's just retail, but again, I assume digital is similar.

So... yeah, AC3's top position soon will not be such.

Eddo36
12-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Connor became crippled at the end of AC III right? He was limping at the ending months later after that last fight.

cawatrooper9
12-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Connor became crippled at the end of AC III right? He was limping at the ending months later after that last fight.

He seemed fine in TOKW...

Farlander1991
12-01-2015, 08:51 PM
Also, while AC2 I guess overall sold a bit better because right now both AC1 and AC2 sit somewhere at 11.25 million copies the difference is not THAT big. Like, on PS3 both AC1 and AC2 sold 2.8 million copies by the end of release year, and 1.4 million copies more by the end of the following year. There is a 1 million difference on XBox, though. AC1 has 1.7 + 1.5, while AC2 has 2.7 + 1.4.

Assassin_M
12-01-2015, 08:54 PM
AC3 by the end of 2012 sold 9 million retail units, AC4 by end of 2013 - 7 million. In almost 3 years after its release, AC3 has sold 3.97 million retail copies more, while in almost 2 years AC4 has sold 5.57 million copies more. And that's just retail, but again, I assume digital is similar.

This, I think, involves more factors than just the popularity of the games, such as the fact that AC IV was a launch title for the PS4 and Xbone. As time passes, less and less people have access to the old gen systems and so there's no way for AC III to catch up to AC IV. Is there a way to compare AC IV and AC III last gen sales? I believe this would draw a more accurate picture.

True, but ACIII sold on a crazy marketing push, and it did so by conspicuously avoiding the use of images of Connor himself. They pushed anti-British, America F YEAH, "freedom from tyranny" to get the eyeballs of people in the States on it, and it worked a treat. The games press used screenshots and coverage of who Connor was, but the mass media push didn't talk about him at all. It's also the most pre-ordered game in the series's history, and therefore sold unseen.

Whilst it is true about the notion of a lot of the marketing, it's not true that they avoided showing Connor himself. AC III followed the usual AC formula for trailers and dev diaries. Connor got a story trailer and had his own dedicated dev diary videos about him.

The American Revolution was always going to be Connor's trump card, and they already played it. Ezio's sequels were sold on the promise of "More Ezio", not Cesare Borgia or Manuel Palaiologos. I have serious doubts if "More Connor" is going to be anything like as big a draw, but supposing I'm wrong? I think ACIII's massive sales are a problem for any Connor sequel anyway. It will inevitably sell less well, and the stellar numbers of ACIII will make that comparison worse. Brotherhood selling a million fewer than ACII wasn't a big deal, but a drop in sales for a Connor sequel to a more sensible level, without the attendant American Revolution hype, would make seriously negative headlines.
Unless we have an accurate number of proportionate sales of Europeans to Americans, I don't think we can say that AC III sold well because of the anti-british rhetoric. If anything, it'd mean that it didn't sell well as it could have in non-american countries because of that rhetoric.

Sure, the promise of more Connor wont be as big of a draw as Ezio, but the game wont sell too much less than how ACB sold compared to AC II. Look at AC IV. It was coming off the supposed failure of AC III and it managed to sell even more than AC II and ACB.

Ubisoft are smart marketeers and they don't leave money on the table for no reason. I reckon they saw very quickly that Ezio had the potential to sustain at least one more sequel and a handheld game and ultimately managed to just about get away with turning that into a full console trilogy. I'm not going to try and claim that was an unqualified success, given that I was one of the people who really didn't think much of Revelations as a game at all (loved Istanbul though). I think they just about got away with that, and in terms of a legacy it's lucky they put Altair's library scene into ACR to give it some gravitas.
Oh I know that. I'm not saying that Ezio wasnt a popular character after AC II released. His character was given glowing reviews by the mainstream press for his sharp contrast to Altair's stoicism and seriousness. I'm contending your assertion that Ezio was always big, bigger than AC II. I don't think that's true.

I think they use Brotherhood's outfit because it refined Ezio's outfit and, by a nose, it's the best-looking of his Italian fashions. It has all the features people consider to be iconic about Ezio, whether or not they played ACB as well as AC2. I don't think that necessarily speaks to the timing of Ezio's popularity. Obviously his popularity had built yet further by the time BH appeared given that the snowball was still rolling, but it was pretty clear after AC2's release that AC now had a character with serious potential. The decision to pull the trigger on BH in the first place means Ubi saw it coming before AC2 was even complete.
Eh, I disagree. If anything, Ezio's Altair armor was more iconic and it had all the familiar features of the popular Ezio. The goatee and all.

Going4Quests
12-01-2015, 09:06 PM
I'd like to see more games with Evie or Lydia Frye! :D

Farlander1991
12-01-2015, 09:15 PM
This, I think, involves more factors than just the popularity of the games, such as the fact that AC IV was a launch title for the PS4 and Xbone. As time passes, less and less people have access to the old gen systems and so there's no way for AC III to catch up to AC IV. Is there a way to compare AC IV and AC III last gen sales? I believe this would draw a more accurate picture.

It wouldn't be more accurate, precisely because ACIV was a launch title for next gen, which actually would hurt its sales because a lot of people would hold off on next gen purchase AND not buy a title for last gen which is already available for next. Plus, the comparison wouldn't be fair because of the audience that DID segment from the last-gen to buy the next-gen at launch. There's no way for a pure platform-comparison to be fair. Also, with install base of PS3/X360 still being HUUUUGE (much bigger than PS4/X1 still), and them being much cheaper, there's plenty of ways for AC3 to catch up with AC4. Only it won't :p

But even on X360/PS3, and that's with the picture not being accurate due to reasons listed above, the second year sales for last gen have went down 50% while second year sales for AC3 have went down 75%, which still puts AC4 at a better spot even though it's actually at a disadvantage.

Unless we have an accurate number of proportionate sales of Europeans to Americans, I don't think we can say that AC III sold well because of the anti-british rhetoric. If anything, it'd mean that it didn't sell well as it could have in non-american countries because of that rhetoric.

Again, because digital is not tracked openly I can't say anything about that, but retail, ACIII has sold 5.88 million units in America and 4.92 million units in Europe. However that's a big trend with AC games that includes European-centric ACII and ACB (they've sold more in America than in Europe), so I wouldn't call that indicative of anything.

Assassin_M
12-01-2015, 09:27 PM
It wouldn't be more accurate, precisely because ACIV was a launch title for next gen, which actually would hurt its sales because a lot of people would hold off on next gen purchase AND not buy a title for last gen which is already available for next. Plus, the comparison wouldn't be fair because of the audience that DID segment from the last-gen to buy the next-gen at launch. There's no way for a pure platform-comparison to be fair.
Well, I'm not saying purely platform. I'm saying that we should keep in mind that AC IV is available on more platforms than AC III and that this makes it more accessible in the long run. Like you said, it might have hurt its last gen sales (Although that could also be attributed to AC III ), but in the long run, it may be what's sustaining it.

Also, with install base of PS3/X360 still being HUUUUGE (much bigger than PS4/X1 still), and them being much cheaper, there's plenty of ways for AC3 to catch up with AC4. Only it won't :p
But who's gonna bother buying a PS3 when they can save and get a PS4? I mean, most people I know who never got into gaming are transitioning by getting PS4s and Xbones, instead of the cheaper PS3s and 360s. I mean, you're right, last gen install bases are still 10 times larger than the current gen, but current gen always outsells last gen when it comes to cross platform games like Watch Dogs.

But even on X360/PS3, and that's with the picture not being accurate due to reasons listed above, the second year sales for last gen have went down 50% while second year sales for AC3 have went down 75%, which still puts AC4 at a better spot even though it's actually at a disadvantage.
Couldn't this just be a reverse effect? Couldn't this mean that the same people who bought AC III on launch just didn't buy AC IV on launch? Yeah, AC III's sales dropped, but that could have a lot of explanations, depending on how you look at it.

Again, because digital is not tracked openly I can't say anything about that, but retail, ACIII has sold 5.88 million units in America and 4.92 million units in Europe. However that's a big trend with AC games that includes European-centric ACII and ACB (they've sold more in America than in Europe), so I wouldn't call that indicative of anything.
So does that also exclude the notion that marketing was what helped AC III's sales? or am I just rambling? :p

Farlander1991
12-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Well, I'm not saying purely platform. I'm saying that we should keep in mind that AC IV is available on more platforms than AC III and that this makes it more accessible in the long run. Like you said, it might have hurt its last gen sales (Although that could also be attributed to AC III ), but in the long run, it may be what's sustaining it.

Well, ACIV was hurted both by ACIII and its generation division. Let's take a look at another example, though. Call of Duty.

Call of Duty's 2012 Black Ops II has sold 28.94 million retail copies up until this point. The PS3/X360 each have sold 10 millions by the end of release year (20 million in total), and then 3 millions until now (6 million in total), so that's 26 million for last gen.
Call of Duty's 2013 Ghosts, also a next-gen launch title, has sold by now 26.39 million copies. The last gen copies have sold 15 millions by the end of release year and 4.5 millions in two years. While the next gen titles have sold 2.97 million on release year, and then in two years 2.85. So in total the last gen version sold 19.5 million, and the next-gen version 5.82 million in total.

Ghosts, both next-gen and last-gen have plummeted a lot quicker than Black Ops II did, and Black Ops II will go stronger for longer than ghosts, though by your logic it doesn't have a chance to compete now. Which is not true. And Ghosts next-gen is not sustainable at all. While for Advanced Warfare (which, like Black Ops II is more higher regarded than Ghosts), PS3, X360 and X1 all have 4 million copies sold, while PS4 has 7. And it's 2014, where in your argument last-gen can't compete with next-gen, yet it does.

So, yeah, it's not just because 'next-gen means more sustainability'. Perceived quality and popularity matter. And ACIV gets more popular and perceived as more quality than AC3.

But who's gonna bother buying a PS3 when they can save and get a PS4?

Lots of people. PS2's sold very well deep into PS3 cycle :p You're forgetting that when you buy an older console for cheap, you also get access to a huuuuuge established game library as well, which for a lot of people is very good, because buy PS4 or X1 now or in a year, who knows how many awesome titles there will be? While for PS3/X360 everything's pretty much established now.

cawatrooper9
12-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Hmmm...I wonder. Does the fact that Syndicate's book 'Underworld' is a prologue mean Ubisoft are considering future installments with the twins?

I don't know a ton about Syndicate's book, but if it is indeed a prologue then they've at least left themselves that option.

However, prologues can still be problematic. For instance, I personally think that the writer of Forsaken kind of wrote the devs into a corner when they had to make Rogue, forcing them to come up with a new character in Shay and shift the focus from Haytham (who should have been the protagonist, given the game's status in the "Kenway" saga).

Assassin_M
12-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Well, ACIV was hurted both by ACIII and its generation division. Let's take a look at another example, though. Call of Duty.

Call of Duty's 2012 Black Ops II has sold 28.94 million retail copies up until this point. The PS3/X360 each have sold 10 millions by the end of release year (20 million in total), and then 3 millions until now (6 million in total), so that's 26 million for last gen.
Call of Duty's 2013 Ghosts, also a next-gen launch title, has sold by now 26.39 million copies. The last gen copies have sold 15 millions by the end of release year and 4.5 millions in two years. While the next gen titles have sold 2.97 million on release year, and then in two years 2.85. So in total the last gen version sold 19.5 million, and the next-gen version 5.82 million in total.

Ghosts, both next-gen and last-gen have plummeted a lot quicker than Black Ops II did, and Black Ops II will go stronger for longer than ghosts, though by your logic it doesn't have a chance to compete now. Which is not true. And Ghosts next-gen is not sustainable at all. While for Advanced Warfare (which, like Black Ops II is more higher regarded than Ghosts), PS3, X360 and X1 all have 4 million copies sold, while PS4 has 7. And it's 2014, where in your argument last-gen can't compete with next-gen, yet it does.

So, yeah, it's not just because 'next-gen means more sustainability'. Perceived quality and popularity matter. And ACIV gets more popular and perceived as more quality than AC3.

Well, if we look at the example of Watch Dogs, the picture is completely different:

Whilst it's not a launch title, the Last Gen sold 3 million retail copies combined, while next gen sold 5.30 million copies. It's not a huge substantial difference, but it's something to consider since this shows that the trend of last gen outselling next gen is not a standard. I think there are more complex factors at play. One would be the genre of Call of Duty and what type of fanbase it appeals to. I imagine MP is one of the biggest catalysts.

Farlander1991
12-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Well, if we look at the example of Watch Dogs, the picture is completely different:

Watch_Dogs is a completely different situation as well, though. It was always marketed and positioned (and, heck, developed as well in terms of focus) as a next-gen title, not as a multiplatform title.

Bane..
12-02-2015, 12:00 AM
Oh I know that. I'm not saying that Ezio wasnt a popular character after AC II released. His character was given glowing reviews by the mainstream press for his sharp contrast to Altair's stoicism and seriousness. I'm contending your assertion that Ezio was always big, bigger than AC II. I don't think that's true.
He wasn't only very popular in 2009, in 2010 he won the character of the year award, for example. Besides, he's still in top list of favorite characters in videogame history, which is incredible and there's no assassin with such a huge success like Ezio, and I'm not surprised. He's the Assassin's creed Icon, and always will be. Speaking of Brotherhood's outfit, I don't think Ubisoft used it because Ezio's maximum popularity was in brotherhood. Back in the days, at the end of AC2 you were already able to see how much loved he was. Brotherhood's outfit just suits Ezio's better because he was mentor there. So, more badass. This is just what i think, though.

Bane..
12-02-2015, 12:03 AM

Truth has been spoken.

Assassin_M
12-02-2015, 12:58 AM
Truth has been spoken.
You're both wrong.

He wasn't only very popular in 2009, in 2010 he won the character of the year award, for example. Besides, he's still in top list of favorite characters in videogame history, which is incredible and there's no assassin with such a huge success like Ezio, and I'm not surprised. He's the Assassin's creed Icon, and always will be. Speaking of Brotherhood's outfit, I don't think Ubisoft used it because Ezio's maximum popularity was in brotherhood. Back in the days, at the end of AC2 you were already able to see how much loved he was. Brotherhood's outfit just suits Ezio's better because he was mentor there. So, more badass. This is just what i think, though.
No, Ezio sucks. He didn't win character of the year in 2010. He only won one in 2009 from Gamespot because he sucks so much it wasn't even for character of the year. Just best new character.

You should try harder.

NAVID4ASSASSIN
12-02-2015, 02:45 AM
i think more games with previous protagonists is a possibility, conner with shay or arno in egypt or sequel to frye twins, i actually read somewhere in the forums that so much screentime for ezio hurt the franchise i kinda agree with that because im used to more than one game with same character and im not feeling these recent games that much every game with new protagonist, anyway im dying for more conner specially with new robes and even arno, jacob and evie have a 70% chance to be in another game.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2015, 05:37 AM
If they're going to stick with their current schedule (i.e. putting out a "main game" that's been in development for a long while, then releasing a "filler" game the next year that reuses assets by the bucketload) I would generally prefer it if they made those two games feature the same protagonist(s). It just lends a sense of cohesion to the brand; it's not about character popularity, it's about making the sequels feel like the logical progression from the previous game rather than a spinoff to keep people interested until the flashy new game comes out. Syndicate is okay, but it very much feels like Unity's younger brother, and given the vast differences in setting, tone, and characters, it feels a little too familiar for its own good.

AdrianJacek
12-02-2015, 06:15 AM
No, Ezio sucks. He didn't win character of the year in 2010.

In fact, he won the VGA 2010 award for "Best Dressed Assassin". Yeah. Keep in mind those were the same people who gave Red Dead Redemption the award from "Best Original Game", despite it being the second game in the Red Dead series, after Revolver.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2015, 06:24 AM
In fact, he won the VGA 2010 award for "Best Dressed Assassin". Yeah. Keep in mind those were the same people who gave Red Dead Redemption the award from "Best Original Game", despite it being the second game in the Red Dead series, after Revolver.

Weelll... kinda. Redemption is a spiritual successor to Revolver at best. Having played both, not calling it an "original game" is a disservice. It's not a sequel to Revolver in any meaningful sense of the word.

I-Like-Pie45
12-02-2015, 07:00 AM
Weelll... kinda. Redemption is a spiritual successor to Revolver at best. Having played both, not calling it an "original game" is a disservice. It's not a sequel to Revolver in any meaningful sense of the word.

its basically just grand theft auto with horses so its no more original than other 2010 sequels like super mario galaxy 2, fallout new vegas, ac brotherhood, god of war 3, just cause 2, mass effect 2, Battlefield: The Last One That Mattered, Call of Duty JFK vs. Zombies, Super Duper Scooper Street Fighter IV EX3 and so on only r* tacks on a different name so people think its an original game just like Darkstalkers which is just basically a Bible fanfic meets Zelda or Dante's Inferno which is God of Wa - no we mean Poet of War.

there were more original games in concept put out on the market in 2010 than RDR - Alan Wake, Alpha Protocol, Deadly Premonition, Super Meat Boy, Limbo, and Vanquish: The Manna of Gods. But not Heavy Rain, that's just a movie with pushy buttons, not a game.

cawatrooper9
12-02-2015, 03:53 PM
If they're going to stick with their current schedule (i.e. putting out a "main game" that's been in development for a long while, then releasing a "filler" game the next year that reuses assets by the bucketload) I would generally prefer it if they made those two games feature the same protagonist(s). It just lends a sense of cohesion to the brand; it's not about character popularity, it's about making the sequels feel like the logical progression from the previous game rather than a spinoff to keep people interested until the flashy new game comes out. Syndicate is okay, but it very much feels like Unity's younger brother, and given the vast differences in setting, tone, and characters, it feels a little too familiar for its own good.

I like this idea a lot. Same protagonists for the "innovative" game and the "improved" game would be good- or, at least have the protagonists and plots mean something to each other somehow. Like, I doubt that the twins even know who Arno or Elise were, and Jacob seems like he might not even have heard of the French Revolution before.

ze_topazio
12-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Jacob doesn't sound like the guy who would know or care about Altair and Ezio either or any historical event.

cawatrooper9
12-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Jacob doesn't sound like the guy who would know or care about Altair and Ezio either or any historical event.

Haha, fair enough- but that's why it's all the more necessary for developers to create reasons for the games to be connected. The Edward references in Syndicate were nice, but they were hardly enough.

m4r-k7
12-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Yep I kinda want another trilogy with the same character (provided they are good xD) set during an Ancient / Medieval period where they travel the world throughout their life and we get to experience this. We need another Assassin who is very well known (and mentioned) throughout future games.

I reckon they could delve into an Assassin's life who did a lot of things from behind the scenes, so that would explain why modern Assassins haven't mentioned them thus far.

Assassin_M
12-02-2015, 04:41 PM
Ezio Auditore received an award from GameSpot for the "Best New Character" in 2009.
That's what I said.

GameZone had him nominated for "Gaming God of 2009".
Nominated only, he didnt win.

He was also nomination at the Spike Video Game Awards 2010 for "Best Character"
Nominated only, he didnt win. A much better character won.

and received an award for the "Best Dressed Assassin".
Best dressed, lol. Because this is barby dress me up aint it?

The 2011 ******SS World Records Gamer's Edition lists Ezio as the 35th most popular video game character.
They can list whatever they want, it's not an award.

Ezio was also voted as the third top character of the 2000s decade by Game Informer* '​s readers.
Not an award.

In 2012, GamesRadar ranked him as the seventh "most memorable, influential, and badass" protagonist in games.
Not an award, chosen by a few people.

They also placed him second on the list of most badass game characters of the generation,
Not an award.

saying "Ezio has become synonymous with the image of the video game assassin", and declared him the "Mister 2009" in their article on the sexiest new characters of the decade of 2000.
lololololo

Further, GamesRadar placed him at number 4 in a list of the 50 best game characters of the generation.
Not an award, just a ranking chosen by a random journalist. Next.

Complex listed Ezio among the "most badass" video game character of all time in 2013, ranking him at 37th place.
You know, that list also has Connor.....ranked higher than Ezio. Burn.

PlayStation Official Magazine ranked Ezio fifth on their list of "finest facial hair gaming has to offer"
Hahahaha oh my god, finest facial hair, you'll grasp at anything.

He also featured on UGO Networks's list of most memorable Italians in video games at 15th place.
What's UGO even?

As you can see, he wasn't just popular in 2009, but also in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, oh..wait...even today.
I see he was loved for his dress, sexiness and facial hair. Those are very important, I guess.

You can hate all you want, for envy or jealousy, but this will also remain YOUR problem.
Oh yes, I totally envy pixels on my screen. What a great life they have, woe is me.

" EZIO SUCKS " ? yea sure, as you can see, your opinion means zero. Even less, i'd say.
God, woman, you're not even trying at this point. Connor > Ezio

ShadoeKat
12-02-2015, 05:33 PM
I was saying this the other day to someone. The one-off character game in AC just misses something. I don't feel overly invested in wanting to play. Ezio made me care because there was a whole story, beginning, middle and end. Now it's toss a character in try to tell a non-compelling story in one game and I think because of that the story suffers. I look for a good compelling story in AC, one I want to be invested in. Grow with that character is another thing. Right now AC doesn't have that.

The Kenway story would have been good if it would have flowed in a coherent order. It was hodge podge. Arno's story could have been very interesting from the beginning, his love story with Elise (which was sooooo much better than what I've seen with Evie and Henry in Syndicate, don't get me started on that), to the Dead Kings DLC where we start to see a more adult Arno. There could have been more to his journey.

Syndicate is just dull, the story writing is so simplistic... the grade school crush relationship with Evie and Henry, the childish rift between Evie and Jacob all the way to the last words of ...I'll race you to the train.

What Ubi needs to do.
1. Write a truly interesting story that can span three games at the most.
2. The same group that creates the first game does the other two also.
3. Develop the primary character so that we want to invest in.
4. Let's not do the Star Wars shuffle... the first trilogy is really the second, the second trilogy is really the prequel to the first trilogy etc. Let's make it linear in how the games progress.

Ezio's story stands out for all that we all keep saying, trilogy, compelling story and then they had a lot more puzzles and discovering things. I could go on. But the original poster is on the road.

Assassin_M
12-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Ezio's story stands out for all that we all keep saying, trilogy, compelling story and then they had a lot more puzzles and discovering things. I could go on. But the original poster is on the road.
You don't need more than one game to portray a long journey. Altair's game spanned a few months and he had more development than Ezio did in AC II and ACB combined.

ShadoeKat
12-02-2015, 06:17 PM
You don't need more than one game to portray a long journey. Altair's game spanned a few months and he had more development than Ezio did in AC II and ACB combined.

Visually appealing game, lousy voice acting, character attitude left something to be desired, compelling story that would have been better with an additional game or two to make me even care who he is. He was who he was, not my favorite AC character. I disagree with you, but that's your opinion.

AdrianJacek
12-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Well, Wikipedia says it's "...The second title in the Red Dead franchise, after 2004's Red Dead Revolver."
So basically the second game in the series.
Apparently the devs viewed it as a "spiritual succesor" but that's not really how spiritual succesors work... Mighty No9, Yooka-Laylee, Bloodstained. Now those are spiritual succesors. They're not a part of the original franchises but they will borrow as many elements as they can.
Red Dead Redemption on the other hand... it's still the same franchise. Still the same game series.
It's basically the matter of the name. I.e. You can't say Far Cry 2 is a spiritual succesor to the first game because it's still "Far Cry" in name. Far Cry proves a bunch of games that are not connected by anything other than the gameplay premise can still be a part of the same series.

Assassin_M
12-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Visually appealing game, lousy voice acting, character attitude left something to be desired, compelling story that would have been better with an additional game or two to make me even care who he is. He was who he was, not my favorite AC character. I disagree with you, but that's your opinion.
I'm not talking about abstract concepts like voice acting or subjective elements like preference. Altair's arc is about someone who goes from being an arrogant and snobbish brat to a wise and humble master. Altair starts the game not giving a sod about anyone other than himself. What he did, he did to impress his master and revel in the jealousy of his peers. He payed no heed to anyone's advice and viewed himself as better than everyone around him, beyond compare. His few month journey transformed him from that person to the person we see at the end of the game.

The problem with Ezio is that he has no character vehicle. He starts with no character flaws that diminish throughout the game. He starts as an obedient, charming, kind and funny young man. He loves his parents and does chores for them, he loves his brothers and sister and does his best to make them happy. He woes ladies and gets into their pants all the time. He literally has no flaws, he's a Gary Stu. There's not much you can do with this character. Whenever someone says that Ezio developed, all they can say is "He wont from a naive boy to an experienced Master Assassin". How does this denote character? What denotes his Master Assassin status? His robes? His facial hair? The only piece of development for Ezio in AC II was relegated to DLC. PAYED DLC that was cut from the main game and resold for $10.

In comparison to Altair, Ezio's pretty weak because he has no end goal. Not an objective or mission but a character end goal, a destination. Altair's problems at first were his arrogance and pride. His mission/objective is to reattain his rank and honor. Ezio's mission/objective is revenge. They both have missions/objectives but only Altair's character has an end goal. You don't really see where Ezio's character is going. The story doesn't help either. With Altair, there's Malik who constantly brings up his failure and his arrogance. Al-Mualim constantly brings up his rebellious nature. There's no such person with Ezio, no people or scenarios to show us his mistakes nor his flaws. On the contrary, everyone around Ezio praises him all the time. Nothing to show where his character is going. Oh, he's going to grow into a Master Assassin. We don't see that, we don't see this growth (Well, apart from a fancy beard). No one tells him what it means to be a true Assassin, no one tells him how revenge is pointless, it just comes out of no where.

Do you remember Altair's conversation with Richard in Arsuf after killing Robert? When Richard asks why Altair came this far to kill one man? Altair's entire motivations, progression and goals were summarized in that bit. Richard erroneously thinks Altair was here for revenge--and he would have been correct if it was in the beginning of the game--but Altair corrects him and tells him that it was rather justice, than revenge. BOOM, full circle. He no longer possessed the pride of wanting to avenge his failure and reclaim his honor from the man who bested him. Rather, this was the first time he acted for someone other than himself. He acted not for revenge, but for justice. For the danger that Robert posed to his brothers. Since the first target, Tamir, Altair has been doing this solely for his own benefit, but that gradually changes as he discovers what connects all these random man he's sent to assassinate.

Now, with Ezio, his character and progression shift and jump in the last 5 minutes of the game. We're under the impression that Ezio is only pursuing Rodrigo because he's a dangerous Templar with access to the vault which houses a powerful weapon and the staff of Eden in his hands. No more revenge because he's totally over it, right? No:
"I thought i was beyond this but i'm not"
Ezio says this when he reaches Rodrigo. Oh....okay then, so...you're still kinda finding your place in the dedication to the Creed, yeah? Okay, let's kill him, one less Templar for the Creed; but then:
"Killing you wont bring my family back, I'm done"
WHAT? so you're not over revenge but wait you're over it and you're a dedicated assassin but wait, you're not because you're...over revenge? How does this make any sense? We went on a 23 year journey, killing OVER 20 people because their names were on a list and one of those people was a mentally challenged and NOOOWWWW you have the big boss, the reason for ALLLL of this and you're....done? Wow, Ezio, real mature. I guess you wont lose any sleep now after all those people you killed. It was pretty much pointless after all. Let's also slap Ezio saying the Creed in Italian to create the illusion of progression.

cawatrooper9
12-02-2015, 08:19 PM
The only piece of development for Ezio in AC II was relegated to DLC. PAYED DLC that was cut from the main game and resold for $10.

I know you just said this, but I just feel the need to emphasize it, because I'm amazed that people are never up in arms over this (though I suppose it happened six years ago now...). The most vital moment in Ezio's character development, the one thing that recognized his tragic flaw, and a moment that later sections of the game even allude to... is DLC that is still not free. Not to mention that it is literally a memory sequence in the game- it would have been like if they cut the sequence where Edward returns to the Assassins out of Black Flag, then sold it to us later.

Assassin_M
12-02-2015, 08:27 PM
I know you just said this, but I just feel the need to emphasize it, because I'm amazed that people are never up in arms over this (though I suppose it happened six years ago now...). The most vital moment in Ezio's character development, the one thing that recognized his tragic flaw, and a moment that later sections of the game even allude to... is DLC that is still not free. Not to mention that it is literally a memory sequence in the game- it would have been like if they cut the sequence where Edward returns to the Assassins out of Black Flag, then sold it to us later.
Back then, Ubisoft could do no wrong. People act like some of Ubisoft's policies are new things that popped up recently and they long for the "good ol' days" of Patrice. At least no game after AC II cut content from the MIDDLE OF THE GAME and resold it as DLC.

Back then, no one said a peep about it. No one said anything about them cutting something out and reselling it for $10. It's really funny how that plays out.

I-Like-Pie45
12-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Like GI Joe says, knowing is half the battle!

Hans684
12-02-2015, 08:37 PM
I'm not talking about abstract concepts like voice acting or subjective elements like preference. Altair's arc is about someone who goes from being an arrogant and snobbish brat to a wise and humble master. Altair starts the game not giving a sod about anyone other than himself. What he did, he did to impress his master and revel in the jealousy of his peers. He payed no heed to anyone's advice and viewed himself as better than everyone around him, beyond compare. His few month journey transformed him from that person to the person we see at the end of the game.

The problem with Ezio is that he has no character vehicle. He starts with no character flaws that diminish throughout the game. He starts as an obedient, charming, kind and funny young man. He loves his parents and does chores for them, he loves his brothers and sister and does his best to make them happy. He woes ladies and gets into their pants all the time. He literally has no flaws, he's a Gary Stu. There's not much you can do with this character. Whenever someone says that Ezio developed, all they can say is "He wont from a naive boy to an experienced Master Assassin". How does this denote character? What denotes his Master Assassin status? His robes? His facial hair? The only piece of development for Ezio in AC II was relegated to DLC. PAYED DLC that was cut from the main game and resold for $10.

In comparison to Altair, Ezio's pretty weak because he has no end goal. Not an objective or mission but a character end goal, a destination. Altair's problems at first were his arrogance and pride. His mission/objective is to reattain his rank and honor. Ezio's mission/objective is revenge. They both have missions/objectives but only Altair's character has an end goal. You don't really see where Ezio's character is going. The story doesn't help either. With Altair, there's Malik who constantly brings up his failure and his arrogance. Al-Mualim constantly brings up his rebellious nature. There's no such person with Ezio, no people or scenarios to show us his mistakes nor his flaws. On the contrary, everyone around Ezio praises him all the time. Nothing to show where his character is going. Oh, he's going to grow into a Master Assassin. We don't see that, we don't see this growth (Well, apart from a fancy beard). No one tells him what it means to be a true Assassin, no one tells him how revenge is pointless, it just comes out of no where.

Do you remember Altair's conversation with Richard in Arsuf after killing Robert? When Richard asks why Altair came this far to kill one man? Altair's entire motivations, progression and goals were summarized in that bit. Richard erroneously thinks Altair was here for revenge--and he would have been correct if it was in the beginning of the game--but Altair corrects him and tells him that it was rather justice, than revenge. BOOM, full circle. He no longer possessed the pride of wanting to avenge his failure and reclaim his honor from the man who bested him. Rather, this was the first time he acted for someone other than himself. He acted not for revenge, but for justice. For the danger that Robert posed to his brothers. Since the first target, Tamir, Altair has been doing this solely for his own benefit, but that gradually changes as he discovers what connects all these random man he's sent to assassinate.

Now, with Ezio, his character and progression shift and jump in the last 5 minutes of the game. We're under the impression that Ezio is only pursuing Rodrigo because he's a dangerous Templar with access to the vault which houses a powerful weapon and the staff of Eden in his hands. No more revenge because he's totally over it, right? No:
Ezio says this when he reaches Rodrigo. Oh....okay then, so...you're still kinda finding your place in the dedication to the Creed, yeah? Okay, let's kill him, one less Templar for the Creed; but then:
WHAT? so you're not over revenge but wait you're over it and you're a dedicated assassin but wait, you're not because you're...over revenge? How does this make any sense? We went on a 23 year journey, killing OVER 20 people because their names were on a list and one of those people was a mentally challenged and NOOOWWWW you have the big boss, the reason for ALLLL of this and you're....done? Wow, Ezio, real mature. I guess you wont lose any sleep now after all those people you killed. It was pretty much pointless after all. Let's also slap Ezio saying the Creed in Italian to create the illusion of progression.

And AC: Discovery in the mix and it's worse. Long before reaching the Borgia he says his duty for the Assassins is bigger than revenge. Yet when meeting him in Venice he says "This us gift my father you...." *gets kicked down* *Rodrigo runs* *Ezio insist on perusing him while saying he don't give a damn about the box with the artifact* Had his duty for the Assassins been bigger than revenge he wouldn't insist and try to fight for the Apple instead of revenging his father and brothers.

ShadoeKat
12-02-2015, 10:00 PM

If you really understood what my comment was about was that having more than one-off characters, seeing them develop through more than one game would be good. Ezio was used as an example because it's really the only game AC has that shows this example.

Still wasn't impressed with the story summed up in AC1, would have liked more at least one more game.

Ezio wasn't my favorite but his trilogy was an example and obviously appeals to many but the reason for that could also be because they felt something about him in the first game enough to follow two more. Surely different than Syndicate which was a bad story and both characters were not interesting and actually not very adult in many ways. Not the best assassin's, felt no need to even care about their story.

Depending on what type of player you are or what kind of fan you are of AC, it's a big job to juggle things AND still attract new players to the franchise and keep the old. But there seems a general feeling that a trilogy does appeal to people more than just a one off. Even just two games would be ok... or if Ubi could write a really good storyline and develop a good main character... then maybe one game would be enough. That hasn't happened yet in my opinion, but hope to see it one day.

Bane..
12-02-2015, 10:07 PM
That's what I said.

Nominated only, he didnt win.

Nominated only, he didnt win. A much better character won.

Best dressed, lol. Because this is barby dress me up aint it?

They can list whatever they want, it's not an award.

Not an award.

Not an award, chosen by a few people.

Not an award.

lololololo

Not an award, just a ranking chosen by a random journalist. Next.

You know, that list also has Connor.....ranked higher than Ezio. Burn.

Hahahaha oh my god, finest facial hair, you'll grasp at anything.

What's UGO even?

I see he was loved for his dress, sexiness and facial hair. Those are very important, I guess.

Oh yes, I totally envy pixels on my screen. What a great life they have, woe is me.

God, woman, you're not even trying at this point. Connor > Ezio
I can show you SO many lists with Ezio in high places and Connor is not even considered, just ask me and ill show you.
Besides, even brotherhood was reviewed 100 times better than ac3. Do you know why AC3 has been so sold? Because AC2 and Ezio were absolutely awesome, people expected to see something even better, but it didn't happen. You envy the fact that your favorite Assassin is 0 compared to Ezio Auditore, this really frustrates you to death.
You just ironically commented all the success Ezio had, nice try seriously , still Connor can only dream them.
He's not only everyone's favorite, Ezio was absolutely perfect: brash, humorous and courageous, he had his killing style which matched perfectly with his personality. His young days, his mistakes and when finally he became mentor, his grow was absolutely emotional. But you won't admit that, so let's go further. I enjoyed AC3, but I definitely understood why Connor is so disliked in the right moment i started the game. Absolutely no character development, no personality, just complaining about being an assassin. Just like playing with a piece of stone.
You said Ezio was famous just in 2009, I proved you were completely wrong, besides he's the Ac's icon and always will be.
"I see he was loved for his dress, sexiness and facial hair. Those are very important, I guess." You really don't wanna open your eyes, i see. Anyway, let's say he was loved just for his look ( hahahahahahaha) , that's way better from being famous as the most disliked character of the series, wouldn't you say?
I already know your kind.
Before AC3:" woooo ezio's games are awesome!! love him!"
Ac3 came out: "wow! An assassin fighting for my country! For America's independence..Connor rules and ezio sucks."
Aaah..ridiculous.
I'm still waiting for Connor's trilogy, tho.

ERICATHERINE
12-02-2015, 11:28 PM

Yay, I want one. I also want a trilogy of Shay, Aveline and Jacob and Evie. And while going that way I must say I also would like another game with Arno and/or Edward and/or Haytam and/or Altair and/or Shao Jun. And YES I'm serious while saying that. ^-^

D.I.D.
12-03-2015, 02:34 AM
Yay, I want one. I also want a trilogy of Shay, Aveline and Jacob and Evie. And while going that way I must say I also would like another game with Arno and/or Edward and/or Haytam and/or Altair and/or Shao Jun. And YES I'm serious while saying that. ^-^

That's a minimum nine years of releases you're talking about there, and that's if we count the first game of each of these trilogies as being already ticked off. A decade of no new characters, in order to provide closure on a whole bunch old characters specifically because their stories weren't good enough.

Assassin_M
12-03-2015, 04:25 AM
If you really understood what my comment was about was that having more than one-off characters, seeing them develop through more than one game would be good. Ezio was used as an example because it's really the only game AC has that shows this example.
And like I said, you don't need more than one game to have proper development. As I demonstrated, Altair had a more concise character arc in one game than Ezio did in his first two games, regardless about how you feel about both of them.

Ezio wasn't my favorite but his trilogy was an example and obviously appeals to many but the reason for that could also be because they felt something about him in the first game enough to follow two more.
They gave Ezio two more games because he had potential and Ubisoft wanted to cash in on the success of AC II, nothing more.

or if Ubi could write a really good storyline and develop a good main character... then maybe one game would be enough. That hasn't happened yet in my opinion, but hope to see it one day.
I would say they already accomplished that twice.

I can show you SO many lists with Ezio in high places and Connor is not even considered, just ask me and ill show you.
Internet polls mean nothing.

Besides, even brotherhood was reviewed 100 times better than ac3.
I guess that's why AC III has 35, 200 votes for xbone backwards compatibility to ACB's measly 27,000

Do you know why AC3 has been so sold? Because AC2 and Ezio were absolutely awesome
That makes absolutely no sense.

You envy the fact that your favorite Assassin is 0 compared to Ezio Auditore, this really frustrates you to death.
Ezio sucks

You just ironically commented all the success Ezio had, nice try seriously , still Connor can only dream them.
Connor is fictional, he can't dream.

He's not only everyone's favorite, Ezio was absolutely perfect: brash, humorous and courageous
You just described everything wrong with Ezio.

he had his killing style which matched perfectly with his personality.
Wha-? That doesnt even- What?

His young days, his mistakes
So...he was perfect...but he made mistakes? You can't have it both ways, sorry.

and when finally he became mentor, his grow was absolutely emotional.
As emotional as a train wreck, yeah.

But you won't admit that, so let's go further.
Admittance implies facts. None has been offered.

I definitely understood why Connor is so disliked in the right moment i started the game. Absolutely no character development, no personality, just complaining about being an assassin.
You got all that just from starting the game? You must be some kind of psychic.

You said Ezio was famous just in 2009
No, I said the opposite.

I proved you were completely wrong
No, you clumsily copied and pasted abstract information from Wikipedia as your argument.

besides he's the Ac's icon and always will be.
AC has moved on to much better pastures.

You really don't wanna open your eyes, i see.
Ooooh, brave keyboard typer, here to open the eyes of the Sheeple. Keep fighting the good fight, gurl.

that's way better from being famous as the most disliked character of the series, wouldn't you say?
Yeah, at least they wont be Ezio.

I already know your kind.
Before AC3:" woooo ezio's games are awesome!! love him!"
Ac3 came out: "wow! An assassin fighting for my country! For America's independence..Connor rules and ezio sucks."
Aaah..ridiculous.
God, you're so desperate. I'm Egyptian, did you forget so quickly? It's so funny because I know this is not you, but you keep trying soooo hard and you're just failing. I know you absolutely looooove Connor.

Good characters don't need trilogies. Just ask Joel or Ellie or John Marston or Altair or Edward.

Namikaze_17
12-03-2015, 05:08 AM
M, why do you even bother?

Assassin_M
12-03-2015, 05:40 AM
M, why do you even bother?
Because it's fun to mess with people.

I-Like-Pie45
12-03-2015, 05:41 AM
Because no one else will!

Ichrukia56
12-03-2015, 06:10 AM
Because it's fun to mess with people.

you sound just like Darby ;)

Mr.Black24
12-03-2015, 07:28 AM
you sound just like Darby ;)

Legend still says he sustains his immortality with the tears of many heart torn AC Fans everywhere.

Good characters don't need trilogies. Just ask Joel or Ellie or John Marston or Altair or Edward.

To be fair, Altair and Edward's stories get closure from outside media sources like in books and databases. Even mentions, and legacies told by mouth from future generations grow their life story more.

And I don't want a trilogy. Just one sequel that ties up all that was set during the 18th century. The only reason why I'm torn about the whole "witness death" part is the fact that it would not only feel tasteless, but just wrong if it was thrown in the database or something, kind of like the example that Mega had put up:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/a/a1/Poochie.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121207211354

https://themultimediamassive.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/65e2a-poochie-slide.jpg

But that's just me thou.

Gold31415
12-03-2015, 09:43 AM
Love how everyone loves Ezio but none of the kiddies knows who Roger Craig Smith is.

Arno was a carbon copy of Ezio minus the talents of RCS. That's why Arno sucked.

MOMMY, MOMMY!!! Jacob is my favorite Assassin and he's the BESTEST OF THEM ALL because I am 5 years old and I just started playing AC this year!!! MOMMY, MOMMY!

Bane..
12-03-2015, 12:38 PM
And like I said, you don't need more than one game to have proper development. As I demonstrated, Altair had a more concise character arc in one game than Ezio did in his first two games, regardless about how you feel about both of them.
The first game is usually considered the fan's favorite. Anyway, Altair became even more loved after Revelations, after Ezio's game.

They gave Ezio two more games because he had potential and Ubisoft wanted to cash in on the success of AC II, nothing more.

So you just said Connor hadn't potential. Well said! You're starting to get it! At last ,pal.

Internet polls mean nothing.
hahahahahah

I guess that's why AC III has 35, 200 votes for xbone backwards compatibility to ACB's measly 27,000.
Games reviewers like Metacritic and Gamesradar ranked brotherhood higher than AC3.

That makes absolutely no sense.

My sentence didn't end there, and you know it. Otherwise i would've agreed with you.

Ezio sucks.
Yea, he sucks so much to be universally loved and the only one that had a trilogy. He didn't need a trilogy to be the best, but ehy, we made the greatest character ever, a truly money-maker, let's make a trilogy! That's what Ubisoft thought before Brotherhood.

Connor is fictional, he can't dream.
He can. And he actually does while he thinks at Ezio's success.

You just described everything wrong with Ezio.
So, if being brash, humorous and courageous means you're a terrible character, well i agree with you then. Connor is the best, i wonder why he's do disliked!

Wha-? That doesnt even- What?
I don't know Egyptian, forgive me.

So...he was perfect...but he made mistakes? You can't have it both ways, sorry..
A young man that makes mistakes which make him grow to mentor. It's not hard, use your brain a bit. Try, at last. Noone is born perfect and remains like that.

As emotional as a train wreck, yeah.
Your opinion, which doesn't mean nearly as much.

Admittance implies facts. None has been offered.
I don't need facts with Ezio.

You got all that just from starting the game? You must be some kind of psychic.

I know, cool isn't it? Besides, i'm always right.

No, you clumsily copied and pasted abstract information from Wikipedia as your argument.

Lol, of course i did! I don't have time to write so much.

AC has moved on to much better pastures.
Ezio's still considered the best, hmm, weird.

Ooooh, brave keyboard typer, here to open the eyes of the Sheeple. Keep fighting the good fight, gurl.
Ehy, you have the same Connor's Humor!

Yeah, at least they wont be Ezio.
I agree, They won't be Ezio, ahah that's for sure. Believe me.

God, you're so desperate. I'm Egyptian, did you forget so quickly? It's so funny because I know this is not you, but you keep trying soooo hard and you're just failing. I know you absolutely looooove Connor.
hahahahaha, me a desperate? Failing? Why? I'm just defending Ezio, which is the most loved assassin, ehy wait...that means .. i don't even need to do so..lost my time here. Damn it.

Characters with 0 potential have 1 game. Besides, you probably forgot that Altair is mentioned in Brotherhood and you can even play as him till the end of his days in Revelations.
Joel and Ellie were amazing, but one game is enough.
Ubisoft didn't even tell us how Connor died, proves how much they care about him.

Assassin_M
12-03-2015, 05:13 PM
So you just said Connor hadn't potential. Well said! You're starting to get it! At last ,pal.
Potential =/= quality. CoD's potential was cashed on by Activision, it sells triple what AC sells every year. Does that mean it's a quality series? No. You're just a closeted Connor lover, I know your kind.

-snip-
Apologize for your lies and slander, Connor lover. You called me an american when I wasn't, I could sue you.

Bane..
12-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Potential =/= quality. CoD's potential was cashed on by Activision, it sells triple what AC sells every year. Does that mean it's a quality series? No. You're just a closeted Connor lover, I know your kind.

Apologize for your lies and slander, Connor lover. You called me an american when I wasn't, I could sue you.

The Witcher's potential is huge, is it a quality series? Yes. We can make thousands of examples which would be fine for both.
Truth always hurts, but you gotta move on , otherwise things will go even worse.
C mon don't be mad, i didn't say you're an *******. I didn't call you american directly, It's cool to be an american, you know.
You're fooling me, but do you wanna know the truth? Tonight , once i'm back home, i'm gonna play Ac3 all night long , can't wait.

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-04-2015, 03:45 AM
This is why I love you M.

Your convincing lengthy (maybe even reasonable :rolleyes:) arguments always entertain me.

Even though they are 90% of the time reasonable ^_^

Assassin_M
12-04-2015, 04:22 AM
This is why I love you M.

Your convincing lengthy (maybe even reasonable :rolleyes:) arguments always entertain me.

Even though they are 90% of the time reasonable ^_^
I am never reasonable. I am anarchy.

Ichrukia56
12-04-2015, 04:40 AM
"Legend still says he sustains his immortality with the tears of many heart torn AC Fans everywhere."

LOL

Assassin_M
12-04-2015, 04:57 AM
"Legend still says he sustains his immortality with the tears of many heart torn AC Fans everywhere."

LOL
Ezio*

WendysBrioche
12-10-2015, 04:13 AM
The character would have to be good. Jacob and Evie Frye don't cut it for me. Personally I don't think any of the Assassin's since Ezio were deserving of a sequel.

If AC Unity were a more substantial game I was open to the idea of having a sequel for him with Napoleon as the antagonist.

But I'm probably one of a few who liked Arno. Anyways. Bleh.

D.I.D.
12-10-2015, 05:16 AM
The character would have to be good. Jacob and Evie Frye don't cut it for me. Personally I don't think any of the Assassin's since Ezio were deserving of a sequel.

Same. I mean, there's potential for Evie to grow into a really interesting character in 20 years' time, but then why not just start again with someone else (and if she's *that* different, won't she effectively *be* someone else)?

I just saw this concept art at Kotaku by the CA for Dishonored...
http://kotaku.com/dishonored-was-such-a-beautiful-video-game-1747203815
... and saw this from his portfolio

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--swyXnEPT--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/px49nqffho3zg59p81oo.jpg

Immediately thought YES, GIVE ME AN ASSASSIN LIKE THIS. Without even speaking, this face has so much more appropriate character than Jacob or Evie. I thought this character was meant to be female at first, but it turns out he isn't (I tracked down the short story for which he made this illustration, and the character is definitely male), but a woman who looked like this would be fantastic. I think Ubisoft is quite likely to give us slender women with cute button noses and little bow lips if they're left to their own devices, but if you imagine this character as female - half Brienne of Tarth, half Grace Jones - she'd be great.

UbiFancy
12-12-2015, 01:00 AM
but if you imagine this character as female - half Brienne of Tarth, half Grace Jones - she'd be great.

I would play that game in a heartbeat.

ImaginaryRuins
12-12-2015, 04:22 AM
I hope I can see Connor and the Frye twins more. Connor led a very bitter life but he never gave up; the interaction between the twins is quite intriguing.

I am fed up with so many players worshipping Ezio as if he were a god. I have to agree with the OP. Ezio is famous mainly because he gets a trilogy, which is because Ezio JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE MAIN CHARACTER in the critical acclaimed AC2. I don't hate Ezio, but he is too overated in my opinion.

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-12-2015, 05:22 AM
I hope I can see Connor and the Frye twins more. Connor led a very bitter life but he never gave up; the interaction between the twins is quite intriguing.

I am fed up with so many players worshipping Ezio as if he were a god. I have to agree with the OP. Ezio is famous mainly because he gets a trilogy, which is because Ezio JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE MAIN CHARACTER in the critical acclaimed AC2. I don't hate Ezio, but he is too overated in my opinion.

Pretty much took the words right out of my mouth.

briangade
12-17-2015, 09:47 AM
Well this turned into:Your favorite assassins sucks my favorite is the best in a hurry.

But yes I think it would be nice if we could get to have the same protagonist(s) in more than just one game.
Another game with Connor might be a good thing,I'm not a huge fan of him but that might change with another game.

I would like another game with Arno,so much cool stuff in hintet at with Napoleon.And it would be kind of cool with a game featuring Avaline,IMO they could do some interesting stuff with her.

EaglePrince25
12-17-2015, 01:32 PM
^That's what conversations like these tend to turn into.

But yeah i'd like more games featuring the same protagonists, as long as there's sufficient room to tell a decent story. So for example, obviously we don't need another game featuring Ezio. Same goes for Altair in my opinion. Connor however? Arno? Sure, give us another game and i'll play it. Throw Aveline another game and i'd be down. Heck, if they can think up something interesting for the years Edward travelled and researched the Pieces of Eden/Those Who Came Before, or Shay's search for the box and manuscript i'd by the games.

whatr_those
12-17-2015, 05:18 PM
Ezio was a walking cliche with a dry, cardboard personality. No one genuinely likes Ezio, you know that, right? He's just fetishized by most, not genuinely adored or respected.

ze_topazio
12-17-2015, 06:27 PM
Ezio was a walking cliche with a dry, cardboard personality. No one genuinely likes Ezio, you know that, right? He's just fetishized by most, not genuinely adored or respected.

Speak for yourself.

I-Like-Pie45
12-17-2015, 06:40 PM
wrong thread :edit:

if you ask me, there shouldn't be any sequels for this series again, it would solve the problem of people demanding sequels

ERICATHERINE
12-17-2015, 06:46 PM
I would like another game with Jacob and/or Evie. As for Connor, Aveline, Shay and Arno, ubisoft could very well make a game with them in.

Aveline and Connor were born nearly at the same year. At some point, we could see Eseosa (Adewale's grand son) arrive at the homestead as it was said in acinitiates.com. Also, Arno could arrive there to get information about Shay, because he learned he killed his biological father. As for Shay, in ac rogue, he said that since Connor erased everything he done with a revolution, he will try to do the same thing with what Connor did. The groupe of Assassins could then unite to kill Shay before he succed with his plan. I know Connor would be an old man like Aveline an old woman, but since Ezio was capable of killing trained soldiers in combat while he was past 90 years old, I'm sure everyone could fight very well. Everything ubisoft need for this story his already there, waiting to be used.

Please ubisoft. Could you do that for the ac fans, someday. ^-^

EaglePrince25
12-17-2015, 08:04 PM

A broad generalized statement making a biased claim that can't possibly be proved? Yep, also something that'll pop up in discussions such as this one.