PDA

View Full Version : Swiss tournament prize payout?

Splajbutt
01-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Hi,

Could someone please explain how prize handout is decided in a swiss?

I have won 2 games out of 3 countless times, sometimes 2 in a row and getting to 'final', but have NEVER won a prize?

I don't know whether the break points are involved; if they are, how are they calculated???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

twardy_
01-24-2015, 01:02 PM
in 95% of the cases you need to win first 2 games (to be at least 2nd in the end), the 5% is kinda tricky when people leave and mess up the break points

NottrDerBarBar
01-24-2015, 01:48 PM
Ja, it is about the breakpoints. At the end place 1 has 3:0 wins. Place 2-4 have 2:1 wins. The player with most breakpoints of these 3 players get place 2. The breakpoints show the strength of the players you beat during tournament. Every win of your opponents give you 5 breakpoints, every loss 1.
Read the beginner guide under tournaments, swiss for more information: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/895601-malkorion-s-guide-for-new-players

Volverth
01-24-2015, 03:14 PM
in 95% of the cases you need to win first 2 games (to be at least 2nd in the end), the 5% is kinda tricky when people leave and mess up the break points

normally yes, in my case its ... I guess something about 30% :(

twardy_
01-24-2015, 03:45 PM
never had a bad experience with swiss tournaments - i even won one with 2:1 w/l ratio

lets be honest is there even a small chance to make a tournament with cool prizes for every1 who participate? i dont think so, thats why theres simply no sense playing swiss when you lost your 1st game...

xlnt2new
02-01-2015, 08:10 PM
How is playing the game for a price?

the prices are ... extra - to play the game is the big one (;
i have played over 100 swiss tourneys - i have over 25 wins - i have never felt senseless for doing what i like